Scenes

Users who are viewing this thread

Ambalon said:
I though of making a ring fortress with a palisade, but after seeing the scene's landscape I though "**** no, I won't waste this landscape with a palisade". Also, I made it extra hard to be taken, so you better gather an awesome army before taking this castle (though you probably have never seen a place so easy to defend - that is, if you use that thing between your ears and get some archers to man the walls). So I got this:
Scene from above during siege. As you can see, there are ditches all around the walls and they have spikes on them, for extra awesomeness. Up on the top center you can see a tower, (where you obviously will have archers) and they can fire at the attacking force, so you better watch out for them.

mountblade2009-09-0700-08-00-98.jpg

Closeup on said tower, in case you didn't get it. It's got a pretty steep but worthy of climbing path leading to it - you better gather a lot of ammunition if you plan to shoot the enemy forces from up there.

mountblade2009-09-0700-09-24-44.jpg

This is what you're gonna see when you're in that tower (really, I thought it amazing - that's why so many screenies).

mountblade2009-09-0700-07-45-83.jpg

Brave men defending the walls from the enemy forces - who uses ladders, and yes, I know most of the scenes aren't supposed to be taken by ladders-. In the picture there is only one ladder, but on the scene there are two. - because I edited the scene after I uploaded the photos.

mountblade2009-09-0700-08-39-55.jpg

If you chose to take up shield and sword and defend the walls, you'll have these brave man covering your left flank and raining arrows down the enemies' sides.

mountblade2009-09-0700-08-29-08.jpg

And to your extreme right flank you're gonna have these men, also raining arrows on the invading horde. 

mountblade2009-09-0700-09-16-18.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=0dda726841a4f91d0c814df2efeadc50e04e75f6e8ebb871
I used the default ground, so no worries.

Anyway, I added only one ladder, but if people are probably gonna whine too much (or not, as not many soldiers are gonna make it to the walls) I will add one more ladder.

edit- Added one more ladder, but you probably wouldn't get the first one crowded. But still, less recruits whining.

Oww man! That almost gave me a boner...

No, I'm not saying they look like vaginas or something, I'm just weird  :roll:

Seriously though, I can't wait to own people in one of those locations

That is incredible. I mean, damn, it's very... Original, to say the least, and it looks like fun to attack or defend.

Just to be sure, though, you are doing this according to it's location on the map as far as terrain goes? As in, that last mountainous one is the scene for a castle that is located in some mountains, right?

Hm... Now you got me in a tight spot, though I'm pretty sure it's good enough. If I'm completely wrong, you could just cahnge the scn_castle_XX_interior and change the number to whatever settlement you'd like. As in: say the last one (22 IIRC) is in the wrong place (and IIRC it probably is - my bad) and you'd like to place it where another castle already is, just swap the file names.  :wink: Oh, that and to change the terrain code strings.
Will pay more attention now on, though I'm pretty sure all of them are ok (except from Ulvasa, let me check, I just started working on  Vikedal - which will have a nice port, btw). Oh,

Thanks. I got pissy because I'm not being able to successfully edit the Vikedal (or w/e) settlement without the game crashing/doing strange things to the terrain. So I might take a while (read: one week) to get motivated again.

I started working on the harbor town about three weeks ago but gave up because the map editor won't understand that I want to keep the map the way I did it, so what it does is expand the map and make a section much higher than the other.

This problem crushed my motivation so I stopped working.  :wink:
I'll probably get back on making scenes somewhere in.... I have no idea when. Whenever I feel like. But you know, releasing a new version of RoY might get my motivation up again.  :roll:

BUT look at the bright side: I take one day to make a scene, so if I worked non-stop It would take me one month to do everything. :lol:

I started making a scene all by meself. AI meshing sucks my bawls, but once I'm done that, I can test out this scene and see how it works. :grin: Should be pretty good, you have to climb up some mountaintrail switchbacks and **** whilst under arrow fire, so it should be good.

EDIT:
I now present to you: Gammel Vraa!

I'm not done all the AI meshing yet, but it's pretty much good to go.  :grin:

I started working on Yxtaholmborg, it's awesome. There's a massive dockyard, a fortress, and an extra primary wall. Should be interesting. You cross a small stream and are faced with a wall that goes to the water in front of the docks to the edge of the map. The wall, of course, will be loaded with archers. Get past it and you can follow the curve of the shoreline around to the hill fortress, which is your basic circle shaped fort. That's where all the infantry will be. Regrettably, the player can only move around in one half of the fortress (more like two thirds, but...) which sucks, but I think I can extend the "retreat from battle" wall so it doesn't pop in right there.

Back
Top Bottom