The mod...

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm checking here every day and no, the mod isn't dead. Dark lord N0ught has been working on the next version, although he hasn't posted here for some time. I guess real life keeps him busy.

Life is indeed keeping me busy. Basically a full-time farmhand for my cousin at this point - still staying in a tent, but I will be moving up to the second house at the end of this month. Might be getting a genuine job soon as well, and if so, my cousin will be selling me one of her cars to get back and forth. Getting married soon, though my adorable wife-to-be is keeping the date secret - I would marry her any hour of any day, though, so I like the mystery. Makes it extra exciting! I love her with all my heart. <3

I have a release almost complete, but there is one more piece of it I need to add, which really will require some digging. :twisted: Really though, I might release it without the last bit, because it has been a while since something happened here, and I know you guys are chomping at the bit. We will see what happens. Might get a wild hair, and just bang it out.

Still here though. Just less in the cyber world than in the real world lately. And the real world is really good right now. :grin:

Not necessarily. I am a rather good guy, and I made the mod after all. :razz:

I am sincerely going to try to get a release out within a month or so - no promises because my life is still rather hectic. But I will try. I literally only have ONE more, slightly complicated, thing to add. And then there will be some initial playtesting, and it should be ready. everything looks good so far... I am hoping for a bug-free release.

What can I say - I am an optimist. The fountain is always half-full. :twisted:

N0ught said:
I literally only have ONE more, slightly complicated, thing to add.

the-skeleton-army-poster.jpg

THEY are coming...

The funny thing is the great artificier is one of my favorite character,i mean he doesnt kill you when you are at the wrong time,a shame he dies.If i can suggest here there should be a mission where he helps you against the blood fountain,maybe taking the founta's power and then you can dominate all calradia instead of destroying it,like the great artificier says,necromancer preserves life over death,something like that  :grin:

UltimateCommander97 said:
The funny thing is the great artificier is one of my favorite character,i mean he doesnt kill you when you are at the wrong time,a shame he dies.If i can suggest here there should be a mission where he helps you against the blood fountain,maybe taking the founta's power and then you can dominate all calradia instead of destroying it,like the great artificier says,necromancer preserves life over death,something like that  :grin:

The Great Artificer is meant to be a character you kind of wish would stick around longer - who wouldn't want to hang out with Da Vinci? But he does have his reasons for leaving, and in the next release he potentially gets a bit more to say before he does. :wink:

Lynch said:
N0ught said:
No lol. No skeleton armies.

Oh well...  :sad:

Are there any plans to add them?

No I never liked the idea of animated skeletons - patchwork and burned undead take their place as lighter, quicker undead troops. In fact, I can confidently say that the basic undead and shock troop trees are pretty well complete now. There may be revisions to their equipment, but they will likely stay as they are now.

N0ught said:
No I never liked the idea of animated skeletons

May I ask, Why?
Apart from the fact that almost every reference that I can imagine of necromancy comes with the image of skeletons rising from the ground, it´s a commong suggestion in the suggestions thread.

Style mostly. This is my artwork, remember. The "shambling hordes" part of the undead army is occupied by Patchwork in this mod. I like the idea of more... "meaty" undead. Besides, burning, boiling or preserving wouldn't work for skeletons. And the fact is, TOO many references to necromancy include "animated skeletons". It's so overdone. I have tried to break through the most common concepts of necromancy for this mod, and get back to the roots of the occult.

There are references in traditional occult folklore to zombies, but these are always still mostly intact corpses. Fantasy and horror authors have actually added in the "animated skeleton" for shock purposes. I suppose a REALLY old zombie, whose flesh has fallen off in time, would be a skeleton. But they would also be rather weak, and beyond a necromancer's purposes, especially for this mod.

There are also references to the Golem, from Hebrew folklore, with the word "life" engraved in its forehead in sanskrit, which becomes "death" when one letter is removed, and thus the golem ceases to function.

And of course there are NUMEROUS references to demons and evil spirits in Christian and other folklore (yes, folklore).

And the "shadows" or "shades" are basically homunculi, which are from common occult folklore, and alluded to in Poe's writings.

Other types of undead, such as the ghosts, phantoms, and poltergeists referenced in my mod, are much more rare, and created through different means.

I hope that's a good enough explanation, because it's pretty much all I have to say on the subject. :wink:

wrouk said:
ii am going to download this mod today  :grin:

edit : but have a few questions:

1. can you have your own kingdom  and castles?

2. are there quest ?

1. You can have your own castles and a kingdom, just like in native M&B. But as yet there is no "undead faction" available. Maybe someday. This is by far the most requested addition to the mod, and will be very hard to implement. Frankly I just don't have the time right now.

2. There ARE quests (lots more going in the next release) but they are not tracked by the quest tracker. I prefer to force the player to keep track of what they are doing modwise, and let the game handle the native quests as usual.

N0ught said:
UltimateCommander97 said:

The Great Artificer is meant to be a character you kind of wish would stick around longer - who wouldn't want to hang out with Da Vinci? But he does have his reasons for leaving, and in the next release he potentially gets a bit more to say before he does. :wink:

Lynch said:
N0ught said:
No lol. No skeleton armies.

Oh well...  :sad:

Are there any plans to add them?

No I never liked the idea of animated skeletons - patchwork and burned undead take their place as lighter, quicker undead troops. In fact, I can confidently say that the basic undead and shock troop trees are pretty well complete now. There may be revisions to their equipment, but they will likely stay as they are now.

Ok,i think it needs to remain in that way  :arrow:,but i can't wait for another suprise XD

ThaneWulfgharn said:
If it won't be skeletons...I suppose it's going to be mummies,isn't it?

God, no. No mummies either. And no thing from the black lagoon or teenage werewolves or sparkly vampires either. :lol:

N0ught said:
No mummies either.

What about A mommie... The remains of a very ancient king, ruler of a kingdom lost long ago among the boiling sands of the Khergit desert?
A companion, maybe.

[quote author=N0ught]It's so overdone. I have tried to break through the most common concepts of necromancy for this mod, and get back to the roots of the occult.[/quote]

Oh...
And if I, politely and humbling, ask you to add them, would you consider to do that favor to this little community?

Its just that I cannot see necromancy without seeing the Triumph of Death (my favorite painting, btw), where the hordes of the dead are composed by skeletons.
It would be just glorious  to emulate the painting in Calradia.

Use preserved zombies. Their faces are skulls. :razz: I am a fan of the works of Bruegel the Elder, myself. Good stuff.

And as I said: no mummies/mommies. WAY too cinematic.

Back
Top Bottom