Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
SmurfInHell said:
So awkwarrd has several comments on multiple forum posts talking about the undead, their respective morality, and a host of other things. I wanted to consolidate some of these into the suggestions thread so it doesn't get too spread out. I feel the suggestions thread is best for this, because it seems like an area for people to post ideas on suggestions and for other to give feedback, insight, and other forms of communication about an idea in one area.

In this post awkwarrd talks about the current system of morality and how it works with respect to the undead, hell units, and the Delthersam village recruits (mummies). He also talks about things like the morality issues due to things like companions, fighting other undead, and the overall difficulty keeping a party of undead going.

While I do think his posts can be rant-ish at times (:wink: I simply jest) - He does bring up several good points of issue. My response details some of the lore of the mod, from my understanding, and attempts to talk about the different undead variations along with talking about how they are different.

awkwarrd said:
Ah righto.

I don't know how the system works in coding, but it feels there needs to be another layer added to the system.
Like the primary GOOD vs EVIL layer, then a Faction layer.
So you can Setup the initial "Who is EVIL" and the "Who is GOOD", then you can specify the factions asif you were dealing with the Native version of Companions their Likes and Dislikes of other companions, but as a Faction to Faction thing.

So this way you can atleast have no Morale issues if you're evil, and are having Evil unit types in your army, which mostly consists of Hell units and Mummies being the primary problem with playing as Evil and losing mass morale.

And even then.. undead units or hell units suffering from morale? asif still clinging to their humanity and making a morale choice of their own while subjected to the necromancers will?
It doesn't feel real for the Phantasy universe, for every single unit in the game to be running on the same Morale system that subjects them to complaining and leaving an Army because they are a clingy GF who wants all the attention who says to the Necro at every Morale check "IT'S EITHER THEM OR ME! CHOOSE!" and most likely will just leave anyway.

With Maximum Necro skill, and a Necro staff, and Max Leadership, you will still have problems with a big army with 100% evil units.
And that's even if you are 100% fighting humans and killing people, and pillaging/burning villages.
Even Shadows appear to have some conscience.. if you go and kill alot of the Bandit shadows roaming around, your Shadows seem to lose Morale for fighting their own faction, then blame their Summoner, the character that brought them life, asif playing the "Shadow Race Card" and walking out on you, but not after capturing some Battle on video to show to the other shadows to start some conspiracy that forces all your shadows and sometimes your Companions to want to leave the army, until you have 60%-70% of your Army left, then they stop caring until you get more units.
This is all based around a 100 unit army, because more than that and Morale appears to be very problematic and restrictive for the Necro.
Unless you cheat and give yourself all the stats and skills, and will till get problems, but not as a problematic as if you didn't.

So lore wise in terms of undead we should talk about sentience and morality.

The fodder units you summon like zombies are undead or bent to your will. I could absolutely see them not being affected by morale (but I don't know how you could implement only some units being not affected). Eventually, at level 10 Necromancy (in the upcoming update) ANY undead will not break free from your control. This means you have mastered control of the undead WITHOUT the need for lichdom (though lichdom could accelerate gaining the Int stats needed for 10 necro).

Shadows and Mummies are sentient to an extent. The Shadows are bent to your will, but are capable of some form of learning and intelligence, WHICH explains how they can gain experience and level-up. It's like a gaining of knowledge, a retention of skills. This could also be used to argue if they should / should not be able to leave for morale issues. That being said, they can NOT break away from you as undead in combat at level 10 necro. This could lead to the argument that those unable to leave you during battle should not be available to leave you out of combat.

Mummies are a very different story. In the lore of the mod they are people who kind of chose to follow the lich king into death or voluntarily chose to become undead. They kept all, or some, of their past life memories and became a mummy. This allows them to basically be an undead human. They are not bent to your will, they are free form undead who chose to follow you with causes of their own. Similar to village recruits, but ya know, undead. Now in terms of morality it would make sense they would leave you if morale is low, because they are not bound to you.

Demons, from my understanding and other lore sources, are only in groups when it best suits them. They are manipulative, compulsive, and have a host of other thought processes. Normally demons are either looking for a larger goal for them to gain power, or to simply spread death and destruction. Does that mean party morale should matter to them? Well, I guess it would depend on what the demons in Calradia are after. If they seek death and destruction then it would make sense morality wouldn't matter to them, but in terms of say gaining power if a party is not doing well... The party has become dead weight and they would move on.

That being said, the morality affect they have on a party including evil units like shadows, demons, and etc, is not supposed to be like that. I am almost 100% certain that these are simply by-products of a fairly complex system being worked on. Considering they did choose to become undead I highly doubt they have problems with the likes of other undead apparitions.

Quick Note: These are all viewpoints based upon lore, logic, and rough ideas of morality. Game balance should be of utmost importance. I just feel that these three principles are a good starting place to test possibilities and options for game mechanics.
SmurfInHell said:
While I do think his posts can be rant-ish at times (:wink: I simply jest)
I agree, i re-read over some of my posts and noted how i spoke.
While trying to make my points i can carry on with pretty blunt anti-argumentative context.
And thankyou for looking past that stuff, i do love this mod, and i don't want to be considered trolling or be seen as angry posting, i just want to help in whatever way i can.
I will try to word things in an easier to read format that seem less like a rant.

• The fodder units, morale and lichdom:
    -Seeing that people have spoken about morale in general in a few threads before, it may be worth while to try dumbing down the morale a bit, maybe by 50% of it's effectiveness so we can tell what is doing what and be able to react, or put together a chart of things that hate each other from an intended perspective.
    -Lichdom will add INT in an upcoming update?
    -If you tested playing Necro when cheating, you can see that you can get 15 skill in Necro, will there be any point to getting 15 Necro skill? (especially if you are getting more int from lichdom)
    -Will there be any changes to the starting Necro skill or a starting weapon with a special Necro affix that will stop the first 5 Shadows from rebelling from you within the first couple of fights?
  • Shadows:
    -Are sentient but are still part human with humanity, because they still have the same Morale issues as the living, they don't seem to have any noticable difference that makes them evil other than the looks, you can have a full army of shadows, and then go hunt down Shadow bandit groups, and your shadows will lose morale from it, asif every shadow was from the same family and you just ordered them to kill their brother and they shed a tear, they would do it anyway, but with morale issues later on, like a Rhodok being ordered to kill his own countrymen, except Rhodok are not an agent of chaos.. why so serious?
    -Shadow Wizards have morale issues with Mummies.
  • Mummies:
    -Chose to be undead, and have morality and memories of their human life, they get no benefits other than the "don't eat", they are one of the weakest Town recruited units, and other than their skins they have no uniqueness to them and no usefulness in an army other than more fodder.
    -Golems are still the better option for town recruits.
    -They cause Shadow Wizards to lose morale.
  • Demons:
    -I hope that the morale problems caused by hell units being in your evil army is a bug, because other evil units losing morale and companions losing morale because of "volunteering" prisoner hell units is not fun.
    -It's pretty hard to capture a Balrog, let alone make an army of them without having to worry about morale issues with the evil units you are using to capture them with, even if you are trying to capture the Balrogs to use them as a suicide bomber on the Blazing Hand to break their ranks or cause problems for them.
    -Having a demonic card up your sleeve would be an evil thing i think, if i could put the demons in an enemies army to cause them morale issues.. then i would.

Balance wise, Clerics clearly have an advantage over a Necro.
With Mummies and Shadows being sentient, they still share the same vulnerabilities as something that is purely undead and has no memories, which would make the Cleric spells like purely fire or something and not of a paranormal element, because it wouldn't work at 100% effectiveness to things that have humanity in them, probably only scorch the outer crust of the enemy and weaken them, not flat out kill them.
The Necro class seems built around the early game, with nothing to do in late game when everyone has Clerics.

I personally see the Necro as a "Puppet Master" that can make all the undead he summons do whatever he wants, even leveling up and upgrading, it's all up to the Necro and his Will power, if he/she wants that to happens or not, which is up to the person playing the Necro anyway.
If the Shadow's upgrade on their own, without the need for the player to manually click upgrades for them, then i can understand the Sentient part.

first of all,fantastic mod. didnt think it would work but it so does!

it may have made it in here before but if not may i suggest you put formations ai in? keep going with your exellent work! cheers

leonn said:
first of all,fantastic mod. didnt think it would work but it so does!

it may have made it in here before but if not may i suggest you put formations ai in? keep going with your exellent work! cheers

Yeah, Guspav is aware but has had issues getting it to work with his mod, though I haven't seen him go into detail as to why, other than the obvious explanation that all the code has to go in to some of the same files he has already modded and there seem to be conflicts.

The mod in question by the way is "pre battle orders and deployment", I think. There is a bundle with it and Diplomacy, so some folks confuse Diplomacy with the PBOD mod.

Hope that gets ya up to speed.

Wasn't sure which suggestion branch to use, so putting it here...

Is it possible to add in custom armor systems, like instead of just head, body, and leg, possibly add in a resistance system that pulls straight from specific armors? I ask purely because it would be cool to be able to have elemental spells that actually have advantages and disadvantages to using rather than just having a "all magic" resistance, not to mention having equipment that actually can buff one's survival vs mages(especially troops survival)... Case in point, undead should fear fire and clerics of all races should shrug it off more, it would also open up the possibility to perform a check system based on elemental resistance for effects like fear and knockdown(if you considered a spell idea I'll add to the post towards the bottom) as well as say on fire, maybe being able to add a burn effect and on lightning bolt add a stun effect or a stun like effect, whichever... added effects would require either a certain magic power above the base cost to learn the spell or a secondary skill such as power throw adding it(within reason, obviously a mage isn't going to invest in power draw or riding or certain other skills...)

I'd love to see primarily Fire Resistance, Wind Resistance, Water Resistance, and Earth Resistance, each being attached to the spells within their domain that would go with a calculation that starts with one's base damage for the spell, then if direct hit it would add in power throw, followed by calculating the damage based on the magic resist skill, or remove it and have a Magic Resistance that would take over from here, followed by the element based resistance reducing the damage and a based on the element and magic resistance combined for a added effect chance roll...

I was considering the idea of suggesting a new spell and I came up with an aoe knockdown, it would be like Fireball, but instead of fire and being red, it could be white in hand and icon, and when thrown it could sound like a light breeze, but on impact it would sound like a massive storm suddenly picked up, knocking down ALL units(allies included) in it's radius that don't resist it, maybe doing minor blunt based damage based upon the resistance system suggested above.

I know that you recive a lot of request for the mod but i also would like to demand for more magic items and powers:
(also sorry for my terrible english, im a bad writer even in italian :lol:)

-Magic staves that allow an empowered version of a spell. Example: i earn (or steal from a dead body :twisted:) the "greater staff of fire" it can be used as a normal wizard staff OR can switch to a trowing weapon that trow a stronger version of fireball but with limited ammo and longer recharge time.

-An opposite alignment items to match the "holy" or "evil" ones.
Ex: Holy Avenger => Tainted Vendicator (Caotic Evil sord or some other kynd of weapon with poison like effect, superbe for a black guard  :roll:)

Sun Sword => Night Blade (heal or give some improvements to nearby undeads when struck an enemy, like a life siphoon or... some similar freakin awesome stuff) 

Disruption Mace => The Black Maul (an obsidian scepter with dark or necrotic powers, scare enemy when used for killing or have some cool dark effects. Of course for dark clerics)

Necromancer staff => Hierophant Scepter (scare the undeads or some kinky stuff)
etc...

-NEW POWEEEEEEERS!!!
Suggestions:

Disintegrate: high level and mana requering spell. Just shot it to an enemy and look at him vaporize or take really heavy damage, a good animation could be the one of the lightin bolt but green and with a straighter path.
Could replace fire arrow as a sniper spell.

Tremor/ earthquake: AoE spell tha deal ligth/medium blunt damage to the enemy and allies alike. You could use the animation of the desert dust for it. 
Power Word "Kill": usable only once in a day, effect similar to turn undead but affects living creatures (would be super cool on evil clerics too)

Dusk Weapon: The next strike with the primary weapon (for istance the one in the first slot) deals double damage, drain a lot of mana/faith

Slay the good/Smite the evil: charge a weapon (as before, the one in the first slot) like a staff against the normally good or evil enemies only, awesome sound effects required.
Good for both evil and good clerics.

Conjiure evil/good creatures(dont know if possible, i think it could be similar to the conjured weapon or shield spells scripts):
High faith Needed. Launched against an ally, change his equipment to making him a good or evil creature. (Example: the good spell turn an ally into a silver golem with some shiny sword,
intending it is a sort of angel or some similar stuff, the evil one do the same but with a demon) 

ecc.

A good idea would be to make some scrolls or equipments avaiable only via some unique quest and avaiable only for some classes. (could be a good role to assign to the useless man in 4 wais inn :idea:)

Arctic_Howler said:
I was considering the idea of suggesting a new spell and I came up with an aoe knockdown, it would be like Fireball, but instead of fire and being red, it could be white in hand and icon, and when thrown it could sound like a light breeze, but on impact it would sound like a massive storm suddenly picked up, knocking down ALL units(allies included) in it's radius that don't resist it, maybe doing minor blunt based damage based upon the resistance system suggested above.
Should be technically possible. The Wheel of Time mod had an "Earth blast" weave which did blunt damage and had a knockdown effect. Pretty damned handy against massed infantry.

The Wheel of Time mod has a lot of interesting spells. I imagine that a particle-based spell would also make Disintegrate spells look pretty cool.

I just wanna be a lazer wizard man. Pew pew pew!  :lol:

OBLI.png

I'd just like to add that it's important to take a look at the whole friendly fire thing.

Last time I played the Wheel of Time mod, my wizards completely destroyed the enemy as well as my own forces. The wizards tried to fire THROUGH the hill where my infantry was stationed, cue all my infantry catching fire and other crazy things. Oh particle system, so cuhraayzee.

That's Asha'man. WoT doesn't have wizards. Or magic in the traditional sense. And I find situations like those both add to overall realism, and prompt you to adapt and change tactics.

I'm reluctant to suggest this, as it seems so painfully obvious I would think someone else already has done so, but the search function has failed me soooo... Wouldn't it make more sense if the majority of drow lords were female? I was surprised when I saw the roster of drow lords consisting entirely of males, outside of the Matriarch. In fact, I think the Ridas Magocracy is the only faction that has a non-ruler female lord. Anyway, is there some technical limitation towards female lords or was there some other reasoning behind the male drow?

A second thing I'd like to address is, I was wondering if it would be possible to make it so that you can block with the Spiritual Hammer whenever you switch to melee mode. The Dwarven Thrower lets you block with the melee function so I thought it probably would translate easily if you mimic the property that allows for that, incorporating it into the Spiritual Hammer, but I wasn't sure since it's summoned through a spell and all. I just remember when I was still new to the mod and I got beat up when I tried to block with the Spiritual Hammer but couldn't do it.

Lastly, I thought I'd throw a minor suggestion out about some tournament locations. It's more for flavor and immersion than anything, but would having certain racial mounts appearing in their respective tournaments be a good or bad idea? I think you'd have to have a custom modified version for the tournaments because the more unique mounts tend to require more Riding skill, but I was just thinking about how different a Bloody Cliff tournament would look with wargs instead of horses. I suppose it might be considered inhumane to have unicorns involved with something like that, but if it happened, I guess they'd have to have the regeneration removed for the custom variant. I dunno if it's really a good idea though because most racial mounts have really good stats, so it would probably give the mounted contestants an even greater advantage, unless they keep the basic tournament saddle horse stats but just use the cool models instead. Actually, that would probably be for the best to not use the good stats, and just use the models for cosmetic purposes instead. What do you think?

[Edit: Whoops. Sorry if the first part was supposed to be in one of the other threads; I guess I didn't notice it at the time.]

I want to talk about migration and lords armies so few suggestions:

Migration:
-it would be good if as monarch, you'll be able to migrate your vassals fiefs
-when you become a king and have your capital, at beginning you could choose this town/castle population by menu (without waiting, but only once)
-month for migration is good for towns, but it's quite long for villages
-migration should determine castle guards, town walkers, city guards and units that you can recruit from it
-add migration to castles, as well as recruit from castles
Lords armies:
-dialog option to choose troops that he will train
*you can choose from all standard factions eg. nords, sarranids, necromancers, orcs and unlock more like eg. demons by some quests/actions
*each time you change it, you'll lose relation with that lord by -5 (just like in PoP)
-more pathfinding for lords, especially for Orcs - orcish horde is quite fast even if it consists of hundreds or thousands of them
-option to change map icons of your faction lords to drow, elven, orcish etc.
Lords:
-option to view your lords skills
-option to view and change equipment of your companion-lords
-option to view and change equipment of your lords when you have relations with them above 50 points
-option to give troops to your/allied lords, also for their garrison
-option to marry companion-ladies

So I have 369 hours put into M&B and most of that time is with this mod exclusively. That being said, to be perfectly honest, I think if this mod had diplomacy incorporated into it I would likely not play any other mod for a long time.  The features that diplomacy add are just so good and this mod has such great potential that really I am just not interested in many others.

DeathByRabbit said:
So I have 369 hours put into M&B and most of that time is with this mod exclusively. That being said, to be perfectly honest, I think if this mod had diplomacy incorporated into it I would likely not play any other mod for a long time.  The features that diplomacy add are just so good and this mod has such great potential that really I am just not interested in many others.
Everyone asks for Diplomacy. So someone, frequently Guspav, has to repeat that he tried and it did not go over well so trying to integrate it is on the backburner.

mercav said:
Everyone asks for Diplomacy. So someone, frequently Guspav, has to repeat that he tried and it did not go over well so trying to integrate it is on the backburner.

That's quite a shame. Thank you for the response.

If only it were as simple as copy/pasting coded modules into the right places. :sad:

Are you planning on implementing any sort of religion feature to the mod in the future?  I think it would help out immensely with the roleplay and lore aspects, and it could be used to encourage the factions to attack each other more.

Uh, hi. Can this mod please be uploaded to steam workshop, if possible? I'm having issues with browser downloading, and cannot complete the download after painstaking hours of waiting. It'd be really appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom