[S]1257 AD (improved) - old discussions

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been getting the following errors playing through the .6 release.  Also is there a place where the different troop trees are laid out?

Kidnappers mission in the intro quest chain is still broken.  After you kill all of the bad guys the hostage never shows up and the only way out is ALT-F4.

Working on player party - generic
    Happens when I'm just moving around the map

SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE: 922: Invalid overlay ID; 30: Line No: 46:
At script: player_get_kill_count.
At script: player_get_kill_count.
    Got constantly during a battle with sea raiders near hungary

SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 540: Invalid Troop ID:-1: Line no: 13:
At menu menu_town item mno_visit_lady condition.
    When I enter london

---debug--- entered town
---debug--- relation 0
---debug--- here
    Every time I enter a city

By the way, this mod is awesome.  I particularly like having some new in game music and custom map.

Why is swedens map all messed up? Have you ever seen a map of sweden? For example Malmö should be at the coast and next to copenhagen but over the sea

othr said:
I finally found the bug with how ladies are moved around factions and will have a fix soon.

Editing these lines in Module_Scripts saved me from the marriage bugs, in 1.05.
My custom faction (no7) is working well, lords are married all as they should.

under

#LORD OCCUPATIONS, BLOOD RELATIONSHIPS, RENOWN AND REPUTATIONS

(is_between, ":cur_troop", "trp_knight_6_1", "trp_knight_7_1"),
        (store_sub, ":npc_seed", ":cur_troop", "trp_knight_6_1"),
        (assign, ":ancestor_seed", 31),
  (else_try),
        (is_between, ":cur_troop", "trp_knight_7_1", "trp_kingdom_1_pretender"),
        (store_sub, ":npc_seed", ":cur_troop", "trp_knight_7_1"),
        (assign, ":ancestor_seed", 37),
      (try_end),

Haha sorry for that low-level comment. I just felt it would have been rude to come out with it especially if I was wrong. I had a hunch they were off was all.

Just a thought, under the common feudal law in France, peasants were relieved of the duty to fight, that is to say under French law only nobles and the middle classes could be called upon to fight. If you were looking for a way to make the countries feel different from each other not being able to recruit from French villages but only towns would be a good historically founded French flavour challenge.

Hwaet !

What a pleasant surprise this othr, I didn't see it before now, great work doing all of this and for porting one of the most interesting mods for WB.

And thank you for including my work. It is only "Skandinav" btw, there is no definitive article ( "the" ) in my name.

Regards,

weird bug.....

For some reason all the messages (like damage done, enemy killed, village prosperity....etc) are all gone? i've checked under "options" but all the boxes are ticked.... no reason why that should happen :razz:

othr said:
Wasn't Flanders a vassal of the Kingdom of France?

The king of France was the feudal lord of the Flanders but when Guy of Dampierre, of the House of Dampierre, became count of Flanders, the king of France wanted to definitively conquer Flanders, and started the French invasion of Flanders. So they were enemies of France.

This is the mod I've been waiting for. Thank you guys. I know it's in test stages, but I'll play the **** out of it anyway.

On another note, if you need banners made that's about all I'm good for. But  I have a knowledge of heraldry and already have some you could use (not all will fit but there are some good examples)

2ca494.png

11id6p0.png

2iseald.png

29aqkjb.png

whiq82.png

2hyjbkg.png

2igiulz.png

(Some are from the old Lord's and Realms Mod, a good way to tell if they're mine is that they are generally made up of patterns in the old style of heraldry. Everything follows traditional rules as far as I know.)

Many of my previous bug are now fixed with the patch, however (and someone else mentioned this as well) there is no text in combat.  Is it possible to return that with maybe a smaller font, or tell me how to adjust it for myself?

EDIT:  The kidnappers hideout is still bugged
    The combat text sometimes is and is not visible, I just reloaded and it now works, but didn't initially

ajen said:
I'm using 1.111, above are the bugs that i've found with that version/mod version

Probably but in this newest version was removed the most essential bug and it is staggering at ladders  :wink:

Why don't you add The Kingdom Of Portugal and the other kingdoms on Iberia (Aragorn, Castila, Granada,etc etc)

It would be Awsome too.

Just to remind you, Iberia is part of europe :wink:

Champy said:
Why don't you add The Kingdom Of Portugal and the other kingdoms on Iberia (Aragorn, Castila, Granada,etc etc)

It would be Awsome too.

Just to remind you, Iberia is part of europe :wink:

I agree totally with that.... And a mod about the reconquista with all the differents taifa and kingdoms could be awesome!!!

anyway nice work on this mod!!!

I've got desert bandits and steppe bandits running around southern England raising hell. How can we change them to something a bit more historically accurate?

I must say I'm absolutely hyped on this mod, I loved 1257 AD for M&B and now we can experience it in the succesful expansion.

I've played it only for a few minutes, but I felt I needed to sign up and offer my help as a Dane (Danish person) so I could help you get your danish troop names even more correct, the Serfs as an example, would be spelled Trælle (Plural) and Træl (Singular)

Also, the initial upgrades to the Serfs doesn't make any sense to me as a Dane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom