Team Deathmatch ? ... bringing magic back to PW

Are you on Red or Green side of the mod?

• Red (team deathmatch)

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • Green (RP controlled game))

Votes: 45 66.2%
  • I do not agree with such a point of view

Votes: 11 16.2%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Eragon91 said:
"We don't judge as much on what you do, more HOW you do it"
As long as admins take their time to look into things, this is what happens anyway. Don't behave like a douche and you'll get along with the others, simple as that.
As a matter of fact rules are not for everyone, but to scare of those who use to take advantage of others  in any way. If you play without this intention, you will never have serious issues with rulesets as long as there isn't a serious loophole to be exploited by a horde ("//You can't deny me entrance, you think I'm a doctor no outlaw! No you dont know me, you just killed me while robbing your chest 2 mins before, NLR!!!!!").
Legolan said:
, of course all the serfs would need lords to protect them and not the admins :twisted: so even  though there would be less RP, there would sorta be more RP :???:
That depends on the Style of Lord play.
if you got your guard on TS then there won't be a lot of roleplay with outsiders or other actions. Prominent example of a faction that lasted longer then a few days (and wasnt counted as "faction"technically) here is EU's Townwatch from summer. Instead of enforcing investigations ic after several complaints, the admin founding it enforced teamspeak for everyone to raise discipline and coordination.
The result is well known, the interaction with the trolls that needed to be done to get the peaceful market lowered even more and it was a complete mess with a lot of spam and griefing. It led to total chaos and more or less involved admins trolling TW instead of trying to bring order in what they funded. Faineant to mention that provocing a totally nervous bunch of people to leftclick too fast is easy, and single persons trying to were unable to get rid of the mess with a spammed roster and no clear laws of what the TW should actually do (everyone ever written a town law?)
If you dont have your guard on TS this enforces roleplay as you have to interact ic with everyone around you. You probably also find a different reason for people to follow you then being on the same TS, like your Lordly behaviour for example. Problem with that though is that chances are TS factions wont let you in peace, and usually have way better coordination in battle then armies that type to each other to exchange information. And if you get on TS every time with your new found friends, situation 1 appears. So as long as you are not really popular, and able to unite like at least 25% or more of the servers population under your banner, chances are good you get stomped out of your castle pretty soon as someone thinks he has to own it this very moment, no matter what you actually planned in this castle, like opening a brothel our hosting a non-aggressive faction that roleplays serfs and civilians and not only soldiers.

killer110 said:
Is there any such thing as an RP serf? Legolan the Lemon Farmer does not count.
There is, would be counted as advertising though if I got deeper into that here.
Oh and there's Pushkin.
Most other serf earn their punishment by simply being annoying, not by working to slow.

Knüppel said:
killer110 said:
There is, would be counted as advertising though if I got deeper into that here.
Oh and there's Pushkin.
Most other serf earn their punishment by simply being annoying, not by working to slow.
How would it be considered advertising?

I would refer to a none PW server as PW is no dedicated roleplay mod, so it happens not that much on pw, at least as much as I experienced. I never had as much servants and slaves around me as I got now when I had a faction on PW, but mainly a bnuch of knights and two or maybe three unarmed/lightly armed people. It is simply too dangerous here to wear a dress all day.

You're still allowed to tell what you're talking about. Advertising would be like writing in a post or starting a thread saying: Hey come buy this product! It has loads of good stuff such as......

Oh and the only women in dresses I see killed in PW are brides.

Edit:+50 points for first post on page 3!

killer110 said:

no one stays serf because now being a serf is just a means to an end, if you look back the server would be full of serfs in pior versions, not just because people wanted to get money because it was a choice you already had starting money and could choose what ever class you wanted so there was no need to really work towards an end, also serfing (Not trading) in 3.5 to make a decent amount of money would take a long time, best way to get money as I tried to do many times was set up a trading company including miners, transporters,blacksmiths, muel riders, and the guards, and sell those oh so tasty Iron bar mules

TDM? What for? They made cRPG to address that. PW is my place to rp. A couple days ago I used to think rp was dead, but today man oh man, had so many fun adventures just rping with my buddy. If we wanted TDM we would have went and played native...

sinofchaos said:
TDM? What for? They made cRPG to address that. PW is my place to rp. A couple days ago I used to think rp was dead, but today man oh man, had so many fun adventures just rping with my buddy. If we wanted TDM we would have went and played native...

Wrong...

PW TDM is different. It is all stages of team effort to bit other team not only simple rush battle.

1.Preperations(recruitmant/serf work/weapon crafts)
2.Building up(possible fortification + key strategic point to take=fighting for resources)
3.Battle (possible great siege which could take weeks to succed)

All this stages need a lot of RP to achive your goal if..only if..you are RP player. If you are not.Well the best RP server will not help you anyway.

NOVICIUS said:
sinofchaos said:

Wrong...

PW TDM is different. It is all stages of team effort to bit other team not only simple rush battle.

1.Preperations(serf work)
2.Building up(possiblre fortification)
3.Battle (possible castle warz simple sieges that would take 1 hour if you don't have a engineer and have very little luck)

Corrected

Herbiazors said:
NOVICIUS said:
sinofchaos said:

Wrong...

3.Battle (possible castle warz simple sieges that would take 1 hour if you don't have a engineer and have very little luck)

Corrected

sorry I realise that and I was starting to edit/develop this idea...

I think from some time about constructable map in which you would build up protection walls for village of your own. It would be real team effort to fight against others. I have to say that War Mod is my inspiration.

Edit:
Imagine:

stage 1.simple castle with basic defences
stage 2.walls which protect basic habitat of your team population
stage 3.Town which protect whole team effort - mines/foreest/production lines

This is also other way to make woodcutting essential to the game rather than second choice for money making

NOVICIUS said:
Herbiazors said:
NOVICIUS said:
sinofchaos said:

Wrong...

Corrected

sorry I realise that and I was starting to edit/develop this idea...

I think from some time about constructable map in which you would build up protection walls for village of your own. It would be real team effort to fight against others. I have to say that War Mod is my inspiration.

Edit:
Imagine:

stage 1.simple castle with basic defences
stage 2.walls which protect basic habitat of your team population
stage 3.Town which protect whole team effort - mines/foreest/production lines

This is also other way to make woodcutting essential to the game rather than second choice for money making
Put this in the suggestion thread?

Back
Top Bottom