Support

Users who are viewing this thread

I don't know why but that's also the case in my game. I think at some point somebody edited her face to look different from the original intention (to match the color of the skin in the outfit).

One way to fix it is to turn on edit mode and edit a character to have the proper skin tone and use Ctrl+E to grab the face code, paste it into the face field in Morgh's. There's instructions on how to do that in Morgh's and elsewhere on the internet. Save the changes (make backups of the troops.txt file if you need to), then reload the game.

Hi guys the only mod I have installed in the floris extended,
I want to increase the battle size beyond 150, but the options menu maxes at 150. Do I need to install any other mods to increase this or does floris have something built in?
Thanks!

10th_DLigne_MajGen_Doctor said:
Hi guys the only mod I have installed in the floris extended,
I want to increase the battle size beyond 150, but the options menu maxes at 150. Do I need to install any other mods to increase this or does floris have something built in?
Thanks!
Use this. Make sure that the value you set in the mod options in Floris is the same as the value you set in that Battle Sizer. Also be warned that for many computers, battle sizes beyond 300 are somewhat choppy especially in Floris (more than most mods) even with a good computer.

Uh...the only problem that i have with Floris is the Tier 6-7 soldiers.They're almost impossible to train.Any hints?

6-7 rank units are supposed to be hard to train. Rank 6's aren't THAT bad... if you manage your troops carefully nad have some surgery to keep them alive, you are bound to get a few - especially amongst your archers if you have a habit of protecting them well. Rank 7 on the other hand - they are pretty much "legendary" units. Don't expect to have lots of them is the short answer. Easiest to get in archers whom you can sort of protect. infantry and even cavalry tend to not get lucky enough to live to see rank7 most of the time...

If you really really want rank7 units then the only real "tip" i can give is:
- Capture and recruit them as prisoners. Enemies nearly always have a mix of units including a handful of rank7s and rank6s. if you capture them you can get them that way.
- When you own a city (or a castle I think works too) you can ask your constable to make a new patrol (not from garrison) and pay to get an elite patrol. That will include a few 6's and 7's. Send the partrol to reeinforce the garrison of your town - then simply pick them out of the garrison. You have to wait a week between each new patrol you can recruit though, and it limits you to only the faction-units you happen to be working with (either as a vassal, or of your own setting if you are king).

-Stigma

I want to ask - is there any progress on the troop-control (backspace) menu bug? There was a topic about it a while back with a fix that turned out to be very buggy for a lot of people - but now that seems to be just gone. is it being re-done or something? The bug seemed to be such a simple one-line-of-code type of problem that I expected it to get fixed in no time at all...

-Stigma

The new version 2.55 incorporates the backspace fix. Unfortunately it does not seem to be compatible with saves from 2.54 and earlier.

As this mod is no longer being currently actively developed, it isn't surprising that some band-aid patches have been overlooked, like what happened with the backspace fix and the 2.54 patch. Anyway hopefully all those issues were addressed in 2.55 properly as the fix was implemented through the module system instead of as a .txt tweak patch.

Hanakoganei said:
The new version 2.55 incorporates the backspace fix. Unfortunately it does not seem to be compatible with saves from 2.54 and earlier.

As this mod is no longer being currently actively developed, it isn't surprising that some band-aid patches have been overlooked, like what happened with the backspace fix and the 2.54 patch. Anyway hopefully all those issues were addressed in 2.55 properly as the fix was implemented through the module system instead of as a .txt tweak patch.

I wasn't aware the 2.55 was out. Just read the changelog, and even though the changes are minor they seem to fix the biggest gripes I had with the mod so far (the backspace menu and the abusable oversight in not gaining/losing relations when you join into battles to assist). All in all - awesome.

I had been considering a restart anyway because I had made some silly mistakes in my first play, so this makes the choice easy! :smile:

-Stigma

I just downloaded 2.55, but this seems to just be a big folder of the whole module rather than an install file like there was in the 2.54 module.

I really prefer to play extended, but with original animations and with original dust-particles (as I feel they slow down the game way too much for what visual effect it has).

Can i edit that manually in lack of a proper installer, or is there an installer somewhere I missed? If i have to manually edit it - can someone help point me in the right direction on how to do that?
I have the 2.54 module with default animations and default dust availiable from my previous playthrough. is it as simple as replacing some files/folders from that into the new 2.55 module?

EDIT: note to the author, the module package still says 2.54 inside the rar file (that says 2.55)
EDIT2: I tried just replacing the actions and particle txt files from before and at least it dosn't crash it on startup or anything. I assume this is the solution and that they remain compatible for 2.55?

-Stigma

Yes, Windyplains, the guy that put 2.55 together, forgot to change the package name. If you downloaded it properly it should be 2.55.

More information on this from this thread. The later posts talk about the minor issues you're noting now. This post in particular confirms that it's just a cosmetic error that it's still named 2.54.

To install it, simply overwrite all of the 2.54 files (make backups of the .txt files and module.ini at least if you feel like you need to) with the stuff that's in the package. Carefully check the folder structure to make sure you're doing it right. Alternately you can install Floris 2.55 into a different folder in modules, so that you get to keep your 2.54 folder (and its compatible saves) and a 2.55 folder, which is not save compatible with 2.54 and earlier. The latter method is recommended if you can spare the HD space.

I'll add an optional download file to replace native animations & remove the dust particle effect as well.  I am waiting for my next break from work.  The files that gave these effects animations.txt and particle_systems.txt from 2.54 will work for 2.55 in the meantime as these have not changed at all.

Thanks for the explanation Hanakoganei.

When I try to start Floris it crashes while loading giving me an error message that reads "RGL Error - get_object failed for texture: ext_itm_helmet_sar_t7_veiled_c_normal"

I checked Floris's textures folder for the file containing the item but couldn't find it. After redownloading the expanded edition (version 2.54) I still get the error message and the file still isn't in the textures folder.

Not sure if I need to download 2.55 expanded, find the file somewhere (preferably here), or just play on basic.

asdf123hjkl said:
When I try to start Floris it crashes while loading giving me an error message that reads "RGL Error - get_object failed for texture: ext_itm_helmet_sar_t7_veiled_c_normal"

I checked Floris's textures folder for the file containing the item but couldn't find it. After redownloading the expanded edition (version 2.54) I still get the error message and the file still isn't in the textures folder.

Not sure if I need to download 2.55 expanded, find the file somewhere (preferably here), or just play on basic.

Never mind, I realized that I wasn't running the right version of mount and blade. All the files loaded fine.

Hey guys, so I have no idea if I'm being stupid, not seeing something, but how do I start the mod/insert it into my Warband version? I downloaded it with the installer, installed it and can't run it so I tried to insert the folders 'Modules' and 'languages' into the respective original folders of the game. Now I start the game but e.g. can only select the native module in the start menu and if I start the game with that module, it's just the normal game version...
(might be important to know: I play it via Steam and the version of my game is 1.15:cool:
Please help :s

kris_kross said:
Hey guys, so I have no idea if I'm being stupid, not seeing something, but how do I start the mod/insert it into my Warband version? I downloaded it with the installer, installed it and can't run it so I tried to insert the folders 'Modules' and 'languages' into the respective original folders of the game. Now I start the game but e.g. can only select the native module in the start menu and if I start the game with that module, it's just the normal game version...
(might be important to know: I play it via Steam and the version of my game is 1.15:cool:
Please help :s
Where did you install it? As far as I can remember, you should directly install it to the main warband-modules directory and avoid copying and pasting.

Back
Top Bottom