Quick Questions/Quick Answers (Unofficial 'Ask Questions Here' Q&A Thread)

Users who are viewing this thread

thanks...caba...and what do the monks give you?
I read somewere about them but still it`s quicker this way.

Stat units

There are now units in the game that - when you've got enough of them in your party - give overall bonusses.
You will find the units in villages, towns and castles - depending on what unit kind they are. We need you to:
- check wether they give a bonus at all.
- check if they can be hired at all.

Merchants (town): 8 or more give a bonus of 3 to trade. 5 or more give a bonus of 2. More than 0 gives a bonus of 1.
Monks+Priest (town): Added together. 10 or more give a bonus of 3 to wound treatment. 5+ give a bonus of 2. 1+ give a +1 bonus.
Surgeons (castle): 10+ give a bonus of 3 to surgery. 5+ give +2 bonus. 1+ give +1 bonus.
Bishops: Upgrade Monk->Priest->Bishop. Having 1 or more Bishops in the party gives a +1 to leadership.
Hunter (village): 10+ give a +3 bonus to foraging. 5+ give +2 bonus. 1+ give +1 bonus.
Hunter (village): 5+ give a +2 bonus to tracking. 1+ give a +1 bonus.
Scout (castle): 10+ give a +2 bonus to spotting. 5+ give a +1 bonus.
Looters (recruited prisoners): 30+ give a +3 bonus to looting. 20+ give a +2 bonus. 10+ give a +1 bonus.
Manhunter to Slave driver: Added together. 40+ give a +3 bonus to prisoner management. 25+ give a +1 bonus to prisoner management.
10+ give a +1 bonus to prisoner management.

i need 10 + monks for a bonus of 3 to wound treatment?
they need to be in my party or in my town if i own one?
this part i don`t understand

Monks+Priest (town): Added together. 10 or more give a bonus of 3 to wound treatment. 5+ give a bonus of 2. 1+ give a +1 bonus.
There are now units in the game that - when you've got enough of them in your party - give overall bonusses.

Which part did you not understand?

when you've got enough of them in your party  :oops:

sorry me and my english... :roll: not so good.

i understand now.
thank y

Is there a skill that governs Firearms? I want to know what to increase to be able to shoot straight, as they are available via the Mod "cheat" item shop.

My game seems to suffer from a severe case of "invisible tournament horses". Any thoughts?

PS: The search function only returns error messages to me, so using that was not an option.

Yourself said:
My game seems to suffer from a severe case of "invisible tournament horses". Any thoughts?

PS: The search function only returns error messages to me, so using that was not an option.
Sounds like you're using the gameplay edition.  Download the gameplay patch from the download thread.

What is the difference between buying land vs uncultivated land?

Is there a giant manual for all the mods in one place?

Buying land both makes the total amount of available land for a town increase and places it under your ownership, and is more expensive than just buying land.

To compare it with the real world, buying land implies that you're taking ownership of a piece of farmland that has already been set up.  Buying and cultivating land is equivalent to taking a previously unused piece of land, making it functional, and then taking ownership over it.  You don't really need to build any additional land unless the population can actually make use of it.

Caba`drin said:
Ghanz said:
Is there a skill that governs Firearms? I want to know what to increase to be able to shoot straight, as they are available via the Mod "cheat" item shop.
Open up the module.ini file in your Floris folder.

Fine the line
display_wp_firearms = 0

and change the 0 to 1.

Thank you. Will anyone spawn with firearms? Or am I going to be the only flintlock user in Calradia?

Another question: I'm using the Floris Gameplay Pack, and my character is showing up much lower in the conversation screen (only his head and upper chest is visible). Is there an easy fix for this?

And: does the Gameplay Pack include all the Expanded pack's features? I can't run the Expanded pack without lag, sadly.

If you're a vassal of a faction, is there any quick way to check if any of the faction's castles or towns are under siege? Or do you just have to mouse over all of them?

All the towns, after ~250 days of warfare and sieges (Swadia is reduced to Praven, Vaegirs have been eliminated completely) are almost all "opulent and well-crowded."  I think there was exactly one city I saw that was the prosperity rank one tier lower than that.  I've gone right after a town has changed sides and it has been "opulent."

It's pretty annoying because the whole "buy low, sell high" thing is thrown out the window.  Plus the whole role-playing part of there not being a true center of trade and all that.  I think my question for this is somewhat obvious

I believe I started with the economy/diplomacy changes at the default setting and kept them that way for about 100 days, and then changed to medium for maybe 50 days, and then for the rest turned to the highest/experimental.  Campaign AI is set to Good.  Did I do something to mess with how town prosperity is calculated in doing any of this?  If this is a known bug, I'm sorry

I believe none of us have taken a good look at diplos changes. We have however decided to no longer update diplomacy in future versions (other than for bugfixes), so its possible that we will remove these economy changes alltogether - the reasons being that diplomacy shouldnt change economy and us wanting to change the eco system ourselves.

I.e. i have no clue why all your cities are rich. Hopefully we will fix that in the next version.

I assume the mod that makes battlefields bigger is compatible with floris, right? (Also, what's the exact name of that mod? the search function doesn't seem to be working at the moment...)

Oh and, is there an alternative parties.txt with less bandits? It's kinda silly how massive armies of bandits just rape everything in it's way and not even lords can stop them. If not, is it safe to use TweakMB (with the floris 2.4 settings) to fix them?

Duh said:
Also an untested tweak decreasing the amount of bandit parties following a bandit hero:

Halfed the amount from 8 to 4 - again this isnt tested, this should work with expanded and a patched(see above) gameplay version.

http://www.2shared.com/document/u0tYez0q/simple_triggers.html
Has been confirmed working by a few folks.

Back
Top Bottom