RP KINGDOM vs FREE (HC) RP

Users who are viewing this thread

Holgard said:
I laugh at how people think in medieval times/dark ages that raiders/bandits/rapists were everywhere.

Of course there was the ocassional rapist, but there WERE NOT blatant ****ing kidnappings in the damn street. At most, a person would run by with a knife, cut your purse and sprint off with it.

^

Although "blatant ****ing kidnappings" never happen, usually just kidnappings.

Holgard said:
I laugh at how people think in medieval times/dark ages that raiders/bandits/rapists were everywhere.

Of course there was the ocassional rapist, but there WERE NOT blatant ******** kidnappings in the damn street, at most. A person would run by with a knife, cut your purse and sprint off with it.

I lough at how people think about medieval times in the same way they think about modern times. Corrent period could be put in time frame of 20-80 years and be describe as persistent in the global scale (more less). Medieval is 1000 years of history which developed in very different way not only in global scale but also in continental, country and county one.

13 century - Florence and Rome (for example) were in state of town war. People were kidnapped, raped and killed on town streets everyday. Noble families were fighting/ guilds were fighting/ everybody was fighting with everybody.

13 century - Paris - fully controlled by King guards. Even King was able to walk on the streets pretending he is normal citizen.

It does not matter how this really was. It does matter why.
Why?

Because if you like PW Town to be peacefull and save you need to do something about it. It will not happend it self.

In the same way as in medieval times and any other times, when there is no order there is disorder.

I am not trying to say that peacefull enviremant is good or bad for the game. What I try to say that unless "reality" of the game will not be accepted by server administration there is no way for improvement. Players will not organise if there is no need for it.

Holgard said:
Italians always killed and raped eachother.
Armie_knock said:
Holgard said:
Italians always killed and raped eachother.

You better shut the **** up before you get smacked the **** up.

You both can post somewere else if you can not bring something constructable to this thread.

In early medieval there was no nations. Italian noble was just noble. Italian commoner was just commoner.Italian noble had much more common with French,/Spanish/German/Polish[you name it] noble than with commoner from his own country. Commoner was just trying to survive and who was his lord made no difference. It is hard to understand in modern world full of funny nacionalist.

Serann said:
Why should the admins accept realism if the players don't?

It is all about definitions:

1.Realism - make game as close to reality as possible
2."realism" of the game - is situations on the server with each player have to deal week in and week out.

1.I gave up on this ages ago. I believe that game should be more fun than realistic because IT IS JUST A GAME...plus if players go to realistic about it some strange nationalism take over and other very low instincts.

2.This is hard (for me) to explain. I am constantly failing to do so, but I keep trying:

The best example I can find is my first contact with "game reality":

It was when RCC allready exist with propositions of admin controlled RP play. This is importand as I get use to that when I have problem I have to get attention of admin to solve it. For some reason RCC get quiet [I do not remember] ans everybody switch to coming back 22nd. What a shock!!! No rules...like nothing. I died 7 times in the row. I have learned the lesson. When I respawn I hide. I avoid EVERY player until I get my money. I had no talk to anybody to avoid attention. I went on spectator mode before I get IN again. I have notice there are some RCC RP players who are as confuse as I was.

I get them together and I start to fight back. I impose my laws. I protect serves to get more soldiers in to my faction. I have conquered whole map on the no rules bases. It was not nice. It was not cool. It was effective. Once I achieve that = control, I change whole server situation. Everybody start to fight against my faction. My faction get destroyed in the end but...it was bitten by other faction, which was organise by other players. Chaos was over.

FULL STOP!

We have different mod. Different circumstances.The same thing:
- admins can give heaven to players. No threats.No problems. They have to work extremely hard to do that. They usually hate this game after doing this admin job. For me it is all wrong.

WE NEED ADMINS- from many reasons.
BUT...
ADMINS CAN NOT PLAY GAME FOR PLAYERS !!!
There are here to help, to explain, to keep you away from players who hack or cheat.

Reality of the game is WHAT YOU SEE when you log in. If you do not like what you see do not cry. Just do something to change it. It will not be easy but I do not like easy games. I like challenge. I like when I bit it.

If this is not good enough I shell ask Splintert (as always) to put that in English for you  :roll:

Taken out of context :oops: but I can not agree more with it:

Vornne said:
I am generally against "babying" the rules in case someone gets their feelings hurt, as that often seems to be a slippery slope towards a very boring game.

Vornne has his moments of Greatness :grin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26Se79panak

Back
Top Bottom