Scenes

Users who are viewing this thread

Ambalon said:
Dudro said:
You should make a circle fort castle!

http://www.denmark.dk/NR/rdonlyres/5AE3CD79-41CE-4037-8DD2-015DD630B1A6/0/vikingeborgtrelleborg.jpg

Really simple, very Viking!
Maybe later. Its really hard to connect wall sections and make a half decent circle.
20$ Rowan could have the patience to do it.

EDIT: By the way, I haven't set up these scenes yet, as I'm working on my World War Z mod. For fun I'll give you some screens of the battle of Yonkers in a bit...

Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
Oh Ruthven, you silly buffoon. The Curse is still rife.
What?

Anyways, it seems I need to up the amount of zombies that spawn at one time. (They come endlessly, by the way.) After I add the kill counter and do the scenes for the other battles, maybe make some zombie face textures, this'll be pretty good, and if I get permission on the items I could even release it. :smile:

Check the Screenshots thread in a bit... now.

Wow ambalon... just ****in' wow!

I was afraid that you were going to model castles as in later middle age continental europe stone castles. Thanks for proving me wrong

Can't wait for new release to fight in those scenes. Keep up the marvelous job :wink:

Rory_Gallagher said:
Wow ambalon... just ****in' wow!

I was afraid that you were going to model castles as in later middle age continental europe stone castles. Thanks for proving me wrong

Can't wait for new release to fight in those scenes. Keep up the marvelous job :wink:
Thanks pal. Whenever I find time I'll make more scenes. And I could really use other models, Ruthven, so not all scenes look the same.

So I got motivated once more, so I'll go back to making scenes (and as castles won...)
@Ruthven - There are only about 6 wooden building with thatched roofs, so could I use tiled roofs (in moderation)? Otherwise all scenes are going to look kinda the same. If there are some good props in the OSP, all the better, if not, I could still do with a modeler.
On a side note: What's the progress on the next version of RoY?

Ambalon said:

Great! No promises but I should have a private test version to Ruthven this weekend or right after. After he's happy and I'm happy we will move on to getting someone to test out the lag issue.

ejnomad07 said:
Ambalon said:

Great! No promises but I should have a private test version to Ruthven this weekend or right after. After he's happy and I'm happy we will move on to getting someone to test out the lag issue.
Good, good. Don't forget to implement the two castles I've made so far. :wink: (page 1) I added all the necessary files. If you don't know how to do them, just ask me, darling. Anyway, I'll start working on another castle, I should have it done by tomorrow late afternoon (give or take 5 hours). Also, I'm making no interior scenes because I always mess up the entry points and there are just no suitable interiors, so I'll let them be. AND, is anyone kind enough on explaining to me how the alley scene works? (towns) - As in entry points and ****. Also, what is the damned difference between "wall" and "siege" scenes?

Also, would you rather have more palisades or battlements?

Ambalon said:
ejnomad07 said:
Ambalon said:

Good, good. Don't forget to implement the two castles I've made so far. :wink: (page 1) I added all the necessary files. If you don't know how to do them, just ask me, darling. Anyway, I'll start working on another castle, I should have it done by tomorrow late afternoon (give or take 5 hours). Also, I'm making no interior scenes because I always mess up the entry points and there are just no suitable interiors, so I'll let them be. AND, is anyone kind enough on explaining to me how the alley scene works? (towns) - As in entry points and ****. Also, what is the damned difference between "wall" and "siege" scenes?

Also, would you rather have more palisades or battlements?

They will be in the mod don't you worry yourself over that. :wink:

As far as scenes are concerned I have not touched any of that stuff yet so my knowledge is very limited outside of adding/replacing ones. If I remember correctly the wall scenes are the places when you explore the castle grounds while siege is when it's well seiged. I think the best people to ask would be the Custom Settlements scene makers. If anyone knows their stuff on scenes it would be them.

Personally I would prefer more palisades. Most of the game is battlements and we could use more mixing it up. From a consumer point of view it's best to mix it up with both so to please everyone.

OK. Started working just now.

edit- Everything done, now I'll have to add entry points, eddit the AI mesh AND micro-scene it (add torches and ****). Though it looks really good and should be a bit harder to take than the others.

Harder to take you say? I love it.  :twisted:

I would actually like to see more castles/towns with double walls. Perhaps an open gate you attack through and a second wall you must climb the ladders at. I wouldn't mind also seeing a walled up town with open gates on multiple sides as a scene either. Some of those island towns would make sense they would better defend thenselves.

But anyways, You're the best. Thanks for the scenes.

Done. I made a... thing that is supposed to be a great hall (which is also the castle). I call it "brazillian improvisation"
Just an aerial view of the settlement, with a very steep way up and a nice like just outside of it.
mountblade2009-09-0416-58-15-05.jpg

Night shot. Because it's a must.
mountblade2009-09-0417-03-21-06-1.jpg

The battlements at the sides of the gate should make this a ***** to be taken, but also a piece of cake to defend :wink:.
mountblade2009-09-0417-04-48-30.jpg

Brave archer dying in the name of Ryperye Finson.
mountblade2009-09-0417-06-44-53.jpg

A solid (or not so much) shield wall awaits those who make it to the gates. (nevermind the arrows, those are just entrypoints and won't be visible :wink:
mountblade2009-09-0417-07-22-99.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=0dda726841a4f91d0c814df2efeadc50e04e75f6e8ebb871
0x000000003007a3b28003fcf300003a8f00006e9e0000395f

You meant something like this?
2ecpsw8.jpg
I made it for "over the great bloodfalls" (also, ignore the lack of trees and sands - because I'm still waiting for adorno to give me the ****ing palm trees.)

And it's my 4th fully playable scene ever. *****.  :lol: Also, play the scenes I've made to see if I let anything pass by. (Not interior scenes - I already said why). Also, "wall" is not when exploring the town's grounds, because that is "center".

I though of making a ring fortress with a palisade, but after seeing the scene's landscape I though "**** no, I won't waste this landscape with a palisade". Also, I made it extra hard to be taken, so you better gather an awesome army before taking this castle (though you probably have never seen a place so easy to defend - that is, if you use that thing between your ears and get some archers to man the walls). So I got this:
Scene from above during siege. As you can see, there are ditches all around the walls and they have spikes on them, for extra awesomeness. Up on the top center you can see a tower, (where you obviously will have archers) and they can fire at the attacking force, so you better watch out for them.

mountblade2009-09-0700-08-00-98.jpg

Closeup on said tower, in case you didn't get it. It's got a pretty steep but worthy of climbing path leading to it - you better gather a lot of ammunition if you plan to shoot the enemy forces from up there.

mountblade2009-09-0700-09-24-44.jpg

This is what you're gonna see when you're in that tower (really, I thought it amazing - that's why so many screenies).

mountblade2009-09-0700-07-45-83.jpg

Brave men defending the walls from the enemy forces - who uses ladders, and yes, I know most of the scenes aren't supposed to be taken by ladders-. In the picture there is only one ladder, but on the scene there are two. - because I edited the scene after I uploaded the photos.

mountblade2009-09-0700-08-39-55.jpg

If you chose to take up shield and sword and defend the walls, you'll have these brave man covering your left flank and raining arrows down the enemies' sides.

mountblade2009-09-0700-08-29-08.jpg

And to your extreme right flank you're gonna have these men, also raining arrows on the invading horde. 

mountblade2009-09-0700-09-16-18.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=0dda726841a4f91d0c814df2efeadc50e04e75f6e8ebb871
I used the default ground, so no worries.

Anyway, I added only one ladder, but if people are probably gonna whine too much (or not, as not many soldiers are gonna make it to the walls) I will add one more ladder.

edit- Added one more ladder, but you probably wouldn't get the first one crowded. But still, less recruits whining.

Back
Top Bottom