The Gathering: Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Maybe make it so your characters' hair show when you're wearing a hat, instead of it making him/her bald?? No, I have nothing against people like Vin Diesel, Bruce  Willis or Dr. Phil. Not at all. They're great people.  :smile:

Another thing is, the stone background in the Party menu. You reeeally have to change that! :razz:

MrJullof said:
Maybe make it so your characters' hair show when you're wearing a hat, instead of it making him/her bald?? No, I have nothing against people like Vin Diesel, Bruce  Willis or Dr. Phil. Not at all. They're great people.  :smile:

Another thing is, the stone background in the Party menu. You reeeally have to change that! :razz:
There are three ways to show the hair on hats, either make all the hair show and in which case 9 times out of 10 the hair will stick through the top or sides.
Add transparency effects like 1866 did where the hair only shows beneath the brim, I am not reall sure how they did this, but if I do find out it would be the perfect solution.
Add hair to the hat model, you see this in a couple of mods but it usually just means you suddenly have black hair when you actually have blonde etc
I will fix the UI's

And yes it is still the plan to implement regional recruiting

Hey, I'd just like to say great mod! I've really been enjoying it and I can tell you put a lot of work in to it! I hope you don't mind but as I was browsing this forum I saw this and figured I'd let you know of a few features I think would help. One thing I'd love would be battle continuation! It really sucks when I put my men up in a good position to give myself an advantage, only to be rendered unconscious by the random cross bolt or javalin. I think that would mostly benefit those that play as less combat oriented classes especially. Another would just be simple UI changes (I think, I've never modded before). I can tell you put a lot of work in with that cities, trust me, they're all absolutely gorgeous, same goes for castles and villages. But I don't always want to run in and find the village elder or guild master to start/complete quests, ya know? Most of the time I will gladly enter the cities, but I don't always have the patience to sit and wait through the load times. Any ways, just my two cents! Keep up the great mod! Not only is this already one of my favorites but I can tell this has a lot of potential too!!

BigManAvery said:
Hey, I'd just like to say great mod! I've really been enjoying it and I can tell you put a lot of work in to it! I hope you don't mind but as I was browsing this forum I saw this and figured I'd let you know of a few features I think would help. One thing I'd love would be battle continuation! It really sucks when I put my men up in a good position to give myself an advantage, only to be rendered unconscious by the random cross bolt or javalin. I think that would mostly benefit those that play as less combat oriented classes especially. Another would just be simple UI changes (I think, I've never modded before). I can tell you put a lot of work in with that cities, trust me, they're all absolutely gorgeous, same goes for castles and villages. But I don't always want to run in and find the village elder or guild master to start/complete quests, ya know? Most of the time I will gladly enter the cities, but I don't always have the patience to sit and wait through the load times. Any ways, just my two cents! Keep up the great mod! Not only is this already one of my favorites but I can tell this has a lot of potential too!!
Yes, don't worry, dying and losing the battle has annoyed me since I first started playing and its not something I like in the mod. This is planned to get taken out.
Interestingly enough, it was kind of the plan to get people to see the scenes rather than just menu hopping. I suppose some pretty pictures in the UI whilst navigating these menus could spice it up and make it less boring to have a speak with the mayor option and such. I guess I could also put the guild master right next to where you spawn, to avoid having to either go looking for him, or walking a long way.
Thanks for your feedback

Now, I probably won't get any friends by saying this but... these new attack animations

They have always been bothering me, in every single mod, because they just feel weird, and
rather unsmooth But since most seem to enjoy them, I won't argue with that

However, particulary in this mod I feel like they're missplaced. The movements origin from real
combat school from what I can tell but that's just the thing: most units in this game are
colonists and natives, and in my opinion, the "plump" native movements suit them much better

But that's just estethics, and you can easily change it on your own anyway

luadog said:
Being able to be a freelancer would be cool
Do you mean the freelancer mod?
Serann said:
Now, I probably won't get any friends by saying this but... these new attack animations

They have always been bothering me, in every single mod, because they just feel weird, and
rather unsmooth But since most seem to enjoy them, I won't argue with that

However, particulary in this mod I feel like they're missplaced. The movements origin from real
combat school from what I can tell but that's just the thing: most units in this game are
colonists and natives, and in my opinion, the "plump" native movements suit them much better

But that's just estethics, and you can easily change it on your own anyway
If I knew how to animate I would probably change them to suit the New Elgante world, although getting it to suit both tribes and colonists would be hard.

adv-pictish.jpg
Some armor like this for the Karkans?
images
Stone helmets?
Sheona-4-Macuahuitl.gif
And lastly, the macuahuitl. An Aztec weapon made of obsidian shards placed in wood. Worked like a chainsaw. I figure you could change the obsidian to that turquoise stone you use for snake warriors.

Got a strong urge to play something involving colonization of a world, and New Elgante is just perfect for that, but I'll try to refrain from playing it until the next patch and compatibility with the latest version.

When will you, or will you at all, add morion style helmets and cuirasses for the empire?  :smile:

The Fuzzy Viking said:
adv-pictish.jpg
Some armor like this for the Karkans?
images
Stone helmets?
Thanks, good references. I like that helm, I may get to making it when I start work again.
Sheona-4-Macuahuitl.gif
And lastly, the macuahuitl. An Aztec weapon made of obsidian shards placed in wood. Worked like a chainsaw. I figure you could change the obsidian to that turquoise stone you use for snake warriors.
:wink:
I made that a while ago, you just reminded me to texture it
YourStepDad said:
Got a strong urge to play something involving colonization of a world, and New Elgante is just perfect for that, but I'll try to refrain from playing it until the next patch and compatibility with the latest version.

When will you, or will you at all, add morion style helmets and cuirasses for the empire?  :smile:
After the snakes I can polish off the empire with some armour. Morions should be easy enough

Aaaawesome.

You know, it's not that often someone sees original armor models of that kind, or it's just me, but lately most stuff on TW is recycled & retextured OSP.

Can't wait to see what you'll make! :grin:

edit: you've got a pm.

Hey Joe.

I just want to suggest something, if only temporary.

Narf's plate armor pack, specifically, this:

mb339.jpg

It's open source, and I think they would be just perfect for elite empire zweihander units.

The morion could be temporary, but I see no reason why anyone wouldn't want to keep the armor and the sword. They are just too good not to have. :smile:

YourStepDad said:
Hey Joe.

I just want to suggest something, if only temporary.

Narf's plate armor pack, specifically, this:

mb339.jpg

It's open source, and I think they would be just perfect for elite empire zweihander units.

The morion could be temporary, but I see no reason why anyone wouldn't want to keep the armor and the sword. They are just too good not to have. :smile:
May be that I'll use them, but as you say, only temporarily, since I do feel like making those morion's myself.

The Fuzzy Viking said:
Adding the Freelancer mod would be fun. Being able to charge angrily down a mountain under the chieftain's banner would be awsome.
Yes it would be, apart from maybe some non-New Elgante dialogue, I think it will fit nicely

Shadlley said:
Hey,

I just wanted to say that this is an amazing mod. It feels really simple, and yet it's very unique. Just recently, I started playing Warband again, after a long break. I got bored of Native quite quickly though, so I decided to try out some new/improved mods. I downloaded some big mods, but none of them was as good as this one. I rarely see mods with a good storyline(if any), so New Elgante is a pleasant surprise. Everything feels well organised and smooth, which is very important and surprisingly hard to come across in other mods. Factions actually feel different and special because of their lore, especially the Tribe of Snakes.(their towns and castles look great btw!) The music and beautiful scenery are what amazes me the most. For once, I actually prefer to walk around the town, rather than use the menu to "teleport" to the tavern/castle/shop.
:grin: More scenes on the way!

I have a couple of small suggestions to hopefully make this mod even better.

First of all, the Tribe of Snakes arenas need some work. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that horses are quite hard to come across in the lands of the Snakes. If that's the case, then how come they waste them on tournaments, instead of using them in the army? Also, tribal tattoos shouldn't be used in the tournaments. They're all designed for men, so it's pretty disturbing to see women running around with hairy, manly chests.  :razz:
Very little is right about the arenas at the moment. Tournaments have been disabled for the next version, the equipment is just too random and the system really doesn't suit some cultures.

I believe that the Lundmen are too generic. They just don't feel special. They have a nice backstory, but except for that, they're not very unique. I think you should focus on making them more "visible". Perhaps give them a few more units? Or maybe adjust their equipment? It's not about making them stronger, it's about making them stand out more.
They are very much inspired by the Comanches, although they have probably the second least amount of work done on them (Arlen Barony has the least) so that culture may not be showing up yet.

Also, isn't Elgante Empire supposed to be the most powerful faction on the island? They start at war with EVERYONE. They were destroyed in less than 2 weeks in my first playthrough, which is very anti-climatic. Their towns are too far away from each other, so they have almost no means of defending themselves, even though they're well developed.
Honestly, I get different reports from everyone about this, although everyone agrees they are too spread out.
In short though, they are not supposed to be the most powerful faction, since their power is waning and they are in civil war. But they do have the best troops. They don't start at war with everyone, but that can happen, just the same as any other faction and their poor defensive layout can amplify that. They are still missing a town and some castles however so not much on placement can be done till sea travel is implemented.

Except for that, I found some little bugs, such as the "Graystock the Drunk unlimited xp glitch", or soldiers running into the walls, but that's not really a big issue.
I keep forgetting about Graystock :neutral:
The soldiers running into walls means no AI mesh. Generally I know about the maps without them. But if you do notice it again, note down which scenes it occurs in.

Btw. Even though I don't have any mod-making experience, I can help you with writing new texts, such as Companion/Claimants dialogues. It seems like you're good at designing the story, so I don't think you need my help. However, I can be creative when it comes to writing, so just ask if you need my help. I have a lot of free time.

Anyway, good luck. This mod has a great potential! I'm excited to see what you're going to do with it.

-Your new supporter.  :wink:
Well that could come in handy a lot, there is quite a bit of companion dialogue to go. PM me if you still want to do that and I'll give you more details.
Thanks for the feedback and your support :smile:

maybe some more good looking rifles ,,, I'm the one that always when i try a mod check how well the own made weapons or the added models are and i didn't like the rifles so much just a suggestion :smile:.

Hello! This is a Great mod, but still I have some suggestions for it.

First, The Rebels need to be much more effective. They tend to die too easily, mostly for enemy crossbows :/ so can you possibly improve them a bit?
I also noticed the rebels dont have Horsemen in singleplayer and could you add firearm units to them? After all they are bandits and once people/soldiers of the the Empire?

Second, I have happen to come across a bandit groups of 2000 members :O can you do something to make that not happen?

Third, Make all Crossbows and firearms usable in horseback and make firearms faster to reload and add more ammo! My cannoneer lose all theyre ammo too fast!
Thats all for now. :smile:

akak95 said:
maybe some more good looking rifles ,,, I'm the one that always when i try a mod check how well the own made weapons or the added models are and i didn't like the rifles so much just a suggestion :smile:.
The rifles aren't made by me, they are all from OSP packs, but I'll take that into consideration should I ever decide tomake the models myself. The firearms do play a small part in the mod at the moment  anyway.
Pullukka_Beduiini said:
Hello! This is a Great mod, but still I have some suggestions for it.

First, The Rebels need to be much more effective. They tend to die too easily, mostly for enemy crossbows :/ so can you possibly improve them a bit?
I also noticed the rebels dont have Horsemen in singleplayer and could you add firearm units to them? After all they are bandits and once people/soldiers of the the Empire?

Second, I have happen to come across a bandit groups of 2000 members :O can you do something to make that not happen?

Third, Make all Crossbows and firearms usable in horseback and make firearms faster to reload and add more ammo! My cannoneer lose all theyre ammo too fast!
Thats all for now. :smile:
I can't make all crossbows usable on horseback, light crossbows are certainly not a weak option if you are planning on "horseback crossbowing", there are a few firearms that can be used on horseback as well, the ones with "light" in their name usually.

Thanks for your suggestions

Back
Top Bottom