The many flukes of the AI

Users who are viewing this thread

As this thread teaches us, the sheer stupidity of the AI is sometimes indistinguishable from cunning or even genius. I remember being shot by a crossbowman right after I killed a footman in front of him as if he'd planned it, for example. So, what that is worthy of the Accidental Intelligence happened in your games?

Throwing spear/huscarl combo. The second the huscarl broke my shield with his axe, the throwing spear hit me sniper style right between the eyes.

No offense to the creator of that topic, but it doesn't seem as if there was any stupidity on the part of the AI in that particular scenario!

But my favorite "accidental genius" moments are those when the leader of your faction secures a truce with another faction from whom you've just taken a castle or town.  It's as if they know you need time to garrison it properly.  Of course, there's a only a fine line between that and declaring peace just before you've secured a castle or town!

I saw that the vaegirs were at war with the swadians so i declared war on them too. just after that, its a peace treaty between them, so im on my own.

I'm still going to win, but if the swadians presented more of a threat, then that WOULD be genius, now its only moderately intelligent...hehe... :wink:

King Harlaus chamberblocked and killed both Count Tellrog and King Graveth right after one another at the siege of Uxkhal. After his shield broke. It was to say the least impressive for a man as...prosperous around the middle as he.

@JJ: I can see where you're coming from, but I also meant its general stupidity, not just moments of it. Sorry for the confusion.
'Science only for some odd times' doesn't fit a certain law too well. Anyway...

when troops charge my archer line, and i give my archers the order to charge so they all gang up and kill  the attackers , then i watch them run off with a full quiver, swords drawn,  right into the arms of some loving Huscarals

Well, this is just typical AI behavior, but once I spawned in a valley in regular M&B, and the enemy found a small hill, put their archers on it, then put a shield wall a little lower. WE COULDN'T GET TO THE ARCHERS. They kept that position, infantry holding em off until the crossbowmen shot em. I swore to god, rotting in prison, that we had a traitor in our army.

In a battle, there was a randomly generated valley surrounded by sharp hills. I massacred all the frontline troops, so the sharpshooters in the valley started retreating up the hills--or so I thought. There were at least ten of them, making their ways through the woodwork. I decided to head into the valley so I could pick them off while they ran from a central position.

Then they received a reinforcement of exactly ONE unit. This emboldened the sharpshooters, all of whom turned from the top of the hills and fired death down upon me, who had so foolishly walked into a very obvious flanking trap (or, AI stupidity misinterpreted as a well-developed trap).

Back
Top Bottom