RDM

Users who are viewing this thread

Atikus

Regular
I apologize in advance for the foul language that I will soon be spitting out. There is no sense of anything on any servers. People will shoot you just to ****ing do it. I have died 5 ****ing times just walking past a damn town or fort and for what reasons? NONE. Doesnt matter if im a highway man or a immigrant people do it just cause and I hate it and I cant stand it man. Thought there was suppose to be some element of RP but I guess not. 

There are RP servers like HCRP that you can go to if you don't like the normal servers. Contrary to popular belief, PW and PF were never intended to be RP mods. They were meant to be castle siege and conquest type mods with a way to 'level up' and join factions to meet a goal.  The community were the ones who decided they would rather use it for RP purposes.

It is not really a RP problem, rather a complete DM one.

Randoming was never intended to be part of the game, I would say.

Well they introduced getting "Outlawed" for killing too many allies aka rdming, in my opinion that's a pretty good counter to it. Besides, if its meant to represent the real world back then, people simply killed just to rob you, or anything. Its not like there was an admin back then saying they couldn't kill someone.

In realy life people cared about theyre lives because they only have one.

This is why such realism doesnt work in a game like this so you want some basic rules. If there were no rules at all then I assure you it would be unplayable.

It is pretty chaotic right now but at least team killing is fairly rare.

The biggest problem for me are immigrants who might as well be outlaws really. I would like them to have much worse stats. Like 0 firearms skill.

Also maybe just let them be KOS if they are armed but that they CANNOT KOS.

The problem is that outlaws don't kill to rob, they kill (nowadays in game) to grief. Notorious trolls / griefers from PW are flocking in mass to PF to use outlaws and natives as a way to bring chaos the the server. Besides, current gold drops make them incredibly irritating.

The outlaw problem is not the worst, since it can be solved with further spawns.

The native case is different, since it is based on the fact that natives have access very easily to powerful free gear, whereas soldiers and colonialists don't. Natives constantly spawn and join the battle and eventually soldiers become poorer and lose (they can't afford firearms and muskets run out very quickly).

It is well known though that indians tend to random, so some care from admins needs to be placed on it. The current outlaw points won't do it, you can kill 2 people one after the other and you won't be outlawed. If you go in a group and play carefully, you can random as many people as you want without going outlaw. Any amount you want, trust me.

Outlaws are getting nerfed for the next patch. They will only have 2 weapons in their base, no horses, and they spawn far away from anyone and anything. Not to mention their stats are getting reduced.

One note for scene makers on outlaws,

I think its important that they are not too close to one other faction, compared to others.

Better if they have different routes to take so that they are dispersed.

New Spain does have different routes but it greatly favours attacking the colony, who's defences are not that great.

Back
Top Bottom