RP KINGDOM vs FREE (HC) RP

Users who are viewing this thread

NOVICIUS

Master Knight
No poll (well not yet) :twisted:

We have in our hands amazing and amazingly growing (being developed..sorry my English :oops:) PW mod made by Vornne. There are few ways to go about it. I like to look at two of them closely...but I have to admit that I am on one side of it and I expect others to deffend other side.

You may remember TDM against RP tread. It was only to give me a basic understanding on what is going on in PW community. I have a clue now.

Lets start from definitions:

FREE (Hard core) Role Play - I make this FREE big for purpose. The way I see it players enjoy and try to protect freedom of play. So...you play as whoever you want to be and you express yourself in many game situations as this  "whoever". You expect to be respected, noticed and in the worst scenario left alone.

Best example - wedding event - you marry somebody in game. You expect everybody to be happy for you and cheers from big crowd in front of church.
Fair enough. You are very positive. You do not expect that your wedding will be raided by band of evil bandits. Your bride or groom raped. Church burned...and so on...THIS IS NOT RP!!! - you say....THIS IS RANDOMING!!! - you say....

Well, you know you living in dangerous world so you call for angels/gods/admins who will protect you if something bad(NO RP!!) happen. You expect them to ban this evil bad RPlayers who destroy your wonderfull event....

I will not say that event it self is a little bit cheese as I will use the same example in the second part...

RP KINGDOM

It is way to Role Play in very strict meaning of this. You PLAY a ROLE. In  other words: YOU ACT. Sounds the same like previous one but it is VERY different.
In previous way You create or you are being given the scenario and you have to play to it. IN RP KINGDOM only scenario you get is game reality.

You still act. No excuses.

Lets go back to wedding.

Well in RP Kingdom it is not easy thing to do. As in REAL world you have to make sure to have good wedding place. There is no angels or gods who would protect you and you bride/groom. What I would do. I would go the the Lord of Kingdom(Faction). I would tell him(and pay him..do not be naive) that I like to marry. I need protection and blessing (just to involve Lord in my RP idea). It is very probable scenario I would get marry while deffending my bride/groom to the last moment. Maybe I would say..I do..while dying. What a romantic, TRUE, story....

The main difference is that in RP Kingdom you are not surrounded by crowd of cowards and clackers. You are cheered by your brothers from the same Faction/RP nation and blessed by your Lord/King. Everything there is "real". Not FAKE.

So..

What you think....? :roll:

It should be like that but it isn't.

However, Bayard+Hilda's wedding was the funnest time I had on Pw4. It was played out in the RP kingdom you're talking about.

I like to bump it as I do not think that thread get enough attention. I believe it would be beneficial for PW future to have proper debate on how we like to play it.
[my English is crap today :oops:]

You want attention for your thread? Okay, you're asking for it.

This does not work.
It simply doesn't.

Randomers aren't scared off by RP faction, they are encouraged by resistence.
The only way to properly deal with them is a nice, swift ban.

And the scenario you are given is in both cases the same. Taking a role
is encouraged, enforced even, but that doesn't mean that idiots will do it
well

So basicly the only difference you suggest is the absence of admins.
And we already have that on NA.

-Edit-

Oh, and about your REAL story.

People do not raid weddings without reason.
The reason they would be banned is because they do it only to troll.
So no, that story wouldn't exactly be real.
And you don't need a friggin' army at your wedding in a real setting,
unless you are the crown prince and have alot of enemies to fear.
Not saying that Hilda didn't have any back at her wedding, but those
who attacked were all trolls too.

Its just easier if you had an admin at the wedding

in fact its just easier in genral if you have an admin with you at all times

now thats what i call good RP  :smile:

Serann said:
You want attention for your thread? Okay, you're asking for it.

This does not work.
It simply doesn't.

Randomers aren't scared off by RP faction, they are encouraged by resistence.
The only way to properly deal with them is a nice, swift ban.

And the scenario you are given is in both cases the same. Taking a role
is encouraged, enforced even, but that doesn't mean that idiots will do it
well

So basicly the only difference you suggest is the absence of admins.
And we already have that on NA.

-Edit-

Oh, and about your REAL story.

People do not raid weddings without reason.
The reason they would be banned is because they do it only to troll.
So no, that story wouldn't exactly be real.
And you don't need a friggin' army at your wedding in a real setting,
unless you are the crown prince and have alot of enemies to fear.
Not saying that Hilda didn't have any back at her wedding, but those
who attacked were all trolls too.

Well.sometimes I see our PW world as you can imagine world after mayor apocalypse. I guess You have seen all this movies with cannibalism, total disorder and so on.

This is normal and real PW world. Most of players are here to have fun however definition of fun could vary. What I am suggesting is to allowed players to have what they want but on the fair play base. If you troll do not complain that you become real "outlaw". Admins are needed in the game. I am not denying that. But they are not needed to make sure that players roleplay NICLY (like in the kindergarden). We need them to make sure we do not have players who say whatever they like in chat (racist, abusive etc.). We can find other examples when without admin there is no way to deal with situation.

I strongly believe that with admins who overprotecting players and they own ways to RP we kill players initiative and motivation to organise themselves. Game is clearly design for teamplay. It is Teamplay which should be encourage by admins.

It doesn't matter what the game or mod was designed for.

If a bunch of RPers want to have a peaceful conversation for an hour or two, they should be able to
But not if some randomer, like GZ_Juice keeps respawning, only to continously annoy them and
attempts to random them

Yes, they could organize a spawnkilling party, but that would ruin their RP
If you ever had enjoyable peaceful RP, you will understand

I do understand but I do not agree. If they like to have nice conversation they HAVE TO find save/hidden place to do that. They can not simply ignore the world around them. This is not good RP by any means.

just grab an admin if he keeps on respawning

or better yet have fun killing him over and over again till he rage quits

Ginoenrico said:
just grab an admin if he keeps on respawning

or better yet have fun killing him over and over again till he rage quits

And I don't WANT to have to kill him over and over again, morons like that shouldn't be able
to keep my RP on hold for that long.

And apparently NA lost all it's admins to Skyrim, there is not even anyone of them checking
the forum.

Armie_knock said:
Novicius, do you really whana say that a group people have too find a safe place too talk IRL and cannot just hang att the market squere?  :roll:

Thank you, I couldn't have put it better!
Well, the IRL part confuses me, since I didn't mean OOC chat, but anyway a good point

Short version:
what i ment with IRL was too make sure you understand i compare our world with PW.

Well, RPing is as living in a worlds as our,but small changes and your not yourself right? You play someone else in a Epic-fantasyworld. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_fantasy

So Novicius is trying too make us RP better  (well not exactly but you get the point). And it means that we live in the game just as we live in our world but just doing the "fun stuff". So, if people was hanging at the market square in real life why would they have too go too a safe place and hide too do the same in game too RP,since RPing is about living in a virtual world based on our.

Excuse my bad English.

Using that example:

If there is not working TW (police) and Town is not owned/controlled by Faction/Kingdom then it would be very dangerous place. You seams to think that safety is something which is natural. It is like it would be your human right to be safe. It is correct in the modern world. Not because it was always like that but because generations work on it through ages. This is achievement of our civilisation. When you look at some countries in Africa or Asia you may understand how different that could be even now.

What I am saying? RP which does not include world which sourround you is not good RP at all. You simply have to take on board what is going on in the world you live in or you will be seen as mad man. You can say that somebody attacking you is unfair, but if that help you with anything in reality? Life is unfair! You do not pray to angels at the time. You fight back or shout "Call the Police". Correct?

If we would have real danger in PW we would have real Factions/Clans who deffend their members against that. I am talking on real RP when after you get attacked:
1. you run and call for help.
2. you fight back.
3. you try to bribe attacker
4. you use your invention to get out of situation...

Whetever you choose, YOU DO NOT shout: "Randomer! Admin kick him out!" because this is pathetic RP reaction to the world you interact with.

Your logic is based on the fact, that there really are only 20 people in the entire map, if there are 20 players

But that isn't the case, you are supposed to believe that there is a city because people live in it.
And there would be guards, even if people don't want to play them.

you cant run and talk at the same time too which kinda makes death much faster if you try to ask for help.

Nov your system sounds nice on paper but its not realistic, in real life we have 1 life so dont plan to go around stabing people for no reason. but on pw people can just respawn so there isnt a requirement for them to act civilised

Serann said:
Your logic is based on the fact, that there really are only 20 people in the entire map, if there are 20 players

But that isn't the case, you are supposed to believe that there is a city because people live in it.

Maybe it sad, but I have stopped playing with "imaginary world" since I get my first good computer. If servers do not have population big enough to justify Town existence they should have not use map with Towns. Small castles and small villages - this is what you need. Sad but true.
Phoenix234 said:
you cant run and talk at the same time too which kinda makes death much faster if you try to ask for help.

Nov your system sounds nice on paper but its not realistic, in real life we have 1 life so dont plan to go around stabing people for no reason. but on pw people can just respawn so there isnt a requirement for them to act civilised

We use to have spawn areas which were placed on the outskirts of the map. This slow ppl down from coming back to action time and time again.
If you get killed you can respawn in different location to get away from "idiot"

I do understand that admins have to deal with players who completely do not get idea of PW. What I am saying is that PW idea is not necessarily HARD CORE RP based on ignoring world around you and crying everytime somebody is destroying "your RP". This somebody can just play "his RP" by doing so.

NOVICIUS said:
Serann said:

Maybe it sad, but I have stopped playing with "imaginary world" since I get my first good computer. If servers do not have population big enough to justify Town existence they should have not use map with Towns. Small castles and small villages - this is what you need. Sad but true.
Phoenix234 said:

We use to have spawn areas which were placed on the outskirts of the map. This slow ppl down from coming back to action time and time again.
If you get killed you can respawn in different location to get away from "idiot"

I do understand that admins have to deal with players who completely do not get idea of PW. What I am saying is that PW idea is not necessarily HARD CORE RP based on ignoring world around you and crying everytime somebody is destroying "your RP". This somebody can just play "his RP" by doing so.
That last paragraph is the reason i stopped being a "hardcore RPer" click the spoiler for the list that breaks down what i said
1. PW RPers are some of the most elitist people I have ever seen
2. No one whines more than one of these people when their RP is interrupted
3. They cannot tolerate any RPs that do not go the way they want it to go
To anyone who considers themselves one of these "hardcore RPers" what i said is true for most cases, at least from what i have seen    as an admin, but not all cases

Novivius i get your point. But as someone said we are too FEW too act civilized. But we can RP,imagine, that theres things around us. RP is all about imagination. And as i already said, people RP too do fun things, sometimes cuz its imposible in our world, not too actully LIVE in another world. I dont think somone would like too stay at the town for 10hours straight yelling too people not too fight.
I always try too be TW, but after 1-2 hours it becomes relly boring, so i start shooting people and saying that they breaked my TW's TOWN RULES (Fighters in town will be shoot; Survivors will be shoot again). But this is RP too yes. I accuse them for breaking laws and i shoot them. But dont forget that we are all humans, we play too HAVE FUN. Not too live our sad lifes in a virtual world.

I do know from my experience that creating RP Kingdom could be a lot of fun. If successful (even for 15 min) it give you a lot of satisfaction plus the impression that game is played in the right way.

At the moment we have players running around like in the busy town/kids playground  :roll:. Everybody have own business, most of them are just really confused or looking for some action.

RP Kingdom:

1.Lost serf heading to the castle on the other side of the river. There is a bridge on the river.
2.He is stopped on the bridge by faction/kingdom soldiers
3.Guard1 - "You are on the border of THE KINGDOM. State your interest"
4.Serf - "I look for safe place to work in peace, my lords. All land is in state of war. Bandits everywere. I hardly survive. Please let me in"
5.Guard1 - "We need hard working people. You will have to pay 25% taxes of your income to the lord of this land. You have to obey law and law will protect you."
6.Serf - "I am more than happy, sir. I will work hard"
7.Guard1 - "Pass granted. Fallow this soldier who will show you the way"
8.Guard2 - "Fallow me peasant. You have to meet the lord who will give you a task"
9.They heading to the castle were Lord is waiting.
10.Lord - "New peasant. Very good. We need more wood. Join the woodcutters team. When you prove that you can work hard and with the team you will join our miners. And then..who knows my friend. One day maybe you become soldier.

This is what I am talking about. Bandits/members of other faction/well known randomers would not be granted passage. They would be stopped/killed on the border before they could cause more troubles "inside" the Kingdom. Soldiers would have their "action" while deffending. Serf would have their peace. Lord would have his money to pay soldiers etc.

Back
Top Bottom