The 2014 FIFA World Cup, and the protests in Brazil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Sure! better salary for their politicians that's where the current politicians think the public money should go, each ounce! one less platter on the Brazilian table. Damnable regressive politicians, sinking the whole Nation.. erasing chances of potential we'd have, they're very blind by their luxuries, corrupted by power. This is no ilusion, this is happening right now, they've enslaved the people with all kinds of vices, we're just waking up, midia brainwashing failure, he did better shows.

Wolfhead said:
your nightmare said:
At least this made me chuckle a bit, but I guess it shows how fed up the people are with the current situation.
Live poll on Brazillian TV goes wrong
That guy is such an ******* it's not even funny. He's a Fox News kind of *******.

Well at least he brought us the desperate mother who can't seem to gather 300R$ to buy her Teenager daugher's Jean Pants. Or wasn't he, I can't seem to remember where that viral moment came from.

:grin: I'm from Juazeiro do Norte and we trapped the mayor inside a bank it was awesome.
This mayor, Raimundo Macêdo, was mayor before, he stole us, yet he was elected again - wtf.
Also, I heard that when the reduction of the teacher's salary was approved on the city council, he was chilling in Portugal (not know if it's true though)

Goker said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6QVLE8PQJ8 - Watch in English Captions.

Brazilian forumites can tell if this video explains the situation suitably. It seemed alright to me.

Even though they were against the protests before, I think they did a good job. A better coverage of the situation in Brazil than what the reporters do in Turkey.

Well ****! doesn't it get better and better around here? an Insurrection against a corrupt, stupid and ineffetictive goverment, now a Evangelic Inquisition?! one does not simply mix religion with politics if the appointed is not qualified for the position, the anti-gay religious dirty preacher and politician Marco Feliciano is agitating to create an Evangelic "Rebellion" if the Goverment does not approve his petition of the "Gay Cure"..
And here I'm thinking, could this goverment get any stupid? what's NEXT? An Alien Invasion?!

MadVader said:
So the boys from Brazil are all off the streets watching football now, correct? :smile:

No. You see the problem with football in Brazil is that it was intentionally grown as a mass-demobilizing thing from scratch in the Dictatorship. Football is fine, but as the protesters shouted, we don't want a World Cup, we want Healthcare and Education.
Also, **** yeah, the ****ing fares got reduced. Now it's time to fight for further changes!

Eктωρ said:
MadVader said:
So the boys from Brazil are all off the streets watching football now, correct? :smile:

No. You see the problem with football in Brazil is that it was intentionally grown as a mass-demobilizing thing from scratch in the Dictatorship. Football is fine, but as the protesters shouted, we don't want a World Cup, we want Healthcare and Education.
Also, **** yeah, the ****ing fares got reduced. Now it's time to fight for further changes!
I posted that during the Brazil-Mexico game, so there was an implicit context. I was wondering if the streets were quiet during football matches when national honor is at stake?

Of course not. The city seemed the same when a Brazil game is on. Shouts everywhere when there's a goal or a nice move, fireworks, people gathering at bars and setting up projector screens.

They have no shame, you see. Even some people who are participating in the protests stopped to watch.

Also, I'm currently HEAVILY PISSED (and I wrote it on caps so I can further emphasize it) at the directions our local movement is going to. The communist parties are starting to get involved in the meetings, and even helped to set tomorrow's objective as the ****ing Free Pass. As if increasing bus costs to the companies and government isn't going to get us some nice taxes going up. As taxes going up doesn't mean they'll have even more money than they should. As if they would pay the companies the right amount of money needed to run the so-desired good transportation. As if they won't fake it by buying a couple of new buses for thrice the price everytime someone complains.

As if they need more money. It's so dumb of these leadership tryouts to think that redirecting the payment of buses to our taxes is going to solve anything. Oh wait, they're still tricking people to believe it'll be truly free. Also, I read an article that said almost the same thing (communist movement trying to redirect people) in São Paulo, Rio and Minas Gerais. That **** is ****ing national. It's planned. And if they do manage to turn people to fight for the Free Pass, it'll be all for naught.

Our government blatantly steals money and people discuss new ways to give them more of it. My hope is now almost at zero again.

EDIT: If you guys need an example of blatant money stealing (which I have to offer, since I'm making that statement and there's no shortage of samples), here goes: Salvador's Subway. A beautiful project, started in year 2000, planned to cover 12km ground and link some places that really needed it. The planned costs were about 300 million R$. It's 2013, they cut the project down to 6km years ago, the trains were bought in 2003 and are rusting in an open space, no protection from rain, etc. They built most of the structures over the years and "stopped" (there are people cleaning it and taking care of the ghost stations, and some helmeted workers that are probably just posing there) about 2-3 years ago. Now guess how much it has cost until now. 600 million R$. It isn't finished, it was cut in half, the trains will have to be either scrapped and rebought or magically restored, there are people working there and I don't doubt they have ties with the politicians responsible (guessing here) and it cost double of what it should...

I wouldn't give the government a cent. They have much more money than they need. And they throw it away, or just deride it to their pockets. Forget what I said before, my hope IS zero now.

Headmaster said:
The communist parties are starting to get involved in the meetings, and even helped to set tomorrow's objective as the ****ing Free Pass.

As soon as the far right or left get involved they always manage to **** great things up one way or another.

Headmaster said:
Forget what I said before, my hope IS zero now.
Hehheh.

Well, there's supposed to be another protest in my city starting in an hour. Interesting thing is that universities and schools have suspended (if not entirely, at least partially) their classes because of the protest today.
I planned on going. Not because I believe it's gonna make a difference, but because I'd enjoy the chance of seeing a possible cluster**** from up close. It's raining, though, so I'm not going out.
Specially because I have to finish a monograph for tomorrow.  :razz:

Hell yeah! could Brazilian Goverment get any RIDICULOUS?! they have approved the "gay cure" LOLOLOLOL!

What the hell dude?! it seems I live in a Circus, only clowns in the goverment  :mrgreen:

Singers, ex-soccer players, mafia bosses, ex paramilitary people, the hell, it's a helluva of party HERE! it's the goverment you see, they think we're suicidal STUPID! they think we're children and we DON'T SEE the IDIOCY they DO..

Seriously now, I don't know how it came to this, but surely even AMBALON has to agree with me, this become ridiculous, I'm not gay nor homosexual, but GAY CURE?! what the ****..... we have to clean these ****ers outta of the goverment.. the world laugh at us today, laughing only, for not crying.. this is.. ridiculous..~

PS: Sorry about my rage.. it is just.. unbelievable, the shame hurts, but hopely we'll change that, we'll change Brazil, it might seen like a foolish and impossible idea, but is enough to keep a lot of people going..

Fella, this is crazy, what does these brainless politicians think they are doing?

Half my city is going to protest tomorrow, Half, a city. Sums up to half a million.. this nation is going down in the next days if these *****es don't do what we demand, renown soccer players saying that fifa is more important than hospitals? that protests are meaningless? cara, mas que ridículo.

Darkgenius said:
Oh yes, I find the concept of them believing there is a gay cure (even though I'm a strong adept of the theory that one can learn to like and dislike pretty much anything) quite... fascinating.
I like that this is happening, though. It's a great opportunity to see some **** and a fan have a wonderful collision.  :razz:

Anyway, some ex-soccer players are decent politicians. Romário tends to be pretty serious about his involvement in politics. If I'm not mistaken, he has one of the smallest abstention rates among his peers and does, on occasion, come up with decent projects.

That's it. Over the past few days I've been having more and more confirmation that there are high chances of there being a new coup in Brazil. I will never stop fighting if that happens.

Eктωρ said:
That's it. Over the past few days I've been having more and more confirmation that there are high chances of there being a new coup in Brazil. I will never stop fighting if that happens.
The World Coup next year? :smile:
Don't go full ancalimon on us.

Back
Top Bottom