SUGGESTIONS

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The rest penalty does slow gamplay down a lot. Especiallyh chasing bnadits for days on end becomes an unviable option. Food dwindles faster money comes in more slowly. Enemy parties do not suffer these drawbacks. Also resting takes long to take effect as for each point of penalty lost because of rest your recent events goes down by the same number. It may be realistic but it is also a killjoy, I can see why people want this to be optional. By gaining some priests and Camp women morale might improve as it did in the previous version. The points of morale due to leadership are probaly factored in in the penalty for partysize, or so it seems.

All in all I like the new morale system, it reallyh gives a feel for armyh exhaustion and recoverey time. Some tips:
Win battles when your recent events are negative. (eg after resting or dropping off men)
Buy new foods when your recent events are positive.  (eg after recruiting some men)
Always do things that push the recent events to Zero faster and your morale will be steadier.

It seems that the max army size is influenced by the companions you keep (about 1 extra guy per leadership on the companion.)

Yeah i don't mind the morale changes now i know to keep party size in check, tho i do hope it wont stop us from having large armies (400+).

When you get knocked out the order is given for your men to charge. Only problem is they don't actually charge and get slain with ease. (Cavalry just stand there watching everyone die then continue to stand there while they are mown down). My suggestion is give the order to charge 3 times. In combat i have to keep pressing 'charge' so everyone will. (Especially cavalry) God i hate cavalry, ai is just so bad at it  :evil:

Yeah it's almost unplayable for me now. Cavalry never do what there told, if i fall in battle before the big charge, everyone dies because they don't charge at all. Cavlary will never engage unless i press charge 5+ times and get lucky. They seem to only fight when the enemy are running away.
Companions are all a pain in the ass, always complaining about each other, i want a hang option thx. And the arena is screwed, people always teaming up against me.. Grumble grumble.

Tchan said:
And the arena is screwed, people always teaming up against me.. Grumble grumble.

Yeah i noticed that too, since damage is greater now, when you got 5 guys running against you in the arena, you kill one, two if you're lucky then run  :???: then die  :mrgreen:

Maybe lowering a bit global weapon damages in tournaments only would help the fun here...

Damage was fine before why has it been changed?? Heavy armour is ****e. I sacked all my cavalry, because there abysmal, they never attack. And the tournament is better but still broken, we all spawn with 2h axes on horses(i dld the hotfix), my whole team is dead in a few seconds, blablabla im going back to 1.3, this new patch has broken the game for me :sad:

Feature suggested :
An idea proposed on another mod (1257), so i'm quoting another guy on this but i think it could really add something fun in the mod, with some (lot) work of course  :eek:

Joker86 said:
An idea I stole from the 1257a.d. suggestions-thread:

Enable the player to fight as a common soldier for a lord. You travel with his party as if you were captured, and whenever he starts a fight you spawn as an allie on the battlefield.

Would be great if you would somehow get even the proper equipment. I mean: during tournaments and similar occasions you spawn with other equipment than in your inventory, so basically it's possible.

The higher you level, the better the troop is you are hired as. So hiring with lvl 10 at a Nord's party you can either choose to fight as meele (Raider) or ranged (Hunter), on lvl 30 you can fight as Skald, Huscarl, Berserker or Thane. Each time with the proper euqipment.

By clicking on the world map or pressing "space" while travelling with your lord you get to a menu, where you can ask for promotions (but I think you shouldn't be able to change your "class"), and you should be able to desert.

You like it?  :mrgreen:

I have to agree with most of what has been said in this thread. I don't mind the idea of having to rest for morale but in practice it is tedious. That I could bear with IF the AI was subjected to it as well. When I have to rest while my prey, or Marshall, goes running off no problem I get quite upset. With no option to toggle this new system on/off this is game breaking for me.

The armor penalties do need adjustment as well. If I am going to take a stat hit for wearing it, then it should give me alot of protection. I guess the changes were made so that heavy armor would be a choice, not something everyone wears on every character they make and that is great. They way it is implemented takes that choice away by making use of heavy armor a detriment.

I really like the content updates, but they gameplay updates are too high a price to pay for them. I will be playing the 1.3 version as well for now but hope some of these things can be optional in future updates.

Yeah if you could have an option to have ver 1.3 with the added content and no gameplay changes that would be great :smile: Or at the least, damage and armour stats the same as 1.3.

also, I liked the betting system for tourneys in 1.3, how high they went and all that, and while the arguments against the high bets are gameplay-related, this is the beginning of the time from which we get stories of kings betting kingdoms on stuff, basically giving huge sums or loads of stuff or a title of nobility to winners of tournaments or silly contests(think Bros. Grimm stories(I know later period but still)), i'm thinking le chanson de Roland here(closer to period); my point being that gambling was big back then, and we have now professional gamblers, back then everyone(i.e. people with money) was a gambler so bring the massive bets back

The discussion about the armor penalty and the desire to promote light infantry hit-and-run tactics in the mod has got me thinking about something.

One of the things I have always detested about this game, is the way that it is generally not possible to retreat from combat. If my parties movement is faster than the enemy in the first place, and I can get my troops to the edge of the battlefield and hit the Tab key, I should have "Retreat" as an option not just "Charge" or "Surrender" and in the case of Brytenwalda "Assess Nearby Forces."

I would suggest, if the desire is to promote light-infantry hit-and-run tactics, include the ability for a Retreat providing that the leader of the party and/or enough troops are sufficiently distant from enemies and the parties speed is faster than the enemy party.

This is one of the things that makes Mount and Blade tedious and unrealistic. You cannot move in to check out the enemy and then decide to pull-back, you are committed to a never-ending (and retardedly gamey) cycle of party morale hits and the option to charge or surrender.

Since I'm ranting a bit, an unrelated point but which is also a tedious, gamey "handicap the human" dynamic in the game that spoils the sense of role playing and creates an arcade feeling of "you must destroy all the space invaders to pass this level . . ." : Arena and Tournament.

The fact that it is quite obvious that the AI is programmed to chase the human specifically in the human almost makes one want to stop playing it. They individual fighters don't actually try to win, they just run around smacking each other and at some point, decide to tacitly agree to a truce and focus on beating down the human no matter what. Then they stand there and grin at each other. Largely the same thing with the Tournament: no tactics, no real attempts to win just pell-mell melee and mindlessness (vis a vis charging into the walls, etc.).

I see that you guys have really dont wonders with the AI in the tactical battles, and so I figure mentioning how these aspects of the game are so defiicient (across the board in _all_ versions of MnB) might give you some ideas for how Brytenwalda could be made an even more amazing mod by focusing some of your magic on those parts too.

From my standpoint, it seems like so many things could be done to make the Arena and Tournaments better. I'll leave it at that for now.

I would love to see weapon damage/speed returned to the way it was in 1.3 or at least have an option to do so.

Fell in love with this mod during 1.3 because the unique combat system made it feel like a whole new game. It was fun having to aim my strikes at a heavy infantry's head because normal body slashes were only doing 1 dmg to them. 

Now with the combat system leaning a lot  closer to native much of that uniqueness that attracted me to this mod is lost as far as the battles go.

Btw papa lazarou's combat animation enhancement mod works great with this mod, def give it a try if you haven't done so yet.

Not sure this is the place for it, but a lot of the new swords don't have an empty scabbard when they're in your hand. It just annoys me. Also, some swords (spatha, celtic sword I've noticed so far) don't look the same when sheathed on your belt as in your hand. The empty-scabbard issue is true of some knives as well, like the various seaxs.

Just posted here agreeing that arena's and tournies remain weak.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,145027.0.html

I agree the arena and tournaments remain a weak point in the mod. No matter how much renown and money I can win on a tournament, they remain so unfun, I just cannot bring myelf to endure them. This is not so much Brytenwalda, as it is MnB in general, and then the fact that the rest of Brytenwalda is so good that the lousy default tournament dynamic just glares to badly. Combine that with the weird weapons things you note (arrow but no bow; no weapons at all; 2h ax on horseback NPCs fight with fists) . . .

My suggestions:
1. Remove _all_ horses from tournaments.
2. Remove all lances from tournaments.
3. Bows in tournaments: spawn only when there are at least 2 other team mates who have melee weapons.
4. Fix arenas problem spawns with no weapons, and arrows without bows

That would fix the most basic problems. Additional steps could be
5. Look at the tournie system in Europe 1200 for ideas.
6. Allow arena betting
7. Include more options in arena (weapons options; number of opponents; etc.)

about the tournaments, check how they did it in the mod: innovative...its basicly just a vanilla mod but i kinda like the tournaments, since they are fun and quiet balanced, and there are no weird bugs or stuff...

if your looking at interesting tournaments, look at Knights the last battle mod as it has you fight with your own stuff except for the classic arena tunic

Return the damage levels to 1.3

I'm playing tournaments and the dagger seems to be one of the best weapons.  It takes two hits to kill with just about every weapon, including great axes if you miss the sweet spot or have any negative speed modifier.  With the dagger's speed you get in close and kill everyone, likewise two guys with knives cut you down regardless of your gear.  It is realistic for two knife wielders to kill one guy but when that guy has a sword and shield they shouldn't even get close to him.  The older system was more fun.

Adorno said:
Have you tried 1.32? Weapon damage is edited.

- Weapon damage update to numbers more near to 1.3 version.

I'm playing 1.32 and seeing no real changes to damage.  This is mainly in the tournaments though.  Was armor changed or were the weapons changed?

Adorno said:
Have you tried 1.32? Weapon damage is edited.

- Weapon damage update to numbers more near to 1.3 version.

The invisible weapons are very lethal, I often get the sh-t kicked out of me in tournaments. I would not mind that so much if I knew what they hit me with. They are very fast too. I dont like too bee knocked out by a fist with two punches. Makes mee feel weak... :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom