Suggestions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Thanks for the suggestions and support guys, I'll think on it all. The one thing I can say that is set in stone however is that I will not be adding MM style combat to the mod. Honestly, it is a result of MMs, in my opinion, horribly disgusting combat system that my entire regiment eventually lost interest in M&B and which inspired me to begin the creation of this mod. I had hoped that NW would improve things instead of making them even worse, but...oh well...and so here I am still! :roll:

I suggest you guys try the current combat system out in more detail before judging it too harshly though. The combat requires skill and avoids rewarding players for looking like ballerinas on crack, which is a good thing trust me! The striking of your teammates as a result of the sideways attacks is a temporary inconvenience as well, and you'll quickly get used to swinging in one of the other 3 directions when you have an ally along. :wink:

In short the system is different, and therefore players will need to adjust to it before they see the benefits, but when they do, they will never want to go back. :shock: This was at least true for all my testers and those who've played it extensively otherwise that I've heard from.

Anyways on a side note, I'm working on something I think everyone will find rather cool right now, but I feel like being an ass and waiting another week before showing anything! :lol: Naw, but it'l be cooler if I wait.

sirwho said:
Thanks for the suggestions and support guys, I'll think on it all. The one thing I can say that is set in stone however is that I will not be adding MM style combat to the mod. Honestly, it is a result of MMs, in my opinion, horribly disgusting combat system that my entire regiment eventually lost interest in M&B and which inspired me to begin the creation of this mod. I had hoped that NW would improve things instead of making them even worse, but...oh well...and so here I am still! :roll:

I suggest you guys try the current combat system out in more detail before judging it too harshly though. The combat requires skill and avoids rewarding players for looking like ballerinas on crack, which is a good thing trust me! The striking of your teammates as a result of the sideways attacks is a temporary inconvenience as well, and you'll quickly get used to swinging in one of the other 3 directions when you have an ally along. :wink:

In short the system is different, and therefore players will need to adjust to it before they see the benefits, but when they do, they will never want to go back. :shock: This was at least true for all my testers and those who've played it extensively otherwise that I've heard from.

Anyways on a side note, I'm working on something I think everyone will find rather cool right now, but I feel like being an ass and waiting another week before showing anything! :lol: Naw, but it'l be cooler if I wait.

Well I hope you will nerf fists -__-

Ej777 said:
Rhudda Ar Clogyn Barfau said:
I am a definite no for 2 way attacks, they are just stupid, 'nuff said

May be stupid in concept, but it's one of the big things that made mods like MM great.

In your opinion, I cant stand it personally, ok, now we have heard what sirdur thinks, his word is law, therefore we should let the attack subject rest and get on with other suggestions.

I am a big fan of the game of Risk. I am actually quite trilled to see this mod, and the campaign is very good to start with. However, the bandits start out with an advantage as they can get close and the swords and shields will prove to be better than muskets; especially in the beginning. To really incorporate the Risk (get it?), see about having a commander-type battle between more than two teams and also have a set amount of money used to spend on troops (either individual and/or regiments) and command armies on the field (multi-player). Just an opinion I thought of when I first played it. I do like it that you kept the Calradia map, which I do enjoy. Also, see if a diplomacy add-on can be done. I noticed it kept the Native Warband style of diplomacy and speech.
Even if I do like the MM style of melee, I will not complain further on the melee system of Conquest. Some of the musket and rifles need a little bit of work, but I'm sure that I can make do with what we have for now.
Overall, I have to say that is mod is definitely on a good track. With enough work and people to help along with that work, this could be one of the top mods out for Warband. I hope to see more people on the mod and also see some events in the future. My rating: 4.5 out of 5

Suggestions after a mind gnawing 1 hour long session of game play.

-Slow down muskets, their faster than most swords and EXTREEEMELY spammable.
-Same with Rifles
-Slow down the free Light Cavalry horse a bit, speed up the heavy a bit.
-Speed up the Heavy Cav sword VERY slightly, but reduce reach.

- Increase the accuracy of the Accurate Rifle
- Decrease the accuracy of the Melee Rifle
- Increase the accuracy of the Accurate Musket
- Decrease the accuracy of the best pistol

And everything Wind said ^^

Back
Top Bottom