Suggestions and Critique

Users who are viewing this thread

Prince_Eugen said:
When will be present next version?
And will be diplomacy mod in E1200?

Just go into a thread called "FAQ".

No offense, but seriously, you get a little burned out after months of people asking the same damn things instead of looking into a thread called Frequently Asked Questions. One wonders if anyone really reads the FAQ's anymore...

Cèsar de Quart said:
Prince_Eugen said:
When will be present next version?
And will be diplomacy mod in E1200?

Just go into a thread called "FAQ".

No offense, but seriously, you get a little burned out after months of people asking the same damn things instead of looking into a thread called Frequently Asked Questions. One wonders if anyone really reads the FAQ's anymore...

Maybe we should rename the FAQ thread to something more eye-catching.  Like:

"FAQ - THAT STANDS FOR FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS - LEARN ABOUT THE MOD HERE - SERIOUSLY - THIS IS THE PLACE TO GET YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED - DON'T POST THEM IN THE OTHER THREADS!!!!"

Nah, they would still manage to miss that.  :roll:

A thought I had, but haven't had a chance to test:  Feast Crashing.  Any time there is a feast, the player gets notified, even when it's a feast being held by an enemy faction.  Is it currently possible to sneak into the city/castle where the feast is being held (like any enemy city/castle) then go to the castle thereby 'crashing' the enemy feast?  It seems like this should be made impossible what with all the extra security due to all the lords gathering together.  Again, I haven't had a chance to test this yet...  (or maybe include a Guy Fawkes helm that enables you to sabotage the feast? :lol:

Cèsar de Quart said:
bratfisch said:
I'd also like to make some "stylized" mountains. I am not going to model e.g. the alps after real world, sorry folks.

Great job! I hope the size of this map matches ours.

Instead of lonely mountains, the best thing would be to model mountain ranges. For example, in the western Pyrenees, you could model this:

pirineus.png

I have made "mountain maps" of the areas we're covering. It's somehow important to follow the Alpine gaps because there are settlements in there, villages and castles. Tyrol, for example, is at the heart of the Alps, inside a valley, we cannot place it on a mountain...

Speeking of mountains (this question/sugestion is probably for Cruger), woldent it be possible to make some sort of restrictions in mountain areas during battles like the defenders getts some sort of bonus or the attacker getts some kind of penalty. I do not know how the AI simulates battles but what if the attacker only where alowed to use half the amount of units as the defender can use, what I meen is setting some kind of restriction of how many units can be used(kinda like in naval battles) but this time for sett out mountanus areas.

EX: Aragon are at war with Navarre Aragon(aragon party is 150 units) folows a Navarre(navarre party consists of 90 units) party and catches up with it in a mountanus area now the defender in the battle getts to use letts say 80 units and the attacker getts to use 50 eatch attack wave untill one side has no units left. (Same idea wold go for a sige of a castel or town in a mountainus area)

Cool if possible and wold offer some ballance with Weeker factions like Navarre who have a tactical advantage in terain but lacks numbers.

I don't know if anyone saw this the first time, since the post got buried under a non-related discussion, so I'm bringing it back here:

Count DeMonet said:
A couple of thoughts I had after having played around with the noble tournament system - All the numbers are from the Iberian Circuit, the other circuits may have different numbers: 

When you win a tournament, you (and your teammates) get $16,000 and gain prestige, while losing costs you (and your teammates) $11,000 and prestige.  This means that there is $128,000 in prize money paid and $616,000 collected from the 7 losing, leaving $488,000 (79%) unaccounted for in each tournament.  The amount you lose is the same whether you are eliminated in the first round or the final.  A team that wins 2 matches and only loses one faces the same penalty as a team that wins nothing.  I would like to see the following:  Have each team member pay in $11,000 at the start of the tournament making a pot of 704000.  Hold 18% for the house whose team wins and 18% for the lord of the host city.  This leaves $450,000 for prize money.  Teams that lose in the first round (4 teams) get nothing back and lose prestige.  Teams that lose in the second round (2 teams) win $6,000 each with no or small loss of prestige.  The team that loses in the third round (the runner-up) could win $17,000 and gain little to no prestige, and the winning team would win $28,000

(note that all winnings are after paying in 11,000, so winning 28,000 is a net win of 17,000)

Also: All of the other team members wear team armor, but not the player.  I would like to see a situation much like what happened in the original M&B mod where when you join a faction you get a set of armor from that faction.  This could be offset by requiring a buy-in of several thousand in order to join the team.  This was a sport for the wealthy after all...

Hello, do you think spearmens could use their swords too (as a sidearm) ??
I mean, they wield their spear first and fight with until it brokes, after that they fight normally with their sidearms (sword, dagger ...etc).

I think that would be awesome, but then weapon prices would need to be reduced, I'm not going to spend 2000 gold on a spear to see it break.

Frisicus said:
I really like this armor:

scalearmourandalusian.jpg

Are their any plans to make a somewhat longer/short sleeved version of it, or one with fish-scales?

Such might fit exactly with the high tier footmen of the Frisians and perhaps other footmen troops of the low countries. Here are some examples:

2cxu8lc.png
Footman from the Low Countries 1250 AD (from Osprey: Medieval German Armies 1000-1300)
Scale armor is here more like a scale cuirass, covering the upper arms and chest to the thighs.

11m81p2.jpg
Frisian seal from 1324; showing the maiden Maria holding the child Jesus guarded by two Frisian (high shaven hairdress) guards in scale coat armor.
The scale coat is here covering the body from the chest to over the knees. About weird weaponry: the one on the right is holding the cletsia spear.

dgpajc.jpg
Frisian campfighters; an early 13th century painting on the inside walls of the church of Westerwijtwerd (NL).
These two warriors wear besides a scale coat also some kind of arm and foot armor made of scales or mail.

afiyhd.png
Hanging of Christ on the cross, the men hanging beside him wear contemporary armor of the time it is made. One in mail and one in short sleeved scale armor (from Osprey: Medieval German Armies 1000-1300).

(Yeah, I know I'm begging.. :mrgreen:)

My first attempt retexturing existing native armors:

4qk5rt.png

Foot soldier of the Low Countries (Source: Osprey)

t7mm48.png

Frisian loricatus (source: historical depictions/grafitti of the 13th century)

I'm currently busy to make a leather scale armor over a woolen tunic/gambeson. It should be comparable in stats to the ingame padded leather and more for the lower to medium rank infantry units and modal to higher level archers.

Sayd Ûthman said:
Hello, do you think spearmens could use their swords too (as a sidearm) ??
I mean, they wield their spear first and fight with until it brokes, after that they fight normally with their sidearms (sword, dagger ...etc).

What do you think about that ??

It's not possible, there is no such thing as a flag that guarantee a unit both a sword and spear at the same time. I could code a trigger in the mission_templates, but it doesn't seem worth the effort.

Yes,i know there is no way to guarantee them. but in my case, when i use this, only 2/10 Spearmens don't have a spear (we could pretend that they have broke their spears in past fight).

Back
Top Bottom