Supernatural - New season starting tomorow

Users who are viewing this thread

Well, I did search for threads that were about the Supernatural series and didn't find any (well, I didn't really have the power of will to search the endless pages of results  :smile: ), so I thought I'd start it off.
The 8th season kicks off tomorow 3rd of October, so what do you excpect of this season?
Personally, I didn't really like season 6 and 7, they were just too...um, boring, and I excpect more from this one.

I liked it when they hunted stuff. Past two or three seasons it's just been about the heaven and hell stuff. Guess it's more budgety when you just have to give people black eyes.  :neutral:

When I was studying in an adult education center there were these 3 nerd girls in the dorm who watched it. The couple of episodes from first and probably the second season that I watched were alright, when each episode had a plot of its own, but when it started moving in to the great grand plot I just found it boring.

Totally agree, the first season started like if every episode was a horror movie, I liked that.
And yes, I watched 2 boring seasons (some episodes were good though) but it took me 6 months to finish watching them. 

I am conflicted. I also preferred the single episodes over the big plot, but the big plot brought delicious villains like **** Roman and before even Lucifer. And most importantly, Crowley. I also started to really like Castiel.

yep, don't scoff, I am a Supernatural fanboy. :wink:  (meaning I'd go full gay for Dean)  Which reminds me - they always cast at least one hot actress per episode. :wink:

I found the drama between the brothers sometimes hilarious, but mostly just ****ing irritating. Grown men don't go shouting WHY DON'T YOU TALK ME ABOUT YOUR FEELINGS I KNOW YOU'RE HURT at eachother. Jesus ****.

Nahkuri said:
I found the drama between the brothers sometimes hilarious, but mostly just ****ing irritating. Grown men don't go shouting WHY DON'T YOU TALK ME ABOUT YOUR FEELINGS I KNOW YOU'RE HURT at eachother. Jesus ****.

I like that they're quite aware of this, it's for teh fangirls. Episodes with Chuck, the one where they hunt a necromancer in a Holywood studio, the one about Supernatural con and the one where they travel to our world and try to act in the show...yeah, those are worth watching rest of the seasons. :wink:

"At 4:30 there's the "Homoerotic subtexts of Supernatural"..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMmhos4N5uQ

It's getting to Xena and Hercules like levels of self-aware silliness, man. Awesome. :wink:

All the Trickster episodes? :grin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=470TGKfJiR8

And one more season of "Why aren't you sharing your deepest emotions with me, Sam/Dean?"
I'm not sure what to think of it, yeah it will be fun finding out what happened to them during that year, but they already did that in a season where Dean came back from hell.

And Crowley sure as hell seems a lot more powerful than before.
I still think though that Cas is alive and is eventually gonna come back.

Warning: new season spoilers.

My hunch on Cas:

I think they did something really bad to him in order to open the gate out. Of course, knowing Cas he probably volunteered.

The brothers:

I really didn't buy the whole "I didn't even look for you" bit. It doesn't fit with the rest of the series. These guys are always messing with **** they really shouldn't and do really horrible things to get each other out of trouble. I don't buy that Sam would just shrug and give up without even trying.

I liked the horror episodes of the first two seasons. Bloody Mary ep, the haunted painting ep, little ghost girl with razorblade ep etc. I think it was season 3 they started with the whole "Sam is a super villain" **** and it became really bad. Then season 4 they started with the heaven and hell stuff and I stopped watching.

Mage246 said:

My hunch on Cas:

I think they did something really bad to him in order to open the gate out. Of course, knowing Cas he probably volunteered.

You confused me you ****er  :shock:

But yeah, to express my opinion as eloquently as possible: Sam and Dean be punk-ass *****es, give me Grimm any day. Seriously, with all the tears and angst it's like a live-action anime.

Despite my usual opinions on anime, this is not a good thing. So much wangst, I can't even take it.

Scully said:
I liked the horror episodes of the first two seasons. Bloody Mary ep, the haunted painting ep, little ghost girl with razorblade ep etc. I think it was season 3 they started with the whole "Sam is a super villain" **** and it became really bad. Then season 4 they started with the heaven and hell stuff and I stopped watching.

Yeah, I kinda thought/hoped they would get past that after Ssason 4. After I started watching season 5 a while ago, apparently they wont.

It might be stupid to some of the fans that they started with that heavan and hell thing but seriously, it wouldn't last for 8 seasons if they sticked only to the "hunting urban legends" episodes.
They do eventually throw in one of those which is like a compensation, I guess.
IDK, I like it one way or another.
Mage246 said:

My hunch on Cas:

That seems very likely.
I have no clue about the brothers, though.

Ogagon said:
It might be stupid to some of the fans that they started with that heavan and hell thing but seriously, it wouldn't last for 8 seasons if they sticked only to the "hunting urban legends" episodes.
They do eventually throw in one of those which is like a compensation, I guess.
IDK, I like it one way or another.
X Files managed to do it for 6 seasons.
Radalan said:
Scully said:

Yeah, I kinda thought/hoped they would get past that after Ssason 4. After I started watching season 5 a while ago, apparently they wont.
There was no going back after they started season 4 really.

Ogagon said:

Apocalypse arc was good. Now it's over, how about we see something else for a change. Is what I was going after.

Merlkir said:
I am conflicted. I also preferred the single episodes over the big plot, but the big plot brought delicious villains like **** Roman and before even Lucifer. And most importantly, Crowley. I also started to really like Castiel.

Totally agree, I'm mostly only in it for Crowley at the moment, he nicks all the best lines and steals all his scenes. If the gates of hell get permanently closed I am not going to be happy.  :mad:

**** Roman was good in a soulless minion of orthodoxy way, and faaar more of an evil entrepreneur than any villain to date.

I don't necessarily thing 'big' arcs are a bad thing. Buffy did great with it. Stargate did alright until season 8 when they KILLED IT WITH STUPID ORI PLOTS. I do agree that season 7 wasn't all that fantastic, and when they killed Bobby off I was like "Noooooooooooo!"  ;____;  Saddest sad face ever. I just hope Naomi turns out to be evil (and in need of killing) because Amanda Tapping just doesn't really fit in there for me.

Merlkir said:
All the Trickster episodes? :grin:

Those were great. I miss Gabe. I mean err, Gabriel  :cry:

Newly renewed for Season 9, BTW. As well Sam 'n' Dean, I know they're bringing Castiel back (this time as a regular rather than guest star) so fingers crossed they're bringing Crowley with him!

Wouldn't be opposed to Meg, either. She's pretty hawt.

Back
Top Bottom