MP Sci-Fi Star Wars: BF II - new team, new thread

What item/troop would you like to see in Bear: Force unleashed?

• IG-100 MagnaGuard (already in/no need to vote)

Votes: 45 4.8%
  • Wookie

Votes: 202 21.5%
  • Bounty Hunter (for example: Mandalorian)

Votes: 247 26.3%
  • Droideka

Votes: 204 21.7%
  • Speeder Bike

Votes: 151 16.1%
  • Weird crocodile like thing you wear on the back to prevent forces to be used near you

Votes: 89 9.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Highlander said:
Turanien said:
Very nice Highlander.

If you want any maps making again, I am sure that myself and Davee shall find time to make some for you, as we did with the 1866 mod.  :smile:
Yes of course!
The maps of you two for 1866 are outstanding. Hope you can do anything star wars like with the native props, because at the moment I don't have any custom props.

Thank you.  :smile:

I do not wish to speak for Davee but on my part, I would appreciate some knowledge of how the mod plays out so that the maps can be given proper consideration. Is there a lot of ranged (ala 1866, maps had to have plenty of cover) or is it melee based?

Kazzan said:
I could always try aswell, but what kinds of maps are you going for? Open ones or ones with heavy cover all over the place?

Nothing wrong with a bit of both, I'd say, speaking as a player. In one map, even. :smile:

Turanien said:
I do not wish to speak for Davee but on my part, I would appreciate some knowledge of how the mod plays out so that the maps can be given proper consideration. Is there a lot of ranged (ala 1866, maps had to have plenty of cover) or is it melee based?

I reckon it's sort of similar to 1866 since there's always a lot of clones and droids running around with blasters. However, you also have the jedi who always want to get into melee range ASAP, so that changes the dynamic some. And don't forget that jetpack and force jump users can cover huge distances very quickly (jetpackers even vertically) and strike unexpectedly. So gameplay is quite a mixed bag.

Turanien said:
Thank you.  :smile:

You are welcome to take part when we play next time, to get a better idea.
OkiN summed it up well, but I'd evaluate the difference to 1866 gameplay a bit larger. It's much faster and the number of melee troops is of course much greater. Also while making a map, you have to keep in mind that jetpack troopers can get to places you wouldn't expect players to get to. So you might need to place some more barriers.

Kazzan - as okiN said, both is okay and having both is probably good for gameplay variation.

Edit:
Aleczacool said:
Choosing spawn points, perhaps adding bonus weapon purchase points, and probably some stationary weapons would be a cool addition. :smile:
Sounds cool, though conquest wasn't been very popular in the past, but I always liked it.

Yeah, like I said, jetpacks and jedi change it up a lot. Having a lightsaber against enemies with zero melee capability tends to ratchet up your aggression meter, and if you also happen to have the ability to jump a distance of 30m in one go, or even teleport... well. It can get pretty hectic. :lol:

Yeah, I think if the map is too closed off, then the jedi might turn it into a nightmare for everyone unfortunate enough to be carrying a blaster. Some openness thrown into even urban environments in the form of, say, plazas and boulevards could be a good idea.

Using force jump for that kind of urban exploration is already really hard to do. You can use it to clear obstacles and low walls, but mostly it's just an approach tool; even on a full-length jump I don't think your feet will go higher than 3m off the ground. Jetpacks are the real Death From Above.

However, if there are points close enough to aim at, a teleporter might be able to get quite high, assuming he had the time and patience to wait for his force meter to recharge. I don't know how that works yet, it changed after the last beta.

Is there any implementation of "force speed" planned? In MBII it increases the movement speed of a jedi alot while forcing him to turn off his saber while it lasts. Using it costs force points but can be freely turned on/off.

Furthermore, can we make our own jedi/sith build with spending "skillpoints" in certain force categories or are we bound to preset classes, with for example one jedi/sith "class" focussing on saber combat and the other on force push/pull?

Edit:
Maybe one way to make gunners vs. jedi/sith more fairly is to remove the auto-stagger for ranged weapon that Native features. As it is now I guess a jedi can just walk close to a firing gunner with block up, wait for the stagger to kick in and slice him up. Instead of the autostagger there could be a quick manual melee move for the jedi that while stunning the gunner when connecting, creates an opening in the saberist's defense as well.

IMO having force speed stop you from attacking would make it kind of pointless, since like I said unlike in the JK games, force jump here is about quick approach rather than high jumping. It's more like the Guardian's jump attack from KOTOR, really, so that niche of crossing ground quickly and/or getting close while avoiding blaster fire is already filled. Force speed might be interesting if it gave you a boost to attack rate, but I don't know if that's possible.

As for power selection, in the beta there was support for random class distribution on spawn as well as buying gear/powers for your chosen class, differing by game mode. Only Highlander knows how it will all end up, though.

Turning off your saber already gives you a significant speed boost, but an advanced 'force speed' is currently not planned.
Spending skill points on forces isn't likely to happen either. This is not cRPG and it'd make things pretty complicated.
However, you are able to freely select and buy force powers (there's one game mode with random classes and forces, but I'm talking about the standard modes).

Also, without the melee stunning effect advantage on ranged troops jedis would probably have big problems against gunners in melee. We are adding sidearms for gunners to be able to fight in melee when they have to, but with a gun in your hand, yeah, you shouldn't have a great chance against jedis in melee.

Two questions:
Will you be able to "use" objects from a distance using Force. e.g.(opening doors from afar)?
Will you include single player in final version?

And also about the LAAT gunship:
You can still use it in the inventory as a horse.

ThaneWulfgharn said:
Two questions:
Will you be able to "use" objects from a distance using Force. e.g.(opening doors from afar)?
It wouldn't be impossible to do something like that, but I haven't found a use for that yet. I mean opening doors? How's that needed?
ThaneWulfgharn said:
Will you include single player in final version?
No.
ThaneWulfgharn said:
And also about the LAAT gunship:
You can still use it in the inventory as a horse.
Like... horse sized gunships that rear when you gallop against a tree?
Gunships would no doubt be dynamic scene props that can be controlled in a way I'll decide when I have a model of it.

GetAssista said:
Highlander said:
It wouldn't be impossible to do something like that, but I haven't found a use for that yet. I mean opening doors? How's that needed?
Force-lift an entire castle and drop it on the group of clones!!!1111  :eek:
It would be pretty cool.  If only Havok worked in MP.  Then we could have Thermal Detonators bouncing off of walls, too. 

Highlander said:
If you make a spaceship map,where people fight one-another within the ship,opening doors from afar is much safer,or if you make a map with houses,bunkers and want to see wether anyone is hiding.
Highlander said:
Ok

Highlander said:
Like... horse sized gunships that rear when you gallop against a tree?
Gunships would no doubt be dynamic scene props that can be controlled in a way I'll decide when I have a model of it.

No,no,no.If you set the gunship,the scene prop will spawn near you.It musn't be impossible to script.

Back
Top Bottom