Screenshot Thread: Post all your Screenies Here!

Users who are viewing this thread

I really hope that's just poorly constructed English, if not, it means that according to your logic, all our resident serbians are experts on serbian history.

Notice the word "might be". I research much about Asian history, not everyone in Asia. The same coud be said to Serbian. :grin:

Do you mean that you are asian AND an expert on asian history, or that being asian makes you an expert on asian history?

The first is more accurate (I don't really think I should use the term "expert", it seems a little overestimate), although that being an Asian could make you easier to become an expert on its history.

Also, do you have any sources for these devices you talk about? If so i'd love to see them, not being a **** i'm just genuinely curious.

Of course, I read these in my book, but I don't know if there are some source on the Internet. Also I don't know what kind of source you want to know, like document or picture?

There is one document on wiki, which I find it accurate. Although it is recorded in 1231, but generally mine had been invented before.

The first accounts of bombs made of cast iron shells packed with explosive gunpowder—as opposed to earlier types of castings—was written in the 13th century in China. The term was coined for this bomb (i.e. "thunder-crash bomb") during a Jin Dynasty (1115–1234) naval battle of 1231 against the Mongols. The History of Jin (compiled by 1345) states that in 1232, as the Mongol general Subutai (1176–124:cool: descended on the Jin stronghold of Kaifeng, the defenders had a "thunder-crash bomb" which "consisted of gunpowder put into an iron container...then when the fuse was lit (and the projectile shot off) there was a great explosion the noise whereof was like thunder, audible for more than a hundred li, and the vegetation was scorched and blasted by the heat over an area of more than half a mou. When hit, even iron armour was quite pierced through."

Another one on timelineindex.com

"Gunpowder, reportedly produced from saltpetre, sulphur and charcoal, is a Chinese invention. Earliest records of the formula date to the 800s. The Chinese used gunpowder to propel rockets, and to produce incendiary and explosive projectiles thrown by catapult. By the 1200s, a Chinese Bureau of Munitions was operating seven factories that produced 7,000 rockets and 21,000 bombs a day. The weaponry included a so-called "thunder-crash bomb", which the Chinese unleashed in 1232 on Mongol troops besieging Kaifeng, capital of the north Chinese Jin Empire. During the later years of the 13th century, the Chinese invented cannons, using gunpowder to fire projectiles from metal barrels."

You can read about fire lance on Wikipedia. But overall, they contain the same definition like this.

"The pear-flower spear or li hua ch'iang was an early form of fire lance, that is a spear like weapon combining a long spear with a simple firework like charge at the end underneath the spear head. The firework would shoot out a small projectile or poison along with the flame. The weapon had a range of only a few feet so was used in close combat and was a key stage in the development of the firearm. The first fire-lances were seen in China during the 10th century but by about 1260 they had developed into a variety of forms and although normally associated with peasant rebels regular Sung troops also used them, their use by cavalry being described at the siege of Yangchow in 1276. They were cheap and popular for several centuries sometimes being used in racks to defend cities and remained in use until well after the Ming period. The development of gunpowder in the fire lance to have enough force to hurl a killing projectile was a key step along the development of the first true guns."

If you want some proof, then in this image. (Sorry it's kinda small) Notice the upper right corner, the demon with red loincloth carrying a fire lance, while the lower demon holding a early grenade (exploding device). This picture is a photo of a silk painting in Dunhuang, dating around 10th century, in the Tang dynasty.

http://kaleidoscope.cultural-china.com/chinaWH/upload/upfiles/2008-12/08/fire_lance08d3d9e86fc3208d36ed.jpg

So, is there anything else I can do for you?

Khergiter said:
although that being an Asia could make you easier to become an expert on its history.
I partially concur. It's indeed logical that being an Asian or Serbian or something else less mainstream would make you more knowledgeable about it than an average foreigner (as in from a different group that has little contacts with your own, f.e. "non-East-Asian", "non-Balkaner" etc). Still, becoming an expert is not about where you're from, but whether you are interested in researching that area and the only advantage the natives have in this case is that they don't have a language-and-culture barrier. Otherwise, if let's say, a Spaniard gets genuinely interested in Balkan history and starts researching it more seriously, he could become as much of an expert as any local one (or even more); it would just be a bit harder for him due to the language differences (and the usually minimal ammount of English (and even more minimal ammount of Spanish or other, I presume) literature on the matter, which even gets outdated more easily).

Ehr..this is a bit embarassing but which button was that? And where do they end up on your computer now in warband?

I mean, I do have a bone to pick with the king of England, I suppose I could screenshot the picking.

El-Diablito said:
Ehr..this is a bit embarassing but which button was that? And where do they end up on your computer now in warband?

I mean, I do have a bone to pick with the king of England, I suppose I could screenshot the picking.

Download FRAPS, you'll be able to take nice screenies and videos whenever you want once you have it running.

Only on Taleworlds, open up a SS thread and be baffled by a discussion about how Chinese swords found their way to Europe in 1200 A.d.
I'd suggest more screenies =p

Ok, this is of my new game for the Roman Empire. The character's name is Orestes Pyrrhos. For some reason, the pics look horrible. My game looks way better. Not sure where the disconnect is. Maybe I should use a screenshot software?

Anyways, this was around level 7, after a very long and drawn out fight with like 10 mountain bandits. My companions all got owned quick, so it was up to me!
mb1vi.jpg

A little bit later, maybe level 8. That bandit didn't make it....kind of kicked myself for not waiting half a second more for the pic!

mb2e.jpg

And this is the current possie. I'm missing the one guy with 7 trading, and then any companion that I might come along that is actually good at fighting. I don't want no level 1 whimpies that bring nothing to the group, I like it as small as possible! Basileos is the engineer, Hildegard is the medic, and Astolfo is my fighting buddy, I can count on him to take the lead in the charge and make sure pointy arrows are not aimed at me (thanks to his courser's speed).

mb3n.jpg

Will post more. Just need to figure out how to make them smaller and better!

have a bunch of new pictures, moved on from level 8 to about 17. became a lord in the roman empire, and participated in a siege assault and defense. so, hopefully these pics will be better!

Can anyone recommend a good screenshot program to use? I have another 21 pictures to post, of my character's evolution from level 8 to 18 (16-18 was in one massive battle of 500 vs 500 that I somehow managed to survive all the way through by running over small, indefensible archers who were looking somewhere else by impaling my lance on their heads - must have killed close to 100 enemies by myself and it took me one hour to fight) and I will be posting them soon, but the reality is that the screenshots are much larger than the picture should be. My screen resolution is much smaller, but for some reason the pics come out huge and then they look like crap. :sad:

OK, WILL POST FIRST FEW...I think this works, chose the "for message boards" size..

anyways, something I've come to notice.. BANDITS! Lots of them! Sicily is impossible, at least at first.
mb5f.jpg

Hanging out, chilling like a villain after killing some bandits:
mb6x.jpg

Like I said, lot's of bandits!
mb11b.jpg

Not sure how I survived this fight, I remember it being exceptionally tough. First time I fought sea raiders, level 9 or some such crap.. with crap armor. :sad:
mb13m.jpg

And this dude didn't want to go quietly into that good night!
mb14j.jpg

raided my first village, not nearly enough men for the job! I thank the gods I had bought a Katapract mount just before, mind you it still died under me but I had good armor, shield and sword by this time so I could actually defend myself vs multiple farmers!

This is in backwards regression. I got dismounted, so I walked backwards while I slashed and hacked my way into victory. I was pushed to a corner, and there I made my stand and from there I walked back again into the battle field so that you could all see my awesome skills of village murdering. :smile:

mb16p.jpg
mb17.jpg
mb18v.jpg
mb19.jpg
mb20f.jpg
mb21m.jpg
mb23z.jpg

Back
Top Bottom