SoD V5.0 Beta 1 Bug List

Users who are viewing this thread

(1) Messages stop appearing.  This includes combat messages (damage done, number of units killed, echoing of orders given) and sometimes even world map messages.  This happened occassionally in vanilla M&B, but has become a regular problem in SoD; it seems to get worse as I get further into the game.

(2) While conducting a siege (and building a siege weapon), some pig mercenaries came up and said "Your money or your life" (or similar).  I told them to shove it and then:  nothing.  No battle, I just went on with the siege.  Then ten seconds later, they asked for money again.  Evnetually, I broke out the siege to attack them and get rid of them, which immediately lowered my rep with the associated mercenary guild.  Very strange, and has only happened that one time.

(3) I've noticed that in big battles, I can kill/injure 100 enemy, but the number I'm facing may only drop by 70 before the next mini-battle?

Hi, i hope to do not a dobule, but:

In battles enemy reinforces spawn and dismount (if they are mounted) and fight with infantry. It happens with Nord (mercenary troops) but not with Khergit. Tel me if is not a bug or is double, i delete the post.

Roveno said:
Hi, i hope to do not a dobule, but:

In battles enemy reinforces spawn and dismount (if they are mounted) and fight with infantry. It happens with Nord (mercenary troops) but not with Khergit. Tel me if is not a bug or is double, i delete the post.
You should have the option to disable dismounting during battle in the report or camp screen.

Really? Ok thanks,  i think i'll let it just on for khergit skirmishers and steppe bandits, they're a loss of time.

I have a bit of a problem. I can only play for about an hour then i get an message saying "Unable to restore vertex buffer" or something like that. Is there a way to solve this problem?

I've written earlier, but nobody took it seriously.

The problem is, when I download the mod (5.0.1), every file in the archive is broken. Tried it many times, from repositary and other sources, and I also asked my friend to download it, and he confirmed the problem. I tried unpacking it both with 7Zip and WinRAR. It doesn't work. That's maybe because I'm in Ukraine.
THere weren't any problems with earler versions of this mode, or any other mode.

I don't know if anyone cares about the original M&B mod anymore but I did find a glitch with the secret commoners quest.  I can talk to the lord and free Dingo over and over again. I have yet to see if this glitch affects the ransom broker that comes as a reward but I do get the immediate rewards.  I am somewhat worried that in finishing the secret quest multiple times, that I might have more than one ransom broker.

during talks with members of the legion the game won't let me continue or if i try to recruit a lord if freezes i'll put what happens (when i get lords from defeated fraction dose that mean i can get more homeland lords or less) 

Heya guys, first of all thanks a lot for the mod. I really enjoyed! But recently I got this following problem. Well I received several script error messages earlier and also encountered that Chancellor bug but nothing really too serious. Reloading a save game once in a while doesn't bother me.
But this is the latest I've encountered and this kinda breaks the game for me. After I've received script error as shown below I crash when clicking on the camp menu tab. I hope you guys can help me out. I do have an earlier saved game and when I load this it works fine but something caused this error and breaks the game when entering camp.

SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 2204: Invalid Party ID: 2; LINE NO: 2: At script: game_event_party_encounter. At script: game_event_party_encounter. SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 521: Invalid Party ID: 2; LINE NO: 4: At script: game_event_party_encounter. At script: game_event_party_encounter. SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 1609: Invalid Party ID: 2; LINE NO: 5: At script: game_event_party_encounter. At script: game_event_party_encounter. SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 541: Invalid Party ID: 2; LINE NO: 22: At script: game_event_party_encounter. At script: game_event_party_encounter. At script: game_event_party_encounter.

When I get the chance I'll continue work on SOD 5. Doing work on SOD Gold and Warlords at the same time will be confusing to work on at the same time until Warlords reaches a few of the features that SOD Gold has.

Re: My game crashes when I  hit camp menu button, and save games are all corrupted with the same issue. 
Also, note same issue by DevilDon (I think his is same) who posted 09-12-11, and same issue with Arzeal who posted 06-20-11.

BTW, let me mention that I LOVE this mod!  I started playing on 4.6 beta, now I'm on 5.0 beta.

I have windows 7 64 bit, downloaded the ninja update for mount and blade ( the official update that was removed and replaced with an older update)  My game has been running very stable with zero crashes through day 45.  I have spent about 30 to 50 hours playing up to this point, I would guess.  Stable.  Until, I attacked a group of deserters or bandits in the Swadian territory, and an unarmed troop joined the battle on the enemy's side.  After the battle, I could capture him, and did.  He showed up in my prisoner group like a lord does.  From that point on, everytime I hit the camp menu button the game goes black screen and crashes to desktop.  I unfortunately saved over all of my recent saves, but I do have a save from day 25.  Ack! about 20 hours of game play lost!  At least I don't have to go back to day 1.  Please fix this guys.  Others have had this happen.  I doubt it is windows 7.  I don't have a readout to post.  I deleted those save games, and am working on replaying those days. 
TOO OTHERS OUT THERE, don't save if you have the unarmed Troop join a battle.  Quit and reload.  by the way,
I recruited him from my prisoners, and he joined just like a regular companion does, ie: like Ymira, Alayan, etc.  I gave him equipment, and even leveled him up once before I discovered that I could no longer use the camp menu. 
  The idea is really nice, but the implementation seems broken.

Re: can't besiege a castle, which was listed at beginning of post as: likely the caslte  was already under siege.
I was neutral, and ready to start a kingdom.  I had negative 1 relations with Vaegirs, I think, or maybe +1, or 0.  I tried to besiege the Vaegir town, Reyvadin, but no option given.  It was not under siege.  I then went to the Vaegirs castle right beside it, Dramug, and I had the option to besiege it.  So I chose to besiege the castle, got a 10 relation drop, I think, to -11, if I remember correctly.  I then chose to abandon the siege instead of build ladders.  I then went back to Reyvadin, and was able to besiege it, which I then did with no further issues.  So, not a big problem, not even sure if you need a higher negative relation to besiege a town than you need to besiege a castle.  It worked out fine for me.  Until I came across the unarmed troop, as I listed in post above.

Odd bug- game crashes whenever I try to camp out of town/castle. Save-load doesn't help. Everything else seems normal. Could anyone point me where to check which script tried to execute to cause such behavior?

Hi, I've seen in other posts that various troops that are on horseback, but have a melee weapon that can't be used on horseback, will use their fists in battle.  I haven't seen mention of this happening to the lords that join players faction.  Please change this.  I have at least two lords that I can see a big 'ol two handed sword on their back, like an espadon or something else that is too long to be used on horseback.  They throw some javelins, then switch to fists and get knocked out.  Useless on the field, but not a problem in a siege.  Maybe have them always on foot, or give them a melee weapon that they can use on horseback.  I realize they will be good in a castle siege, but a sword of war or something would serve the game better if they have a horse under them.  In my game, I chose Antarians as my empire, and I've noticed Sigmar and Aels both using fists bc their sword couldn't be used on horseback.  There may be others, but some of my lords do have melee weapons that they can use on horseback.  Maybe bc I am Antarian, they got those big 'ol swords, I don't know if it happens with other empires.  If you meant it to be this way, consider this a suggestion to change it.  If not, then this is a bug report.  Thanks for the awesome mod, I absolutely love it!

HI!  I've got another bug.  I called the invasion early, and gathered three of my lords together, then went after the Centurions as they are attacking castles in other nations.  One of my lords, with only 135 troops, gets in a fight with a Centurion and his army of 265 troops.  Then, another Centurion joins in the battle before I can get there to rescue his foolish (bleep!)  I join the battle with my 219 troops, for a total of about 354 troops against their total of about 569 troops.  After a very enjoyable romp in the field, I come out the victor, and the first Centurion, Pomperius or something, escapes.  The second Centurion, Marcus, I am able to capture.  He says "I'm bleeding.... Is this....    finally...    the end?"  (Not sure about the spacing, but those were the words.) Then I reply with something that includes: Your wounds are deep.  I then had to left mouse button click, but it wouldn't do anything.  The game wasn't exactly jammed, since the animation of my character, and the music were still going, and the horse snorts.  I ctrl - alt - del, and pull up the task manager, which says M&B is running.  (If game is jammed it usu. says 'not responding')  So after many different attempts and button pressing, I ended program from task manager, and reloaded the save from right before I joined the battle.  I went through the entire battle thinking, 'This will probably do the same thing again,' and sure enough, same thing.  So I reloaded again, right before I joined the battle, ( So at this point in the reload, the two Centurion armies have already engaged my fellow lord.)  So I tried beating the enemy down to the very last battle, then chose the option to leave.  Rolf was unhappy, but kept a 100 enthusiastic attitude.  Yay.  I then saved in a new spot.  I went back into the battle, and finished it off, just 37 enemy troops to kill.  I then captured the first Centurion, but Marcus got away.  There was no jam or problem.  I was able to keep playing after rescuing my over-zealous lord.  So was it Marcus being captured?  Or was it Marcus, or anyone, saying they are dying?  Which I assume would be followed by them actually bleeding to death on the battlefield.  I love the idea, but not the game jam.  Hope this helps.

P.S.  I just got in a battle where I attacked Centurion Vulcan by myself, and Centurion Velious, and one of their mercenary groups joined the battle.  After defeating their over 560 troops, Velious says he dying, same script as above, and the screen gets stuck on my reply about It looks like it cause his wounds are deep. I redid the battle, left the battle before I finished them off, then saved.  Attacked Vulcan, finished them, same story.  I then reloaded, attacked Velious directly, went through the conversation options, then finished them off.  Captured him, he's dying, stuck.  I then reloaded, attacked Velious, and told my troops to charge without me, so autoresolve, I win, and this time I capture Vulcan, but not Velious.  The game did not get stuck that time.  Apparently it is the dying script in all situations.

Two more bugs like the last.  While talking to Gaius Marcus, I was asking him all the possible questions.  BTW, I am enjoying the Centurion dialogs.  So, Both of the following give me a screen that I can't left click out of, or anything else except to ctrl-alt-del, start task manager, and end the game.  The first occurs:
  When asking about the option:  .... Please tell me about yourself:  I get to the screen that starts:  The sooner this war comes to an end, the less time it will take to heal the scars....

The second occurs:
  When asking about the mercenaries that travel with the legion, it gets stuck at the screen that starts:  Your parent's wisdom shines through your words brightly. .....

A few grammatical errors and missing words like 'I', but not many.  However, one I would like to see corrected is when speaking with captured Centurions, and the Centurion is complaining about the filth he comes across and I say "You should spend less time with your colleges then.  Still, what should I do with you?"  Please correct the spelling to 'colleagues'.  It's not a big issue obviously, and I LOVE, absolutely LOVE your mod.  But the above screen stops are necessary to fix, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom