Tabards and your own heraldry

Users who are viewing this thread

Artus said:
that would be kool :grin:

God, you are stupid. Need I use an image twice in the same thread?

youwintheprizejq6.jpg

I think it would be cool if you could design your own heraldry and make it possible to have it on your army, atleast partially..
Imagine an infantrymen with a the design on his shield for example... It would be awesome..

Valus said:
I think it would be cool if you could design your own heraldry and make it possible to have it on your army, atleast partially..
Imagine an infantrymen with a the design on his shield for example... It would be awesome..

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

You're stupid too! Holy ****!

Agh this guy is PAINFUL to read(Valus that is)

Valus said:

That was the general consensus, and you really said NOTHING about it besides it would be nice

Imagine an infantrymen with a the design on his shield for example...

If you are going to do *imagine thises* at least do something that makes sense, infantry were the ruck, like you, uneducated, levied by the lord for minimal pay to beat back foreign infantry and be a buffer to enemy cavalry, generally worthless so why would you go through the extra cost of giving them heraldry?

It would be awesome..

You don't need to repeat your basic idea over and over in a post.

This idea would be great, and would fit in with the idea I posted in the Houses thread or something like that.  I would love heraldry, but probably wouldn't bother as I was too busy braining swads.

Valus said:

already possible.

All you have to do is take the time to make the textures, and add in the scripting.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,8652.0.html

I got the above idea working - python scripts posted in the exchange thread for free use.

I don't ask for customization. I'd like to have every armies wearing their own tabards (except outlaws). And an option to remove names over friendly troops. And a cookie.

My Coat of Arms would be a russet onion fighting an azure brocolli over a sage-spangled field of orange.

And it would smell like friend chicken, if scratched.

Bonquida said:
My Coat of Arms would be a russet onion fighting an azure brocolli over a sage-spangled field of orange.

And it would smell like friend chicken, if scratched.
That sounds more like what's for dinner not a Coat of Arms!  :wink:

yeah me and my friend was discussing this the other day, and it would be awesome with some sense of unity with your troops  :wink:

Some things that could be cool:

1. Pre-defined heraldric symbols for different nations.  The Swadians, for example, could have a golden lion on crimson as their primary symbol, and the random and puchaseable/selectable tabards would be variations on that

2.  Tabards being separated from armors, so people could go for an all-natural look if they chose.

Well, Maybe your liege could give you armour identical in stats to the one you were wearing at the time of oath-signing except that i would be heralded with your banner?
and a shield?

what happens though if you're wearing a tattered light leather?  And you later upgrade to a Mail with surcoat?  Do you get to keep your heraldry?

It may be time-consuming and chew lots of MB to have enough textures, but I think it's the best way:  Three textures for each city, for example, allows a surcoat/mail, a plate armour, and a light/leather armour, and can also be applied to shields and horse trappers.

Then you get the 'city' heraldry (not the same as the Lord of that city, necessarily) when you join a faction / are knighted / whatever.

What do you think about another slot in inventory just for tabards? Tabards with heraldry would be separate items. The problem is, if it would siut the armor you are wearing...

I actually had the same idea in mind once I played Assassin's Creed and though about how cool the coat of plates will look with a white tabard with a crusader sign.

Back
Top Bottom