Quick Questions/Quick Answers (Unofficial 'Ask Questions Here' Q&A Thread)

Users who are viewing this thread

I've read braced spears are supposed to insta-kill horses. After unsuccessful attempts to do it in the campaign, I tested it under controlled conditions in custom battles. Watched charging horses physically go through braced spears(F7-F7), nothing happening to them, for the knight on top to kill the spearman behind with the charge. The hit doesn't seem to be registering. Currently using Floris 2.55, but I've seen this in 2.54 and in ACOK.

Is this some kind of bug, or is there some option in mod options that I haven't properly set? Spear fix is on, Fomations AI is on, AI spear bracing is on.

Edit: I am using game version 1.167, it seems Floris was for game version 1.153, could that be the problem?
Edit2: just tried it with version 1.153, didn't work either

(I'm not sure id this has been asked before)
I was given the chance to hire a constable, but I refused. However, now I kind of regret that. Is there any other way to recruit a constable, or  did I miss my only chance?

coolchucky said:
Is this mod still getting updated?
Nope. Dev team has moved on to other projects.

Hi,
What other projects is the dev team working on?

Thanks,
They didn't move together as one team anymore. They only came together for this project and that was many years ago.

Mingolo said:
I've read braced spears are supposed to insta-kill horses.
I've never actually used this feature in all of my years playing Floris. I'm pretty sure it used to work before though, because people who played Rhodoks have posted it as a viable tactic.

Zamoon said:
(I'm not sure id this has been asked before)
I was given the chance to hire a constable, but I refused. However, now I kind of regret that. Is there any other way to recruit a constable, or  did I miss my only chance?
You can talk to your Minister to hire new staff.

I've got a question. I recently started my own kingdom and I've captured about 3 cities already and a few castles but I can't get anymore soldiers because for some reason everyone declared war on me. I only attacked two different factions but the others still declared war on me and I dont know why. Also whenever I try to make peace with a faction that haven't attacked they always refuse. If anyone could answer this questio I would be grateful.

Back
Top Bottom