[S] Light&Darkness - Heroes of Calradia. Upgrade to v1.040 (Jun. 6, 2013)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
nora_lee said:
What to do and achieve with the clues?
1st_Jaeger_Sch_Hische77 said:
ok... lulz, I need some help, where to go for the horn is telling me something about a dinner that they all saw or something??? Then there is a clue talking about some holy place, please help!!
Not the horn but the clue implies something in Derchios Castle, nearest to Dirhrim of Swadia. Then do as:
1) Equiped with the five clues, Mirror of Truth and some stones(bought in shop or loot from river pirates)
2) Enter the castle, check the walls through the mirror to find the hidden place above when you face to the skeleton and stand on the table.
3) Shoot your stones at the men of straw (right and then left). Repeat shooting (successfully-with straws drops) until you achieve the scroll.
4) Read the "Secret Scroll" (as books) to learn the special skill - "Cloudy Storm".
*It will take 72 hours for the study. Click key - ''Z'' to use the special skill while fighting.
*If you do not have all the clues or get the clues by a cheat, you will achieve "Sunflower Scroll" instead.
Where do I get the ''mirror of Truth??'' and On the horn, it talks about a holy place and something being stronger, where is this place ahh, I am so bad at clues like this..

I have a small problem in my game, whenever I'm in a specific part of the veagir empire I get the cutscene in which a ice troll is fighting some taiga bandits. I manage to kill the beast and then the screen goes black like it's going into another cutscene, but then my game crashes.

Is there a way to fix my game from crashing at this point, should I have done something specific before the ice troll part, do I need to avoid this part or is this mandatory for the main story line?

I would very much like to hear from you, this mod has quickly become one of my all time favorites. :smile:

Edit:
The problem solved itself.

This time the battle was suddenly held at the bridge near Ulburan instead of close to Ulburan self and it just worked perfectly now. Very strange, but I am happy.

nora_lee said:
What to do and achieve with the clues?
ok... lulz, I need some help, where to go for the horn is telling me something about a dinner that they all saw or something??? Then there is a clue talking about some holy place, please help!!
Not the horn but the clue implies something in Derchios Castle, nearest to Dirhrim of Swadia. Then do as:
1) Equiped with the five clues, Mirror of Truth and some stones(bought in shop or loot from river pirates)
2) Enter the castle, check the walls through the mirror to find the hidden place above when you face to the skeleton and stand on the table.
3) Shoot your stones at the men of straw (right and then left). Repeat shooting (successfully-with straws drops) until you achieve the scroll.
4) Read the "Secret Scroll" (as books) to learn the special skill - "Cloudy Storm".
*It will take 72 hours for the study. Click key - ''Z'' to use the special skill while fighting.
*If you do not have all the clues or get the clues by a cheat, you will achieve "Sunflower Scroll" instead.
Where do I get the ''mirror of Truth??'' and On the horn, it talks about a holy place and something being stronger, where is this place ahh, I am so bad at clues like this..
What to do for the third gem
Suppose you should go to join and win the National Tournament for the third gem as the Horn implies now.  Please check and do step by step, as:
1) You have met Garneeve and beaten Hel;
2) Visit one of the other three countries than the two where you got the first two gems. Talk to tavernkeeper and ask "What are people talking about these days..." to get his/her reply with the news about the National Tournament.
3) Talk to the boss of the tournament. He will tell you how to enroll.
4) Finish the quests to be qualified to participate the National Tournament.
5) Join and win the National Tournament. (Do not forget to back the special award)
6) Achieve the third gem as well a special award.

"Mirror of Truth" is on the island across the sea. You will get the log updated when you met Garneeve (from Dark side) again after the National Tournament. (For more details, please read my earlier post on Page 16.)

Edit: The "Horn of Star" is leading you to find the gems, with the main story develops; whereas the clues 1~5 will help you find a Secret Scroll to learn a special skill, just for a branch line.  Totally different! :wink:

I've managed to fix the Calradia History text as it was bothering me.

You can find it here:

http://mountandblade.nexusmods.com/download/3090

Simply overwrite the old quick_strings.csv file within the en folder.

The guide is, storywise, complete (only missing the dark side ending) and some things I don't know: The lost knight, the cave under the lake

could anyone tell me more?

Maybe you should just add that when you join the dark side you shouldn't go to Zendar anymore cause there's a bug and you can't exit the town. A lot of people have talked about it, so it's more likely a certain to happen bug rather than a possible bug.

but then the quest line isnt complete?

and do you know something about this lost knight?

edit: this is one of my parties after the guide :p (my freedom knights and maxed units are in the secret lair)
endgame.jpg

Flipping heck! Is that the shield you get from the goddess in the river? I've only crossed the river with a steel shield so far, haven't found an iron one:sad:

Also the dudes behind you (hmm, swadian sergeants maybe?) What formation are they standing in? I mean are my eyes tricking me or have you got several rows next to each other? I only get bloody lines, no rows so far:sad:

Swadian knights, its in camp walk around they auto stand like this

yes its the shield of fate :p check my guide :grin:

just kidding, pirate king and female bandit captains drop them, keep on grinding them (with as much looting and an as small as possible party to increase the amount of loot)
took me about 12 parties of female bandits.

Really? When I walk around in camp there's just about ten guards and npc heroes... yeah maybe I should get back to pirates and raiders, I've been doing the forest bandit quest for leaven/told for three or four days now, seems I've wiped out every forest bandit there is and even Borcha can't find them:sad:

just wait for them to spawn again ^^ do some tournaments or anything in the meantime

i guess it depends on where you are for this to hapen in camp. This picture was taken near the lake in Rhodok land.

edit:

small hint for the companion parties, you should really place something so we can see how much troops they can carry with them.

Also i gave them plenty of food but still they desert because there is no food...

edit 2: ow and make them listen to your orders in battle :p

edit 3: i was wondering what is planned for this mod now, and what is currently being worked on?

@IcemI

It depends. As Nora said, if during numerous dialogs during the game you always choose the right ad honourable answer when people ask a personal question, then you will not get the option of joining the dark side. Try being an *******, Vader likes that.

@manekemaan
Done editing yet?:grin:

I'm not sure if anyone else has asked this but is there supposed to be a battle continuation after you are knocked unconscious? Because most good mods have it, but it is strangely absent from this mod. I tried adding it with tweakMB but it isn't working for some reason. Can someone post how to add continuous battles after you die since I have no idea how to do it?

get the shield of destiny/fate then(in battle it is called the shield of destiny when it's power is used)
that will prolong it, I also recommend getting better armor, a good helmet, and a bow or crossbow, and staying away from the main fight.

thomasNL01 said:
get the shield of destiny/fate then(in battle it is called the shield of destiny when it's power is used)
that will prolong it, I also recommend getting better armor, a good helmet, and a bow or crossbow, and staying away from the main fight.
Where can I find the guide to tell me how to get it?

They started from scratch aswell!

Little trick on how you can practice fighting against bots:
It is in some way cheating, but still a good way to train. Make a new profile, doesn't matter what mod. Have cheating on. There is a button for slow motion, F9 methinks.  Now first do some arena fights with this to learn what I consider to be the very basics of combat: you block when the enemy attacks, and attack right after then when he's not blocking yet. Bots will by definition just keep on smashing on tou, but it's easy to smack them back between those two attacks. After you've mastered it in the arena, go on fighting troops better than you in equipment and stats. Challenge a lord or something. You can cheat a few extra men so the enemy won't massrape you. Start 1vs1 against heavy infantry (maybe swadian) with beginning equipment. After some practise you can defeat three Swadian sergeants with a rusty sword (it works as well as a shield and won't break when blocking, save your shield for ranged enemies). Now try without slow-mo. Aaand you've mastered the art of fighting bots. Of course cav and archers are a different story, but that's why you can carry a spear to dismount cav and a shield to block arrows. No bot has beat me.

Option Two:
Get a badass army and sick equipment and put settings on easy and rape river pirates. Works too.

To get the shield of destiny you have to cross the Yu/Ewu river (the river near Zendar) with an iron shield equipped. An iron shield is a rare drop from top-tier sea raiders. Nabar and his kings carry those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom