SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Enhancing RPG Elements

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi Taleworlds,

Happy new year! I finally got the time to dive in to the the new update over the holidays. The game feels great! I love the beefed up combat AI and all the other changes. So, thank you!

The only thing that I personally would like to see updated now are the RPG elements (and some additional diplomacy options, but those have been discussed in detail before). Here are some things that I have thought about:

- Feasts/celebrations

I know this has been brought up before, but I really like the ideas in the post below. Specifically, feasts with lords/ladies and festivals with villages. This is a chance for the lords/ladies to discuss previous battles and acknowledge victories/defeats. Festivals would allow the village headsmen to discuss how well protected they have been or have not been among other things. It would really make the world feel a little more alive.

Feasts, Festivals, Fashion! And A Calendar Extension to go along with it!

- New dialogue additions.

After marrying my spouse, there are no special dialogue options that become available. It would be nice to have the ability to complement, discuss the wellbeing of the clan or even discuss the growth of our children. Perhaps adding the ability to increase relationship with our spouse as well through dialogue. This could lead to a greater chance of pregnancy.

Adding additional dialogue options for my children would also be nice. It would be cool too if we had additional dialogue options with lords/ladies when we have high or low relations with them. Below is a link to a mod on nexus mods that adds complements and other additions that helped add immersion.

Healthy Relationships

- Political Intrigue

This may have more to do with diplomacy, but whatever. The "Diplomacy" mod adds this kind of system. Some clans seek to rebel against the current leader. It would be cool to see this a little more fleshed out by being able to directly discuss political dissent with the clans that are seeking rebellion. This kind of dialogue could be tied to the clan's relation with the player. If they are fond of the player, they are more likely to discuss their plans.

@Dejan @Duh_TaleWorlds @TaleWorlds, what are your thoughts on these additions? If these are not feasible changes or something that won't be implemented, are there plans to enhance the RPG aspects of the game?

I think that these changes (plus some diplomacy additions) would really make the game feel alive. Personally, I would be 200% satisfied with the game at the point. (not that my personal opinion would sway you :lol:)

Regardless, the mount and blade series is the best out there in my opinion! Bannerlord is a great addition and I appreciate your continued support on this game/series!

Thanks,
GrandDaddyG

For futures patches TW has to add more lines of text and more now with the help of IA programs, they should include it in the game, there was a mod that did it and the characters and NPCs could have long conversations and give a strong push to diplomacy.

For futures patches TW has to add more lines of text and more now with the help of IA programs, they should include it in the game, there was a mod that did it and the characters and NPCs could have long conversations and give a strong push to diplomacy.
TW doesn't own or have the rights needed to use these programs for their games, and to be honest I think it's overkill. Mount and Blade has always had rpg elements but it has never been a D&D style game and I don't see why it should be.

TW doesn't own or have the rights needed to use these programs for their games, and to be honest I think it's overkill. Mount and Blade has always had rpg elements but it has never been a D&D style game and I don't see why it should be.
At least improve the 4 lines of text that the conversations have, it doesn't have to be El Quijote either.

Yeah I am not exactly too fond of the AI idea. I also acknowledge that the focus of M&B is not really developing relationships or having consequential dialogue.

Bannerlord doesn't need (and shouldn't have) D&D/Baldurs gate level of RPG elements. But the NPC's feel dry. You do gain some advantages for having high relations with NPC's, but those advantages don't help them feel alive.

I think adding some more reactive/immersive/relevant dialogue would help and I don't think (I am certainly not a developer) it would take much effort to implement compared to other things.

I would really like to see feasts come back and the addition of festivals would be nice as well. I think it would help the NPC's come to life a lot more. But, I do understand that considerably more effort is needed to implement those in a way that fits with the rest of the game.

I would just like to see a little more life in the NPC's. It definitely doesn't need to feel like D&D.

I think adding some more reactive/immersive/relevant dialogue would help and I don't think (I am certainly not a developer) it would take much effort to implement compared to other things.

I would really like to see feasts come back and the addition of festivals would be nice as well. I think it would help the NPC's come to life a lot more. But, I do understand that considerably more effort is needed to implement those in a way that fits with the rest of the game.

I would just like to see a little more life in the NPC's.
Correct, some "spark" that makes you happy to kill them

Last edited:
peacetime should matter. Rebuilding the kingdom after the war, I think this element would stop other nations from constantly declaring war.

peacetime should lead to closer relationships with lords and npcs and things like that.

peacetime should matter. Rebuilding the kingdom after the war, I think this element would stop other nations from constantly declaring war.

peacetime should lead to closer relationships with lords and npcs and things like that.
While there should be a little more incentive for kingdoms to not immediately go to war right after having finished one, I don't think peacetime should be something that most lords are happy about. Citizens and such, merchants, yeah sure, but most vassals in the game want to go to war because going to war is how most of them became more powerful, and most kings are on a personal quest to conquer other nations because they just don't like the fact they exist as they do.

Especially in Calradia, where the intro states that a long lasting peace is what caused the continent's nobles and kings to become restless and initiate a civil war. It wouldn't make much sense, as strange as that sounds, for the kingdom's ruling class to be happy about peace.

While there should be a little more incentive for kingdoms to not immediately go to war right after having finished one, I don't think peacetime should be something that most lords are happy about. Citizens and such, merchants, yeah sure, but most vassals in the game want to go to war because going to war is how most of them became more powerful, and most kings are on a personal quest to conquer other nations because they just don't like the fact they exist as they do.

Especially in Calradia, where the intro states that a long lasting peace is what caused the continent's nobles and kings to become restless and initiate a civil war. It wouldn't make much sense, as strange as that sounds, for the kingdom's ruling class to be happy about peace.
At least a non aggression pact like in warband would be nice so kingdoms don’t declare war immediately after suing for peace.

Back
Top Bottom