Scene creating and server hosting guides

Users who are viewing this thread

Good morning, I am making a survival scene for a special event and want to add the Fog and the Night skybox, normaly, using the "edit weather" works, but here the fog get out after I reload the scene ( I did the Update Weather function too ), about the skybox, while I am mooving the sun, the skybox doesn't change, my questions are simples : How can I set up the fog (alltime) on the scene ? / How can I change the skybox for the Night One ?

Thanks you.

HitoKiri said:
  Good morning, I am making a survival scene for a special event and want to add the Fog and the Night skybox, normaly, using the "edit weather" works, but here the fog get out after I reload the scene ( I did the Update Weather function too ), about the skybox, while I am mooving the sun, the skybox doesn't change, my questions are simples : How can I set up the fog (alltime) on the scene ? / How can I change the skybox for the Night One ?

Thanks you.

pw_scene_cloud somethingorother- set var2 to 99.

pw_scene_daytime (or something like that) and var1 (iThink, when you re-load the map after setting it should change if not use var2); 0-23 are the options 1 is 1 and 0 is mid-night (iThink, not sure).

It's ok I found it, I had to go into the Scene Edit > Edit Object, create the pw_scene_cloud_haze ( var2 : 99 - for fog ) and create pw_scene_day_time ( set up the var : 23 - for night ) and this is all I wanted, thanks you ! Didn't understand that was an object.

One question.

What means this 2 parameters (I've highlighted it in red)
scn_scene_3 scene_3 256 none none 0.000000 0.000000 700.000000 700.000000 -100.000000 0x0000000330000500000d23480000321e0000734300002863
outer_terrain_pw_1

Is that additional way to change scene dimentions? I said that because values ​​of these two parameters correlates (on my sight) with dimentions of scene.
But attempt to change it gives no visible effect.

In one word, i want to make very large scene. Terrain generator makes it not so large. What i must to do?

aradriel said:
In one word, i want to make very large scene. Terrain generator makes it not so large. What i must to do?
I haven't been able to figure out what those numbers you highlighted do - they are probably for some old single player feature. To make the scene size as large as possible you need to edit the terrain code: change the size in the terrain generator to see which digits are modified, then set it to the highest hexadecimal number that will fit, and regenerate the scene.

Vornne said:
aradriel said:
I haven't been able to figure out what those numbers you highlighted do - they are probably for some old single player feature. To make the scene size as large as possible you need to edit the terrain code: change the size in the terrain generator to see which digits are modified, then set it to the highest hexadecimal number that will fit, and regenerate the scene.

Thnx, i know it, but "terrain generator makes not so large scenes" =)

I compared size of generated scenes and downloaded scenes - they have very diffrent size. Furthermore, those parameters grows up with size of scene. =)

And one more detail. For those "large" scenes was used another map mesh :"outer_terrain_pw_1 " is that answer on my question?

aradriel said:
And one more detail. For those "large" scenes was used another map mesh :"outer_terrain_pw_1 " is that answer on my question?
No, read this again, carefully:
Vornne said:
To make the scene size as large as possible you need to edit the terrain code: change the size in the terrain generator to see which digits are modified, then set it to the highest hexadecimal number that will fit, and regenerate the scene.
In other words, you must adjust the long "terrain code" manually.

I have a general problem with the Edit Mode, particalarry with the buttom options of the screen which I cannot see due to my 1024x768 monitor. Is there any way I can at least use the Greund Paint option ?

The PW enabled trees and iron ore stones i put down (Ones that you can get materials from) dont seem to work.
I create a multiplayer dedicated server, go onto, get a axe or pick and hit them, it plays the sounds and stuff but doesnt spawn the objects.
However, if i go into Godlike mode and do it with the Invisible sword, it does work.
Any idea's on whats wrong?

Swadian Man at Arms said:
I have a general problem with the Edit Mode, particalarry with the buttom options of the screen which I cannot see due to my 1024x768 monitor. Is there any way I can at least use the Greund Paint option ?
Don't really know, as I run warband with linux, but you might be able to enable some setting or install a utility that allows you to grab and shift the position of a window.
Pushkin_The_Poor said:
I create a multiplayer dedicated server, go onto, get a axe or pick and hit them, it plays the sounds and stuff but doesnt spawn the objects.
However, if i go into Godlike mode and do it with the Invisible sword, it does work.
Sounds like you are testing without labouring skill or the correct tool, which will take a long time to get any resources, if ever.

Good day, I am trying to add "ambiant sounds" things, I understood how to use their var. but I wanted to know if there was a solution for read loop before add it in game. I tried to read .ogg things from "sounds" folder, that is not possible (as I do).
Thanks you ! 

HitoKiri said:
  Good day, I am trying to add "ambiant sounds" things, I understood how to use their var. but I wanted to know if there was a solution for read loop before add it in game. I tried to read .ogg things from "sounds" folder, that is not possible (as I do).
Sorry, this doesn't make much sense. To have a looping sound, open sounds.txt and count the number of lines from snd_fire_loop to the sound you want to play and set var2 to 127 for looping, as specified in the edit mode information window.

Yes yes, I understood this, it's ok. Can you please explain me the fonctionement of the object that we put, the "ambiant-sound" got activated when you pass ON it ( with 100% chance of read for var2 = 127 ) if it's this ( and I am likely sure this is it-as Editing Information- but this is weird - ) how can we know the aera that the ambient sound will work on ? Or it got activated on a area of var2=x meters ? Thanks you.

For myself, ambient sounds doesn't work-probably I don't know how to use it -on dedicated server too, with activated sounds/music-, that is why I am not able to experiment by myself.

I was looking for a nice interior for my Arabian keep but I couldn't find any. But while messing in CommonRes I actually found an interior called spr_arabian_interior_keep_b which doesn't exist in scene_props.txt, but it's still being used in Native. Is there any way I can add it to my scene ?

I used a python script to see if there were any other interior used as the base for scenes that I didn't add as scene props, and these are the ones found and added:

arabian_interior_keep_a
arabian_interior_keep_b
interior_house_extension_h
interior_prison_o
interior_town_house_steppe_c
interior_town_house_steppe_d
interior_town_house_steppe_g
training_house_a

Note that the new arabian interiors are very complex: the _a mesh has about 35000 faces and the _b one about 12000, compared to all the other existing meshes ranging from about 1500 to 6000; so you probably don't want to use many of them, or use any at all if your scene already has low FPS for players.

Vornne said:
I used a python script to see if there were any other interior used as the base for scenes that I didn't add as scene props, and these are the ones found and added:

arabian_interior_keep_a
arabian_interior_keep_b
interior_house_extension_h
interior_prison_o
interior_town_house_steppe_c
interior_town_house_steppe_d
interior_town_house_steppe_g
training_house_a

Note that the new arabian interiors are very complex: the _a mesh has about 35000 faces and the _b one about 12000, compared to all the other existing meshes ranging from about 1500 to 6000; so you probably don't want to use many of them, or use any at all if your scene already has low FPS for players.

The _b one is more than enough for my scene, thanks. :smile:

I am sorry but I still don't understand how "ambiant_sounds" works (after some tries - 2hours - still don't working for me), can someone is able to answer at this questions please ?
_How can I know the area that the ambiant_sounds will works on ?
_Is that working when you walk only ON it ? Approximatively how much meters ?

Thanks you.

I'm testing my map through my dedicated server and the trees don't lose any hp nor drop any wood. I couldn't find any guide lines about this, so... any ideas?

Furnardan said:
I'm testing my map through my dedicated server and the trees don't lose any hp nor drop any wood. I couldn't find any guide lines about this, so... any ideas?
Are you using either the admin godlike hero or another troop that has labouring skill, with a woodcutting axe or hatchet?

Back
Top Bottom