Team Deathmatch ? ... bringing magic back to PW

Are you on Red or Green side of the mod?

• Red (team deathmatch)

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • Green (RP controlled game))

Votes: 45 66.2%
  • I do not agree with such a point of view

Votes: 11 16.2%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Serann said:
Nov, the times where you needed friends to build a large Empire are over, that was back in v3.

Now, every idiot can start a faction, and everyone will join at the promise of castle wars. And that will do.

Ruling has instead become nothing but a bother.

Either you aren't in a faction, and are usually left alone, at least on NA.
Or you are part of a faction and risk idiots making their own for the sole purpose of fighting you.

Undisturbed roleplay does not origin from the presence of a strong faction, but rather the lack of one.

I believe that is still possible to build proper faction. This "every idiot" faction rise and fall in matter of minutes after they have quick castle war as you rightly said.

If you build proper faction your goal is not to attack but to deffend. The ultimate goal is to secure safety for Your population.

First problem you face is indeed "every idiot" faction. Once you defeat their main forces you should go back to your territory and build up to remain in control of proceedings.
Second problem you face is your own soldiers who have join your faction from different reason than yours. You have to:
1.Pay them so they want randomly attack or tax players.
2.Entertain them so they are not bored: 
- give them task - protecting your carts, serfs; patrolling; scouting; educating new recruits etc.
- organise tournament when you feel secure from "every idiot"
3.Give them some titles and positions for good service.
4.When you have enough soldiers ban this who disobey orders, causing problems, destroying team spirit and so on.
Third problem is simple: What next?

..well if you get to the Third problem stage You will know what to do as this mean You are truly leader of people with vision.

Undisturbed roleplay does not origin from the presence of a strong faction, but rather the lack of one. - this is like saying: leave me alone and let me play with my RP. It is ok but why not go for singleplayer game when you do not want to be affected by other players game. For me far more exiting and challanging is to make my own RP as a part of game world and involve as many players as possible.

You do not get my argument at all.

You think that if there are more than one player, a faction should automaticly arise?
We are perfectly capable of creating RP without any factions at all, and what I meant to say with my closing line was,
that once there are castle wars going on, your RP will soon become somehow affected, and most likly in a way you
do not enjoy.

I have yet to see a single faction that didn't get caught up in silly castle wars. And even when there was one with
at least one good RPer as their leader, RP with that leader was quickly interrupted because everyone likes
to pick a fight with a faction.

I believe a true RPer doesn't need his name on some kind of faction list to roleplay as one. He doesn't even need his
servants with him, though they help when there are more idiotic roleplayers around.

I do not think so that you get my point  :sad:

I know what you (RPers) guys do in general. My point is that only RP Kingdom can involve in RP situation a lot of players not only elite which chat with themselves on the side. I do not need everybody to be perfect RPer. It is enough if every player in Faction accept his ROLE and will PLAY it. Call it Castle Wars/ TDM or whatever..I call it RP Kingdom.

your RP will soon become somehow affected, and most likly in a way you
do not enjoy.
- same again. I am sorry to disturb  :roll:. For me this is all fun about multiplier than others do different things. I may enjoy it or not at the moment but I will definitely enjoy it in perspective of whole game. When everybody is fallowing the same path the game is boring. I use to enjoy being randomed, abused and so on as long I was allowed to do something about it. Without difficulties there is no fun and satisfaction from playing, achieving, creating....there is no passion...NO MAGIC

There's a disconnect between NOV and Serann's definition of role play here.

NOV considers anything apart from killing everything that moves to be role play.

Serann is stricter, he wants story based role play.

The castle wars term is used far too broadly, why can't there be wars and role play? It's like every role player has shunned war as a game ruining thing..

I decide to carry on working on my map. One of the key ideas is to separate commoners/civilians from factions/soldiers. There will be no soldiers like training for commoners (I still think of xbowmans for commoners Town watch in Town) and no civilian training for factions (eng could be exception in this case). The idea is to allowed both Castle Wars and peacefull RP as it was in Medieval. Serf did not give a .... about nobles wars and opposite. On the other hand faction/soldiers would have to behave nicely to not run out of resources. Faction which would have the biggest number of commoners working for them would be the strongest one. Commoners will have option to ignore factions and work in town. However if some commoner would like to join faction it would be reasonable to work for it first and then being somehow promoted to the soldier.

EDIT: this should work with commoners not dropping money on death which option is available for server owners.
EDIT2: There will be no automatic degradation of soldier when he will run out of money. However to make some money he would have to leave the faction which in some way would force NLR.

Back
Top Bottom