[S] Diplomacy & Conquest beta

Users who are viewing this thread

Yes I apologise i messed up troops file have rectified the problem just download the file

Download Diplomacy & Conquest beta 1.12 again has the right troops file included now

Apologises

Kinsume said:
Edit : The problem was caused by your mod. Something to do with your chanselor adding and stuff, it intertwined with the upgrade paths and such.

Edit 2 : It might be a good idea when meshing the mods together like you've been doing, to do the 81 Units last so that the linked troops don't get mixed up. The other mods might have different paths, which would overwrite the 81 Units troop trees. Which is probably what happened here.

Yes I apologise i messed up troops file have rectified the problem just download the file

Download Diplomacy & Conquest beta 1.12 again has the right troops file included now

Apologises

No worries, was just pointing it out for ya. Thanks for getting it fixes, I wasn't really looking forward to having to go in there and do it myself xD I do however want to mention that I've taken a semi-interest in the game again and I will be setting up a series of new general quests that other mods will be capable of using as well. Since this is a collaboration mod they'd probably fit in here quite well. I'm getting the basics of quest making down now, but by the time I'm finished I'm looking to have 5 more quests for Lords/Ladys/Village Elders/Guild Masters, and plan on making a castle npc that gives quests. Overall approximately 25 new quests will be added in it.

This is all assuming I can get it all figured out in terms of the coding, however for the quests themselves I've already got them all planned out.

Edit : On a side note, you may want to update your original post with the new 1.12 download link.

Hey Arcadiazone

Having a ball with your mod mate, keep up the good work  :grin:

The no dachi and bow thing ain`t any biggie, simply don`t buy them or use them if not happy about them.

This mod has a lot of great potential to build on, just take your time and don`t get burnt out like other modders do :wink:

Not sure where this bug lies, but when hosting feasts, the quest starts and completes itself usually before the day is out and any lord has a chance to come to the feast.

ImpulseReflex said:
Not sure where this bug lies, but when hosting feasts, the quest starts and completes itself usually before the day is out and any lord has a chance to come to the feast.

Also had this problem in default native so also not sure if a bug or just really fast eating lords

Wyrmhewer said:
Hey Arcadiazone

Having a ball with your mod mate, keep up the good work  :grin:

The no dachi and bow thing ain`t any biggie, simply don`t buy them or use them if not happy about them.

This mod has a lot of great potential to build on, just take your time and don`t get burnt out like other modders do :wink:

Thats true, do not rush things. Maybe you should first start balancing units and add some extra nice features or maybe use some stuff from the Commander Mod before trying to work on stuff that takes a lot more time like, getting in new skins for troops or better siege stuff etc.

It is a really nice mod, its just too bad that Rhodok's got cavalry. They should not have cavalry! :wink:

and the new mini mod update is not saved game compatible.

A few things that you should add into this mod on top of what's already here.

1) Ask the Litus mod people if you can use their map. It's the same layout as the current one, but much better textured. It'd look alot nicer.

2) Speak with the Calderia at War mod people and ask them about the Recruiter code and watch tower building.

Off the top of my head, those are the three next content additions I believe should be added to this compilation mod. They would fit in quite nicely with the other stuff that has been added in.

As for your question concerning the feasts. They are like the tournaments and are given a set range of days that they can last I believe. For example tournaments can stay open for up to 12-14 days as it is defaulted but you can change that value to make it longer or shorter. I'm pretty sure that feasts can last between 1-3 days. If you want to make it longer you'd have to find the code attached to that value and alter it accordingly. Unfortunately I don't know where it would be located.

By the way, the troop numbers are way out of wack. I understand you're going for large battles and stuff like that, but you can't just up the player's troop numbers without upping the amount of morale we get per leadership as well. Keep in mind for every troop we have we lose 1 morale, so at like 200-300 days into the game when everyone else has armies in the 300-400 range size wise, we can only have maybe 200 troops without going into the negatives with morale.

Personally I have set my party sizes to these amounts...

AI Lords
20 Base
10 Per Leadership
20 Renown
100 bonus to faction leaders

Your Party
30 Base
10 Per Leadership
20 Renown
40 Morale per Leadership

The way this plays out is simple. Level 1 you'd have a party max size of about 70. 30base+30 from Leadership+5 for renown+5 I forgot what the last modifier was. Whatever. Then later on down the road at say 200-300 days when you're level 18 or so. 30base+70 from Leadership+(800/20=40) Renown+(Whatever that other modifier is. So thats about 140 max troops. Thats assuming you only have level 7 leadership by level 18, as well as only have 800 renown by level 18. Both are capable of being even higher than that with ease.

I see you are trying to make the AI a bit more difficult or challenging by making their army sizes bigger. This wont really help because it will just take longer to kill them than making it harder.

One suggestion that I can give is by making their reinforcement troop type better.

Open the M&B Warband Mod Tool, go to Party Template editor and you will see there is pt_kingdom_1_Reinforcements_a, pt_kingdom_1_Reinforcements_b and pt_kingdom_1_Reinforcements_c

Someone explained this on a different post http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,46290.msg1270446.html#msg1270446 (at the bottom)

pt_kingdom_1_Reinforcements_a reinforces 65% and pt_kingdom_1_Reinforcements_b reinforces 35% to Cities and Castles.
pt_kingdom_1_Reinforcements_a reinforces 50%, pt_kingdom_1_Reinforcements_b reinforces 25% and pt_kingdom_1_Reinforcements_c reinforces 25% to AI Lords.

There you can say what troop each faction's City, Castle and AI lords should get and how many of each troop. This gets a bit tricky because if you put too many troops in pt_kingdom_1_Reinforcements_a then it will get over populated. Good example is I have added 4 extra troops in that list and then the cities had something like 600 troops garrisoned, the AI lords wont get too many because they are limited to skills.

What I thought about is to take out all the low end troops and populate it with stronger troops, this can end up good or bad for the player.

Firstly you early game will be F***ing hard because all the AI lords will have very powerful troops, so you will have to live off bandits for a while and level that Trainer skill. End game will be a lot more fun because the towns will have tough troops in and the AI lords wont be a walkover.

Just remember that the Towns wont get the new reinforcements with an old save game, once they lose some troops it will then spawn the new amounts, if you want to see the changes ASAP then you need to start a new game

There are more information about scripts and other stuff on http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,46290.0.html but it is made for M&B and not for Warband, some of the things in there are different now.

I have also tried to change is the amount of income the caravans brings in for the Towns but I only see numbers there and I have no idea how to understand that :wink:

I wish I had more time to play around with the pt_kingdom_1_Reinforcements because if you can find a decent balance for the reinforcements the game will really be more fun and challenging.

Now for me its getting a big army and run over every AI lord I can find. It is really boring with ANY mod I am playing now.

The other problem I got is after I have changed some of those reinforcements I got a script error from the Diplomacy mod, when I tried to send out the recruiter from my castle it spammed me with errors but the game still went on and it came from the Party Template txt file so I had to made a new clean copy and start over again :wink:

I have actually looked into the troop spawning, for example the Sarranid has only mamluke in pt_kingdom_6_Reinforcements_c, so 25% of the total troops given to the AI lords of the Sarranid is mamluk, each will get 3-6 mamlukes do not know howmany times.

The castles and towns of the Sarranid will only get Footmen, Recruits, Archers and Skirmishers, from there I think the AI lords take troops as they please and put in some other troops etc.

Like I said, this will take a lot of time to make it perfect for the AI and Player. I will keep on playing around with this when ever I get time and share my reports on this matter.

For now I have increased the Mount Troop wages to 250 so that I find it hard to keep up a big cavalry army and focus more on infantry :wink:

Kinsume said:
By the way, the troop numbers are way out of wack. I understand you're going for large battles and stuff like that, but you can't just up the player's troop numbers without upping the amount of morale we get per leadership as well. Keep in mind for every troop we have we lose 1 morale, so at like 200-300 days into the game when everyone else has armies in the 300-400 range size wise, we can only have maybe 200 troops without going into the negatives with morale.

AI Lords
20 Base
10 Per Leadership
20 Renown

Your Party
30 Base
10 Per Leadership
20 Renown
40 Morale per Leadership

The way this plays out is simple. Level 1 you'd have a party max size of about 70. 30base+30 from Leadership+5 for renown+5 I forgot what the last modifier was. Whatever. Then later on down the road at say 200-300 days when you're level 18 or so. 30base+70 from Leadership+(800/20=40) Renown+(Whatever that other modifier is. So thats about 140 max troops. Thats assuming you only have level 7 leadership by level 18, as well as only have 800 renown by level 18. Both are capable of being even higher than that with ease.

As I said earlier, my experience reflects this. Armies get ridiculously huge for the AI, but hampered by moral, it become my 100 elite knights vs 1000 crap t1-3 guys.  I support this suggestion.

And yes, to those saying "just change the values yourself," we are capable of doing so. Just trying to offer advice so that the complete mod experience can be excellent even without tweaking.

Keep up the good work!

Tokashi, that would make the problem even worse. We're trying to be able to field large armies without going too low morale wise.

Also I've found a bug, which I'll explain in detail...

So I'm a vassal of the Nords (Until I decide to take over Ragnar's position) and most of them love me. We recently took Dhirim Town from Swadia and I was appointed the leader. Now first off it didn't allow me to build anything in it other than the messenger post and prisoner tower. So either it has the other upgrades already or something is messed up. Now I started building a prisoner tower. I then went in and tossed the 4 enemy lords I had with my into the garrison's prisoners. The tower still had 36 days until it was finished. Then I went into my castle and spoke with my chamberlin (Or whatever one has the option to free a prisoner). Wanting to try it out I saved the game (Good thing I did because this was a game breaking bug). I then released both prisoners, it showed the regular text of so and so has been released. You gain honor. Ect. I then opened my screen to look at my honor and it had jumped from 13 to 473. My first reaction was WTF?, then I looked at my faction lord's relations and like 8 of the enemy factions lords had 150-170 relation with me now. It made me laugh pretty hard. I proceeded to reload my other save, and now they're staying in the tower. Just figured I'd let you know the bug. I'll try to reproduce for a picture.

mbwar-20100613-191150.png

mbwar-20100613-191144.png

mbwar-20100613-191141.png

Ffs right as I tabbed back into the game I saved out of habit without remembering that I was remaking this bug to take pictures of. There goes my hard earned work -.-

dude this has happened to me ALOT... i have... well had before i updated patch so game restarted.... i had about 1000 relation ship with about 7 lords...

So you just abused it, to each their own I suppose. Personally I consider it a game breaking event. I've stopped playing that play through. Might start a new one up shortly.

Thanks guys for all replies they all make sense, will tone down trops trees in next update as well as AI Lord Troop trees.

The relationship problem is with the diplomacy MOD, which has a few little bugs in it.
Another one is being unable to relocate Court when have own kingdom.

Am looking into the coding of my mod and diplomacy to try n fix

ImpulseReflex said:
Kinsume said:

AI Lords
20 Base
10 Per Leadership
20 Renown

Your Party
30 Base
10 Per Leadership
20 Renown
40 Morale per Leadership

As I said earlier, my experience reflects this. Armies get ridiculously huge for the AI, but hampered by moral, it become my 100 elite knights vs 1000 crap t1-3 guys.  I support this suggestion.

And yes, to those saying "just change the values yourself," we are capable of doing so. Just trying to offer advice so that the complete mod experience can be excellent even without tweaking.

Keep up the good work!

Kinsume said:
Tokashi, that would make the problem even worse. We're trying to be able to field large armies without going too low morale wise.

Read that, then read my post after his. I did not say make our renown high, I said make the lords renown per party slot high so that they do not get big armies. At some point their armies are huge.

Anyway I have set my renown per party member to 30. It is better for me anyway, I still own with a normal size army because of the crappy AI lord troop reinforcements (every mod got that same problem anyway)

arcadiazone said:
Thanks guys for all replies they all make sense, will tone down trops trees in next update as well as AI Lord Troop trees.

The relationship problem is with the diplomacy MOD, which has a few little bugs in it.

What do you mean about toning down troop trees? Maybe give an example

Tokashi said:
ImpulseReflex said:
Kinsume said:

AI Lords
20 Base
10 Per Leadership
20 Renown

Your Party
30 Base
10 Per Leadership
20 Renown
40 Morale per Leadership

Keep up the good work!

Kinsume said:

Read that, then read my post after his. I did not say make our renown high, I said make the lords renown per party slot high so that they do not get big armies. At some point their armies are huge.

Anyway I have set my renown per party member to 30. It is better for me anyway, I still own with a normal size army because of the crappy AI lord troop reinforcements (every mod got that same problem anyway)

arcadiazone said:

What do you mean about toning down troop trees? Maybe give an example

Sorry meant toning down AI troops

On troop treees was changing look adding  weapons and uniforms

Back
Top Bottom