[S] Scaedumar Mod - Beta version released

Users who are viewing this thread

What's wrong ?

adszck.jpg

horse is not running.

@JoseCuervo : Your poor men are literally falling asleep  :grin:
I will implement some Messages when your exhaustion gets too big, so you will get reminded to camp/rest before such things happen. I think a orange reminder at 50% and a red reminder at 75% should be enough.
Maybe a forced camp would be also nice when exhaustion is over 90%, i will look into that.

Crossbow Joe said:
I think you should also take trainer into account with the weapon proficiency loss. Because they would be training their weaponry skills during the day even if they are not fighting.

Surely not when the party is moving? You can always go to a training field, although perhaps this should be possible through the camp menu (there would be lots of suitable places to train your men in real life, in fact pretty much anywhere in the countryside, rather than having to go to a specific training field on the world map). I do think the player should have to do a training session though, rather than getting automatic points, since it doesn't make sense for a marching or sleeping army to be able to train.

DanAngleland said:
You can always go to a training field, although perhaps this should be possible through the camp menu (there would be lots of suitable places to train your men in real life, in fact pretty much anywhere in the countryside, rather than having to go to a specific training field on the world map). I do think the player should have to do a training session though, rather than getting automatic points, since it doesn't make sense for a marching or sleeping army to be able to train.

Thats a nice suggestion, i will put it on my list for further improvements (Training in camps) - you should be able to duel with your troops, train them etc.
A simple implementation would be just through menus, but i guess a unique scenery for this would be also nice.

I improved the exhaustion system, it takes now the morale of your party into account when calculating the time you can travel without penality (every 10 points morale will give you 1 more hour).
It shows some messages now when your exhaustion gets too high and when you still push your party forward without getting them time to recover they will force you to camp (currently this comes at 80% exhaustion)
Exhaustion, Wound System and Weapon Proficiency Loss can now be turned on/off in game-options menu.

Just on training ...I allways thought it strange that troops get experience on the march
sure a little as they share stories...survive the gruling pace we make them move :grin:
training centres and camping should be the major time
Actually finding some where and instructing or getting more experience troops to pass on there knowledge

Abhuva said:
I improved the exhaustion system, it takes now the morale of your party into account when calculating the time you can travel without penality (every 10 points morale will give you 1 more hour).
Good. Does it take into account pathfinding?

I rested for a whole day and night and set out from Ichamur to Halmar (pathfinding skill 2).
Dawn: speed 5.7
Morning: speed 5.5
Noon: speed 5.3
Afternoon: speed 5.1
Late afternoon: speed 4.9
Dusk: speed 4.7

Then night fell and I had reached Uhhun castle - about 3/4 of the way.
Cheated up the pathfinding skill to 6 and took the same route (same party). Started with speed 6.6 and ended with speed 5.6.
It's quite frustrating  :cry:

We have something similar in Brytenwalda where morale goes down if you don't rest,
and several people are complaining it's too much, even though it only requires a few nights rest per week to not affect morale.

Atm the following things are taken into account to get the time you can travel without penality:
(morale isnt in alpha, but its implemented now and will be available in openbeta)

pathfinding (every 3 skillpoints / 1 hour more), leadership (every 2 sp / 1 h more), morale (every 10 / 1h more) -> this determines the time you can travel without penality.
Basicly it works with a kind of stamina, every hour traveling your stamina increases by 1 point (2 during night) - this is not affected by any stats.
If your stamina gets over the limit the difference will be substracted from your party-travel-speed.
For example:
pathfinding 6, leadership 6, morale 80 --> 2 + 3 + 8 --> 13 hours without penality
after traveling 14 hours your speed will decrease by 1% for each hour (or 2% for the night).

I could imagine increasing the trigger time according to some stats, maybe this would improve this more.
(like every 1 hour normal, when  leadership/pathfinding average - every 2 hours, high skills and morale - every 3 hours).

I still really like this feature, but i see that with too many complaints this needs to be more balanced.
Atleast for the openbeta there will be the option to completely turn it off. (imo this feels like cheating, but hey - i dont want to harass the players, i want them to enjoy the things)

I am happy that you still test it (even when its frustrating), its so much easier to find solutions/balance for this with that feedback - i normally dont play my own mod =P only quick testing and modding.

Edit: some info on the progress
i will change the horses again, there will be less horses but way more defined (i tooked a close look at heavenly horses mod and really liked the idea).
basicly every faction will have their own unique set of horses with real differences in stats.
This will also improve the performance on low-end-systems (lesser textures to load into memory).

seasonal system is growing, winter scenes are working for normal battle maps now (if you fight on plain/ steppe / forest during winter time you will see a snowy version of the scenes).

Also i am in the progress of preparing my armour/helmets list to include the penality for heavy armours script - this means if you wear heavy armour / helmet your stats for certain skills will decrease (agility, horse riding, archery).
(this should work for every kind of troops)

Abhuva said:
Also i am in the progress of preparing my armour/helmets list to include the penality for heavy armours script - this means if you wear heavy armour / helmet your stats for certain skills will decrease (agility, horse riding, archery).
(this should work for every kind of troops)
Interesting. Here's a discussion/feedback on 'armour skill penalty' in Brytenwalda:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,144772.0.html

I like it.

I think you should also take into account the player's Charsima Attribute as well. A more charismatic leader would be able to encourage the men to greater efforts, or at least help negate moral hits ("hey men, we can rest now and get slaughtered by morning, or we can march through the night"). Perhaps add new skills that would give the player a way to negate the effects of this feature....

:grin: Its getting more and more complex.

Your charisma and party morale changes how often the trigger runs (ranging from 0.2 hours to 3.2 hours).

I will give 3 examples of stats and how they affect the exhaustion times:

Cha 5, pathfinding 3, leadership 4, morale 60  ->  14 hours without exhaustion, if you travel longer you will loose 1% mapspeed every 1.4 hour
cha 20, pathfinding 6, leadership 6, morale 40 -> 13 hours without exhaustion, if you travel longer you loose 1% every 1.4 hours.
cha 30, pathfinding 10, leader 10, morale 100 -> 56 hours without exhaustion, if you travel longer you loose 1% every 3.2 hours.
(i hope i got the numbers right, the interacting of the triggers is now really complex)

This means Charisma and Morale are the mainstats now for getting lesser travel-speed penality.
I am still open for every kind of suggestion regarding this =)

charisma (1/6) and morale (1/10) affects how often trigger is called (0.2 - 3.2 hours).
when trigger is called your stamina increases by 1 (or 2 for night)
if stamina is greater than lower limit you begin to loose speed (1% for every point above the limit)
lower limit is pathfinding (1/3), leadership (1/2) and morale (1/10)
you decrease stamina by resting (2 / hour for camp, 3/hour for town)
at 50 and 70 points above limit you will get warning messages
if your stamina is 80 points greater than the limit your party will automatically camp.
note that higher stamina means more exhaustion...
I am real happy about the system now, i think its less annoying (you can travel 1 day and night at game start and later like 3-4 days without getting much speed penality, but you still need to rest from time to time). Thx for the feedback and suggestions regarding this.

Is there anyone still carrying about this mod? I have an error while loading, I'm pretty sure it's caused by my game version - 1.134, not 1.132. I'd really like to play this mod, is there any way to make it work on my current Warband version, or prodably patch Warband down? I have a steam version, so when I re-download and reinstall it I have the latest version. Prodably I'd have to download older version of WB, install it over, etc. etc. Is there any other option to play this mod on the version I have?

@Dragomir : Yes, i am still carrying =) I had some serious issues with my pc-hard and software the last months and lost a good amount of work, i am atm trying to get back as much as possible (luckily i backup my modified .py files - so i guess i can recover from this)

What exactly is that error? Can you describe it a bit more in detail please?

I will try to port to 1.134 as soon as i get my system running again.
You could try to install a seperate version of Warband 1.132 (i guess there is one in the repository and using the registration key for Warband stored in your registry - there should be some guides somewhere here in the forum floating around describing this process a bit more in detail)

Unfortunately i can not give an ETA at this time (having huge amounts of real life work going on till end of february) - but if nothing goes wrong it should be ready like mid to end of march.

I am glad you havent left this mod it shows real promise and some very inovative ideas !!! looking forward for real life to let you get back to it

@Dragomir : I finished installing my new 1.134 version of the game (using a non-steam version from taleworlds download page), downloaded the mod from repository - and it was working without any problems.
Now i am not sure why you have problems getting this to run, please post more details on the error so we can solve this (or try to install a seperate 1.134 version without steam (you can get the activation key in your registry via regedit).

@Abhuva
Abhuva said:
What exactly is that error? Can you describe it a bit more in detail please?

When I click "Play Warband" in the first window, game normally loads to show me the main menu. It passes the processing of ini file, loads the textures, but when it comes to "Loading Setting Data" it terminates the application with RGL ERROR message box, that says: "get_object failed for body: bo_arena_block_j_a". It seems that it can't load something, like model or animation. Unfortunately I have no idea how to get it to work, and I suppose if I deal with  bo_arena_block_j_a, more messages like that would occur (I modded Morrowind, when something was missing only the first one appeared in error box, prodably in WB it's the same).

PS. Thanks for reply :wink: I'd really like to try this mod out.

This is actually real strange, the bo_ thingy missing is a collision model from native mount and blade.
I am not sure about steam versions of the game, but it shouldnt happen. Does the install process of the mod copied all items from native first and then continued to install all other data?
I am not sure atm in which exact brf file that collision model is stored, but the mod should have normally access to all native/common datas.
Does anything seems fishy when you installed the mod with the installer or all went smooth?

Abhuva said:
This is actually real strange, the bo_ thingy missing is a collision model from native mount and blade.
I am not sure about steam versions of the game, but it shouldnt happen. Does the install process of the map copied all items from native first and then continued to install all other data?
I am not sure atm in which exact brf file that collision model is stored, but the mod should have normally access to all native/common datas.
Does anything seems fishy when you installed the mod with the installer or all went smooth?

Only thing that was wrong while installing the mod, was that unknown version of Warband has been detected. That's why I was so sure that it's a version problem, the mod was released before 1.134 so obviusly the installer wouldn't detect it.
All the messages in installer message box had extract in the beginning, I'm not sure if there supposed to be copy or something.
In case if installer didn't copy everything from Native, I copied it by hand and renamed to Scaedumar, than reinstalled the mod. I'm afraid it also could replace the whole folder and delete it's content. Anyway, still same error.

Seems that is  something related to steam-version (and maybe the NSIS installer system i am using) - i tried it myself with a non-steam 1.134 version of the game and the installer detected the right version (a message popping up informing you about that) and if you proceed with the install all worked.

If its not a too big thing for you please try out to use a non - steam version of the game (use the download from taleworlds download section - the second download link worked with 500kb/s for me). If you have a 5x5 digit registration key for steam (like me) use regedit to show your registry and search there for the warband key (http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,107972.msg2640814.html#msg2640814  ---> this link shows the process in more detail, unfortunately in german =P)

Like i said, the mod works without problems with the latest non-steam version of the game.

For me it looks like that for unknown reasons the mod dont have access to the commonres directory of the game (and i never experienced such things with non-steam versions)

The installer should be able to detect the steam-version of the game as far as i know (never tried this myself tough).

Back
Top Bottom