Suggestions / Feedback

Users who are viewing this thread

Rigadoon said:
Standardize the armors maybe? You have NW style bodies(torso only), NW style boots(waist down), Native style bodies(torso and thighs), Native style boots(calves and feet), and then some bodies that include torso, thighs and calves. This results in lots of combinations that don't work together. Since people don't seem to bother choosing the right ones, I'd suggest picking one and sticking with it.
Where's the fun in that?

Ashoren said:
1. No Trolling,Griefing,Cheating,Glitching,Exploiting at all under and circumstances. --This would be defined and more specific.

2. All Factions may attack Natives and Outlaws if they have a weapon on their person. (Pickaxes and woodcutting axes do not count as weapons.) --this would change

3. Natives and Outlaws may attack all factions if they have a weapon on their person. (Pickaxes and woodcutting axes do not count as weapons.) --this would change

4. Immigrants, Colonists and Soldiers require a valid reason to attack other Immigrants, Colonists and Soldiers.

5. If you are demanding gold or items from another player, you must give them a reasonable amount of time to respond.

6. If you are demanding gold or items from another player, you may not attack them if they do not have what you are demanding.

7. NLR - You may not use information that does not have to do with your current life against another player.

8. In war, you may not attack an unarmed person. --slight change, If they run back to the body, or in the enemy factions fort, they could be considered KOS.

9. You require a valid reason to hire an assassin against another player.

10. In a raid, you may not attack an unarmed person

11. No racism / respect others.<---NEW RULE, I personally think that there should be a rule in place.

**Wars need to be defined and players must be in the fort for a set ammount of time instead of everyone everywhere and constant chaos

**droping weapons, If a player is fighting and drop a weapon to avoid death, then it would be up to the defender / aggressor to decide if they are still a threat. On the other hand, if the player is not fighting, and drop a weapon to prove that they are not a threat then they should be treated as such.

---Greifing / Trolling---

greifing would be considered waiting at a highwaymen outpost and killing someone as soon as they join the faction and pick up a weapon / spawncamping. (as an example)

There is a poll weather to treat the native factions as soldier factions, therefore making natives have to war with another faction in order to kill them, I think this is a first step in the right direction. I also think that there should be more roleplay involved but we can't force people to roleplay. IE: highwaymen not being able to KOS anyone with a weapon. If highwaymen are not allowed to attack anyone with a weapon, I think the highwaymen would go back to robbing people of gold (what highwaymen do best) instead of just killing people outright. Ofcourse, if they refuse to pay up, they could then kill the person.

Numbers 2 & 3 would change to colonist rules, A valid RP reason to attack others. And must be at war. (you could roleplay, something along the lines of a soldier faction coming into a native settlement and occupying it, the natives could roleplay saying that the soldiers are taking land and henceforth declare war.

Another revision would be to do as the EU server has and make highwaymen KOS regardless of weapons. But this doesn't really solve anything, just more senseless killing.

Overall we have a good rule template, I believe we just need a few more revisions. Although this wont fix ALL the problems, But it could be a start.

Another Addition / change to the rules could be the Unarmed rule. with that, I would consider unarmed to have the weapons holstered. IE: not being able to kill people with a rifle on their back. But being able to kill them if they have it readied to shoot.

another change: Highwaymen would not be allowed to kill each other. Seeing as they do not have a faction leader to get rid of the trouble makers. This is just an idea, but it would prevent some greifing.

DEFINED WARZONES, enemy players in this warzone will be KOS

One big change we could do is make the whole commoner town a neutral zone (no killing unless an assassination contract). the zone would reach from bridge to bridge. This would allow the workers to venture out and gather then have a safehaven to return too.  It could also be a huge roleplay advantage, you could have events where natives are allowed to raid the city and the commoners could ask the soldier factions to help defend, or even have the commoners band together and hold the wooden door and the bridge.

Also have a defined amount of gold that can be taxed / robbed from other players.

Bring back global chat, so faction leaders can **Send note / letter to other factions. Right now, nobody can communicate asside from whisper, if a faction leader gets close, they get killed on sight.

Please let me know what you think.

Too many rules? How can you cripple a colonist army if not by killing "unarmed" workers? It's they're own fault if they dont protect workers.
The rules make it very PWish.

Cavalry and Animations:
Adding more Cavalry specific Swords and Clothing. Possibly adding some more of the animations from the Conquest mod, seeing as those animations were some of best I have seen to date on Mount&Blade Warband.

War in Game:

The Problem:
At the moment it seems as though factions can just keep going on and on fighting. Most noticeably the natives since they seem to have an almost endless supply of free weapons, so for example, even if you attack their camp, they will just continue to spawn and grab their free weapons and eventually push you back out.

A Possible Solution:
A way to fix the problem is to change the spawn point of the faction from inside the fort/camp to another location, (if possible though scripts, only when enemies are near the fort). So they have to at least run back for some minutes and they would have the possibility to just abandon the fight if they wanted to. This would solve spawn killing in the camp, (I am aware spawn killing would be able to done outside then, but that would be a direct violation of the rules, unlike shooting an indian that is in his camp where admins can't really moderate very much.) and allow a faction to finish the war in Victory.

Addition to the Solution:
Adding to that idea a function of winning the war without taking the camp would also be nice seeing as most leaders would rather quit the game then accept a peace or talk terms. I hate spawn killing people but how is one supposed to win the war if they just keep coming back and keep fighting, and once they push us back... they attack us at our camp... it seems like a endless back and forth with no real victors. At the moment the only way to win seems to mean spawn killing the enemy till they rage quit and being a jack ass to the enemy till their are hardly any of them left.

As much as I am sure that sounds fun for both sides, I would like if winning a war did not mean to be an ass to your enemy till they rage quit...

So guys you have to do something about spawn points or spawn times  to avoid this mess.And please make natives can use bows on horse.(they were good horse archers)

I really like this mod so far.  I hope to see it continue on.  As for suggestions, a sapper/engineer/builder would be a great addition.  The map is kind of open and having a class that could add some defenses would be nice.  Adding some sandbags or barricades would be a nice add on to add to the defense of settlements.  Instead of having build points, you could use trees or planks that are processed by the workers.  It would be interesting to see how it would work.

As said before, boats would be nice.  Cannons would also be fun.

Melee mode for rifles is too fast.

Forts are suppose to control a vast area with important resources. That's one thing I noticed about PF and PW too- there really isn't a lot of strategic placement of fortifications. I'm sure if you added secondary 'cappable' points in vital areas, it would alleviate the "castle worz" syndrome and create a real reason for war. Which is usually always a squabble over resources.

It may be far too radical, but it might help things if the cost of ammo was raised and players no longer dropped it upon dying. That way while people could still scavenge for muskets the battlefield would no longer supply everyone with an endless amount of equipment. It would encourage people to actually acquire weapons back at a fort, and give people a reason to have money. As it stands now ammo is rather cheap and almost an afterthought, certainly not a strategic resource. What do you guys think?

Dr Funk said:
It may be far too radical, but it might help things if the cost of ammo was raised and players no longer dropped it upon dying. That way while people could still scavenge for muskets the battlefield would no longer supply everyone with an endless amount of equipment. It would encourage people to actually acquire weapons back at a fort, and give people a reason to have money. As it stands now ammo is rather cheap and almost an afterthought, certainly not a strategic resource. What do you guys think?

I like that idea, but another solution could be that ammo has to be crafted/have the cost raised, just like guns.  That would make it more valuable/ less disposable.

THe new update to the mod that made guns so expensive is really silly. I suggest lowering it back down to something affordable. It's annoying to try and arm a militia when you can't afford guns. When you're at war, it's even worse.

mR_dIlLeNgeR said:
Dr Funk said:

I like that idea, but another solution could be that ammo has to be crafted/have the cost raised, just like guns.  That would make it more valuable/ less disposable.

Well, I think that raising the cost would help, but only if ammo was no longer dropped, because otherwise it would only further increase the incentive for soldiers to rush to the battlefield after spawning to loot. But I agree it may help a lot to have ammo be another crafted item. The only question is how would you go about crafting it, raid caves for bat guano?

Here's a good idea that is popular with Napoleonic servers: You're only allowed to carry one firearm (gun).  Kind of defeats the purpose of a powerful weapon when you basically have a 3-shot semi. Or make it you can have one rifle and one pistol.

Unfortunately the mod makers could not change the code for above suggestion I believe? And it would be impossible to enforce such a rule relating to your suggestion.

warhamer said:
Unfortunately the mod makers could not change the code for above suggestion I believe? And it would be impossible to enforce such a rule relating to your suggestion.

If that was to me, then you're correct by saying there is no such code, but the nap. servers enforce the rule with the same about of traffic of people, sometimes more. So it'd very well could be enforced.

Also, I think there should be a petition against the new rule. Indians and bandits should be able to kill on sight, it was a lot more fun that way.

More money sinks.

Let players create barricades and spikes.

Outlaws able to capture mini-forts (Like ones in dense forest).

Boats?

Little mini-forts around resource areas like the mines and lumber camps would make it very fun. Colonists would actually have to defend their workers and resources

I'm not sure if it is possible or not, but adding the customizable uniforms from the Conquest mod for all factions and allow them to change colors depending on the faction color would be a great addition.  It's hard to uniform factions when there are so many different options.

I'd like to suggest making players speed slower when they are reloading pistols. As it is they can just run around at normal speed when reloading and kite, and it would be nice if speed was reduced when aiming as well, it looks a little wonky when soldiers are running around with their muskets completely outstretched,

Back
Top Bottom