Some Cool Features of the MOD a brief help guide (unofficial)

Users who are viewing this thread

LibSpit said:
ah ok, I definately think they need to suck more :razz:

although saying that an expensive elite level swadian foot knight would be kind of funky....
Their armor is fairly decent as far as I know.

Hi, I just want to ask one simple question.

Currently, my character is a Zerrikanian vassal whom held 6 cities, 4 castles and a number of villages. My question is, how can I break my character's oath to Zerrikanian Sultanate so I can start ruling a sovereign kingdom of my own? Is it the same with vanilla warband, pledge yourself to an ursurper and betray his/her cause and gain the fiefs?

Thanks

I don't really know, I never play as a vassal in SoD. The way I usually break away in other mods, is conquer a town or castle, ask to be given it, and then when it comes to one where I am refused, I kick off and choose to start my own kingdom.

LibSpit said:
I don't really know, I never play as a vassal in SoD. The way I usually break away in other mods, is conquer a town or castle, ask to be given it, and then when it comes to one where I am refused, I kick off and choose to start my own kingdom.

I thought that started a revolution like when you help the false heirs but with you at the head. Have revolutions been improved at all in SoD? They can be really buggy in vanilla. I know I did one in Fire and Sword and it never concluded even though I had all the cities it never actually made the false heir king.

I though this mod didn't allow you to break away if playing as a vassal, no matter a refusal of a fief conquered by the player, I thought now, might be wrong. It is the reason I never join a faction in the mod, mistaken notion or not.

You can break away but you need to stay in the vicinity of the fief you just conquered or you wont get the option. I dont personaly bother being a vassal either as fief are undergarrisoned quite often.

I wanted to know if you garrison troops in your castles ad towns could you also do it for your villages so that when enemy lords come to loot the villages they would have to get through the garrison of troops there? Well actually I could answer that if you garrison  a ton of troops in a castle or or Town your enemies won't bother to attack them  since the less enemy troops there are the less likely chance they could attack your villiages/castles/towns. I think I made sense.

I do not believe that it is an available feature for you to directly send troops to a village, but what you could do is create a regiment to patrol around the village outskirts, which I guess is rather pointless since you won't get a warning if the regiment gets attacked, but if you supply the regiment with a large number of units I bet they could take on the world and its sister.

Perhaps this feature will become available with the introduction of mercenary's? It would be very helpful to supply a village with a militia capable of repelling the Lord's attack, it gets really irritating when i'm doing ANYTHING worth-while, one of my villages becomes under attack. I'm sure i'm not the only one with this problem.

I think i remember a a conversation about the possibility of garrisoning troops in villages. Until then you can produce regiments and patrols to watch over your lands.

I remember some glitch in which a Nordic village could garrison troops, so the dirty Nordic vassals and Ragnar all went there to hide, and since I couldn't siege it, it took a while to smoke out the dirty bastards with fellow lords.

I've put a good amount of hours into the game, enjoyed most of its features, but for some reason, I have never encountered In Battle Dueling. Has this feature been removed since the FAQ was written, or is there some prerequisite to In Battle Dueling? Or am I just unlucky?

Diaphantos1 said:
I've put a good amount of hours into the game, enjoyed most of its features, but for some reason, I have never encountered In Battle Dueling. Has this feature been removed since the FAQ was written, or is there some prerequisite to In Battle Dueling? Or am I just unlucky?
In the beginning you should be able to in-battle duel once a day; when you 1 on 1 duel outside of battle this will increase the times you can in-battle duel per in-game day. Make sure you check your options to make sure you haven't disabled dueling.

Ah so thats how it works, it kept popping up even against bandits because i use dueling to maintain relations with lords who have bad personalities.

hellion13 said:
Hi, I just want to ask one simple question.

Currently, my character is a Zerrikanian vassal whom held 6 cities, 4 castles and a number of villages. My question is, how can I break my character's oath to Zerrikanian Sultanate so I can start ruling a sovereign kingdom of my own? Is it the same with vanilla warband, pledge yourself to an ursurper and betray his/her cause and gain the fiefs?

Thanks

There's no real need to become a vassal really, you start out with a small army, in a land full of wars, just ride around and wait for a siege somewhere, when the place is conquered and the armies leave the fortress/town has a weak garrison that you can take on, especially if you supplement your starting army with mercs

Back
Top Bottom