Scene Development

Users who are viewing this thread

For those wondering; my Paris scene is progressing.
I have some more free time now that my univ. semester is almost finished.

The scene is quite huge, and I'm doing my best to keep it as small as I can, with fewest objects as possible. It's quite a challenge...
I have to make it seem very big without making it big, lol.

I'll post some screenies when more progress will have been done.

quapitty said:
WIP: A castle for Russian/Baltic area.
Beware, no trees and the houses inside the walls are not really placed yet.
mb129.jpg
mb130.jpg
mb131.jpg

NikeBG said:
Yeah, it's great! Though are you sure it's accurate for our time period?
I was referring to kdm's post in 'Russian principalities'
See here:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,249456.msg6217059.html#msg6217059

Huh, I didn't know ring forts still existed by our time, though a quick glance at Wiki suggests they did indeed, at least in Russia and especially in the Baltic. Interesting! :smile:

P.S. Though if you had made the one numbered 6 in kdm's post, that would have been kickass (reminds me of the Conan universe for some reason though)! :grin: :razz:

Yeah, I wonder if that castle has been taken from the Conan Universe by the artist who drew the pictures. As I sometimes think when I see some Osprey pictures.  :smile:

GLORIOS TREES!!! :grin:
I wonder who will the sieges happen ,will we just rush throw the main gate and push tll we hit the town center?(Will the gate be open or will we use a ram to force entrance?)
If we will have to face against walls will we be abble to use the sige equipment we chose?

BernhardTheUgly said:
I wonder who will the sieges happen ,will we just rush throw the main gate and push tll we hit the town center?(Will the gate be open or will we use a ram to force entrance?)
If we will have to face against walls will we be abble to use the sige equipment we chose?
Well, I think I can share this little bit of info with you.
You see, for the later releases, we plan to add elite diver-assassin teams.
Whenever the castle has a moat of water (like this), you will be able to lead a team of 4 assassins, to dive through that water moat, at night, to infiltrate the castle, kill the guards and open the gate, so your army can storm the castle.

EDIT:
Quapitty, how about adding 1-3 trees inside the castle? :razz:

There will be ladders. It is not possible to make gates able to be opened or destroyed without a mess in singleplayer. Unfortunately. At least the AI will not work correct with destroyable doors. Even the defenders will try to destroy them... so simple ladders. And it is never possible to choose the type of siege equipment for players. Also a siege tower would be useless for that scene with the moat and the earth wall. I'll post screenies when I have gotten the ladders installed and to work.

MihailoSRB said:
BernhardTheUgly said:
Whenever the castle has a moat of water (like this), you will be able to lead a team of 4 assassins, to dive through that water moat, at night, to infiltrate the castle, kill the guards and open the gate, so your army can storm the castle.

EDIT:

:lol:
I knew it!
Actually - I think this time there will be no trees. As I think it is blocking the sight / fireline for the defenders. I was imagening a bunch of guys trying to build a strong defense without caring too much for romance or the environment. They just had to cut a lot of trees to build this place. And they don't need so much shade in that part of the world.  :wink:
Yeah, yeah I'll think about it - but.... I think it doesn't make sense if you think about this place as a defensive fort.

Dont take me by a fool MihailoSRB every one knows assassins are afraid of water :smile:
quapitty said:
There will be ladders. It is not possible to make gates able to be opened or destroyed without a mess in singleplayer. Unfortunately. At least the AI will not work correct with destroyable doors. Even the defenders will try to destroy them... so simple ladders. And it is never possible to choose the type of siege equipment for players. Also a siege tower would be useless for that scene with the moat and the earth wall. I'll post screenies when I have gotten the ladders installed and to work.

MihailoSRB said:
BernhardTheUgly said:

EDIT:

:lol:
I knew it!
Actually - I think this time there will be no trees. As I think it is blocking the sight / fireline for the defenders. I was imagening a bunch of guys trying to build a strong defense without caring too much for romance or the environment. They just had to cut a lot of trees to build this place. And they don't need so much shade in that part of the world.  :wink:
Yeah, yeah I'll think about it - but.... I think it doesn't make sense if you think about this place as a defensive fort.
To bad it is impossible, i am sure you will do a wonderfull job anyway :grin:

Why not make the Ram triger a opening of the gate after like 3 or 2 minutes of being set in front of the wall?(I know nothing about making maps so if i am sujesting something ridiculous just ignore).

quapitty said:
Little update on the Russian / Baltic faction castle scene:
mb144.jpg
mb145.jpg
mb146a.jpg
mb147.jpg
mb136.jpg
mb138.jpg

Feels like I haven't checked this board in forever  :lol:

But hot damn. I am not mad at that.
Great job dude!  :wink:

Keep it English people.

I didn't learn English so that people spoke other languages I can't understand in the Internet.

In fact, it's become so rare that I get very pissed off every time I find some useful information in the Web... in a language I can't understand, or worse, read (like Arabic).

Cèsar de Quart said:
Keep it English people.

I didn't learn English so that people spoke other languages I can't understand in the Internet.

In fact, it's become so rare that I get very pissed off every time I find some useful information in the Web... in a language I can't understand, or worse, read (like Arabic).
I am sorry for disturbing forum rules.

DrTomas said:
Very nice quapitty!

Seeing those trees, have you considered adding polish landscapes?

Thank you, that means something to me Dr :mrgreen:
Polished landscapes was rejected by Korinov if I remember correct. Anyway it is his decission. But if I remember right, scenes need some adjustment when using p. landscapes, because some tree models are simply becoming three of four. Sometimes that's bad if you have f.e. a tree in the middle of a garden and suddenly it's a bunch growing through benches and tables.

Back
Top Bottom