Secondary Attacks: a how-to (with pictures!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Anyone thought about second attack of small weapons?

With dagger,bashing someone with the hilt is ....LoL

What if for small weapons, if the first swing would be thrust,secondary would be swing right after the thrust attack or vice versa?

I was thinking about similiar system myself, but what I would like to introduce is this: (appologies if this was mentioned before, did not had time to read all 20 pages)

For combo / secondary attacks I would not add extra buttons like specials attacks in MMO games but just using combinations of movement keys + normal swings.

Extended thrust:
Normal thrust attack with sword: press LMB, pull back mouse, release = gives you normal thrust attack with piercing damage
Addition to this move is to double tap arrow up (forward, W) and you make step forward (lunge) and extend your attack range by your reach.

Same type off combo could be used for polearm like on your picture
1st example:
mouse move up, click LMB, press forward, release mouse button and than double tap back button with additional LMB click.

2nd example (from picture on page 1)
pull mouse back, press LMB, release LMB, double click RMB+forward

3rd example
pull mouse side, click LMB, release LMB, press left, press forward

Spin attack:
pull mouse side, press LMB, press in sequence letf, back, right, forward and release LMB (diferent direstion if you use left or right sweep)

Those types of attacks require lot of skill from player (much like in Jedi Knight series). and they offer lot of posible combos.
Also it would be nice to see option for left handed people, and all those attack combos for people who are left handed.

Number of combo attack that player can learn should be INT / 5 so for each 5 points you can learn 1 combo.
Number of combo uses per encounter should be limited to STR+AGI / 3
This way those combos would not disbalance gameplay and would add certain variety to combat.

For additional game content iit would be good to add quests to learn those special attacks from Lords or arrena fighters.

Also player should meet certain atribute requierments before being able to learn those combo attacks and to be in good relation with those lords or Arena fighters.

Spin attacks aren't very effective in real life situations. I mean if you do something like you hit the guy from the front, then quickly spin and slash his back maybe, but I doubt it really.

Continous clicking of the mouse like the bow, with the bow you can keep a nice paced set of fire, if you stop firing then it you restart.

Show me a knight with a zweihander or a sword doing a spin to attack me, and I'll show you a corpse with a DEEP slash on his back. Unless he's going to deflect my blow, but
1) an armored man is not that equilibrated, nor agile or quick enough, even in in ligh leather. My live medieval experience helps me...
2) He's not even going to see my blow coming. So...

Great idea, Swing is faster/more accurate but stab is stronger
this would give u more control.
or swing left/right control i like to charge, but i cant tell were it's going to land
i get blocked like 50%, its so annoying  :mad:

killer-blead said:
oooo nice drawing
i think with a start as secondary attack there will be nice combo's
We've argued this one to death it would on the edge of reality.
I argue it should be in the main game, you can swing and stab using less time.
Some people say mod it if you want it.

As long as we are on the topic of diffrent attacks lets think about fighting with your opponents

1. you swing sword
2. you block his attack
3. you swing again
4. he either blocks it if he is a veteran or lord or sum high rank or he takes a sword to the face and your on to your next opponent

sounds boring huh  :cry: well i know this might be a hard thing to put into Mount&Blade but how bout sumthing like pushing him back with your shield

or bop him on the noggin with the butt of your sword or what ever it's called (if it's light enough)

hey ever get tired of climbing the siege ladder and killing 10 guys before getting to set foot on the 0ther side of the wall why not jump and tackle a guy to make room for your comrades to move up  :twisted:

and another cool thing that i have wanted for a while is when your fighting a guy and you thrust your sword into his gut don't ya think it should stay there, not flail all over the place this would create a much needed and realistic gory affect to gameplay

well since I'm thinking of new stuff to add why not go all out lets say your charging at sum guy with your polearm couched and either your gonna kill him or kill his horse and he will get up and you will have to make another pass well wouldn't it be cool if you could knock him off his horse without killing him or the horse 

another thing i can think of is if you capture a lord or somebody of high rank and you can visit him in your dungeon why not be Abel to torture him for information lol

if you have read this far good for you and thanks,  :mrgreen: i think sieges should be more tactical and interesting than walking up a ramp why not have multiple siege options like a battering ram to knock down the big heavy doors or get a couple of sappers to blow a hole in the castle wall and charge through, in my history class i recently learned that in medieval times sum sieging armies used their trebuchet to launch flaming balls of death or giant rocks or even a couple severed heads or even a couple of captured enemies

well that's all i have for now thanks for reading and i hope to see a few of these ideas in new versions

Sincerely: :grin: :grin: :grin: Kellark12

LordMutaz said:
Age of machinery has catapults which I use strategically , but I don't think you can use catapults in sieges.
To break down walls. Aganist infantry and it was useless if they were spread out.

LordMutaz said:
I'm talking about in the game? are you? when It shows the catapult menu, and I choose my catapults, it says 3/0
They didn't add it yet. It's apparently in progress they have a ani file partly working.

Just wanted to add my support for the 1st post in this topic (the starter post).  I very much like this idea and it's really good that you already thought of what mouse buttons to use.  That would make it really easy on the developers.  Animation shouldn't be too hard.  Perhaps the devs could release a beta of this feature, as a mini- and optional patch,  so people could install and see what it is like in-game.  That way many people can give feedback.

Fantastic artwork illustrations. And an awesome presentation.
For a moment there I was convinced that I was reading Talhoffer  :wink:

Back
Top Bottom