Tabards and your own heraldry

Users who are viewing this thread

Actually in the latest versions, we have 2 armors, both mail shirts with surcoats. Makes me wonder if Armagan has it in mind once you pick your own heraldry, it shows up on those armors.

Just a thought.

Ian

Surcoats is definitely the way to go for heraldry. Strictly speaking, shields should also have each individual's heraldry on it too (where appropriate, ie for Lords and Heros).

Yes having either surcoats or tabards is and excellent idea.  I myself fall from a strong family line of warriors and conquerors.  It would be a great honor to see my men in Mount&Blade to were my family crest into battle and prevail like my ancestors.

Congratulations this suggestion made itself into the game exactly as described in the first post! Although not finalized or accessible without some modding!

-You get a two colour banner which you can choose how to divide and colour.
-You can choose up four shapes (or none) which you can colour and locate (according to pre-sets).
-Can also choose the banners shape (long, square, short) and it's shape on minimap as a separate option.

Now that would be very nice to see in action. No more Photoshopping the Banners file to get my Suikoden Highland Kingdom-banner in  :mrgreen:

Now that heraldry has become more integrated with the game, I finally decided to import the banner that some kind soul made for me ages ago.:
eagle3fc5.jpg

It was based off of this:
accolade.jpg

It came out more like this:
mb1.jpg

mb2.jpg

mb3-1.jpg

It turned out very nice (and was very easy to do-- kudos to the team on this), but it doesn't really look right. The problem, I think, is using white as a base, and not copying the design on the back.

doorknobdeity said:
Now that heraldry has become more integrated with the game, I finally decided to import the banner that some kind soul made for me ages ago.:
[images were here]

Yes, this is going to cut down on how many textures I have to make considerably for my mod.  Now only if they would do it for warhorses.  Please Armagan, if you read this put this in for warhorses!

And I am definitely glad I was wrong!  This is awesome.

doorknobdeity said:
It turned out very nice (and was very easy to do-- kudos to the team on this), but it doesn't really look right. The problem, I think, is using white as a base, and not copying the design on the back.
I think you just need to make the design in the centre of the banner a bit smaller, and it'll look fine. The white on the back is a bit jarring, though, you're right.

Especially because it's all I'm going to be seeing, for the most part.

Oh, well. I'll just get a two-hander and keep the shield on my back.

Like the new feature with you own banner on the shield ect, but a great thing would be if you could get it on your Warhorse aswell.
That would give the knights a true awsome look with all the dashing and glory they so much like.
Just a thaugt  :smile:

Banners for your companions too - perhaps an option to have them swear an oath to you and then take part of your heraldry as your own?  Yes please for warhorse heraldry!  Would be great to be in mid battle and see a flurry of yellow/red/green etc marking your favourite companion as he/she thunders past.

I want every single troop in my army, from the lowly farmer to the glorious Swadian Knight, to carry my insignia on their shields/tabards/horses/tattooed on their forehead :smile:
Well, maybe not tattooed, but I really would like to be able to recognise my troops at a glance.
That would mean having tabards as separate equipment piece, that could be put over any armor...

If I'm already paying a few thousand denars to my troops, I can spare a few more hundred to make them pretty. :smile:

doorknobdeity said:
eagle3fc5.jpg

accolade.jpg

It came out more like this:
mb1.jpg

mb2.jpg

mb3-1.jpg

How can you import your own heraldry into 0.951?

Hopefully the final version wont have its heraldry textures quite so low too, theyre a bit too blocky and fuzzy to be convincing, and it would be great to add more to the listing at the start.  Saw a glimpse of a heraldry designer in some thread. No idea where, but hey, hope its implemented.  I also think the designs may need a secondary because some of them either work on the round sheilds but not the tower sheilds and visa versa.  Either that or the way the texture is picked up by the item needs a bit of fiddling with, to use the design (or parts of) in a better manner.  Maybe if we even get a high end heraldic plate armour it would need a brass version too.

it would be cool if you could charge in with a banner attached yo your horse and some other character have a smaller banner, and hvae a surcoat for horses with your heraldry and on the lances you have little flags hanging off it and a ribbon twirled around the lance and on ya helmet have tincy wincy flags on top of it ^_^

doorknobdeity said:
eagle3fc5.jpg

accolade.jpg

[...]

I like this painting to, so I decided to give a try, and made this :

(Yeah, not exactly the same eagle, but I prefer this style :wink:)

The problem is : it looks very good on the world-map banner and on a kite shield, but sucks with tabard or a round shield :sad:

I'll continue to try and have a better look.

Back
Top Bottom