The Howitzer

Users who are viewing this thread

Fusiox

Regular
Just a quick question about the 12-pounder howitzer:

I've noticed that you have to aim quite far under your target in order to hit it even remotely close--there is no other cannon I've noticed that behaves in this manner.

I'm not sure, however, if this is a bug or a design choice (seeing as there was no change in aiming the howitzer in patch 1.006). The explosive shells are godly in the right hands, so perhaps to balance the power of its ammunition, the howitzer was made to be a bit more difficult to use?

Just wondering if other people have noticed this too.

It's because it's... well... a Howitzer. A Howitzer is a gun that "lobs," therefore it willl never just shoot "straight", it will shoot upwards.

Like monkey said, a howitzer is primarily used for firing over defenses at an angle. A standard cannon fires straight at a wall, while a howitzer would fire over the wall.

What they said.  I've heard howitzers being described as a hybrid between a cannon and a mortar.  Ingame it even kind of looks that way, shorter than your 12-lber cannon but longer than the mortar.

When aiming short-range with the Howitzer, use the barrel, not the retcicle, and you'll be fine

Back
Top Bottom