Roads?

Users who are viewing this thread

The game battle brothers has roads that caravans and most parties follow. It makes for great ambush points and more predictable pathing. Everything moves faster on roads than offroad.

This could be a good feature for bannerlord too and I can't imagine being the first person to think that. Has a reason ever been given for why this is not a thing?
(I searched this forum but couldn't find any.)

On the map roads or more paths are shown. They seem incomplete as the game itself.
Should it come, it should not be everywhere. Empire and Vlandia seems logical. Aserai is sand so no need. Sturgia is frozen half the time and covered with snow. Battania always gives me the impression of low tech. Khuzait is half nomadic so roads seems strange there.

Romans built their roads on the crests of hills, if possible, to AVOID legions being ambushed.

My idea of an ideal ambush is, your party of 20 soldiers chasing after 10 looters, who intentionally run to a "hiding" 30 looters, in the forest. If you're not careful, you'll be fighting 40 looters.

My idea of an ideal ambush is, your party of 20 soldiers chasing after 10 looters, who intentionally run to a "hiding" 30 looters, in the forest. If you're not careful, you'll be fighting 40 looters.
Not sure what to say. Looters. Did you forget 2 zeros? Or is your game locked at tier 2?

Me i want road blockade. Like a garrison with 200 troops to stop most enemy parties to enter.

Not sure what to say. Looters. Did you forget 2 zeros? Or is your game locked at tier 2?

Me i want road blockade. Like a garrison with 200 troops to stop most enemy parties to enter.

Numbers are irrelevant , it was just an example, it's the ratio that's the point.

The idea to set road blocks is a good one and historically correct .... but I suspect the AI won't be able to handle it. I think a watch tower would be kinder to the AI.

Back
Top Bottom