Quick Questions/Quick Answers (Unofficial 'Ask Questions Here' Q&A Thread)

Users who are viewing this thread

It seems like i am not getting my earnings from my lands every two weeks but it says that i will get money every two weeks when i visit them. Even if i wait there for 14-15 days, when i go in the landlords menu, i do not get paid. It usually takes around 20-25 days for some reason. Does anyone know why this is happening and how i can fix it?

I downloaded the butter fix patch and I correctly installed the text file, but I can't figure out where the module_game_menu.py file is supposed to go. I don't see a Source folder, nor do I see any files in any of the folders that end in .py. All the patch says is to place the files in the appropriate places. :razz:

Is there a means to change WHEN music actually plays? I've taken hours to change up some of the sound files with the music.txt file, but it seems even before I made changes, music seems to not play at all in some cases.

A few cases that come to mind is that village music/combat music/travel music doesn't get prompted to play when I am doing the train the peasants quest, which is a lot of back and forth. If there is a song playing already, it just plays through and when it ends, nothing else will start. The same thing also will happen in taverns. Any other module or even in vanilla, it seems to change upon entering a tavern. It seems rare that music fades out and my tavern music starts up.

Any ideas?

Well I had this idea that I could befriend the bandits and they would patrol my lands taking on everyone else for me. I was able to get relations up with everyone except deserters and now bandits and manhunters patrol my lands but the bandits don't bother any of the factions.

They do seem to be attacking caravans but as yet I haven't see them attacking my caravans.

Soo, does anyone know if they attack even my own caravans even while they don't fear/bother my army?  Right now I am the Queen of Praven and have no lords following me.

If anyone has tried this let me know if it works. Otherwise I will just start attacking banditos and making money. If they leave my caravans alone then that's enough for me.

1. A mod list showed a "Mystic Merchant". I've played Floris a lot and I've not seen one. Am I missing something here?

2. Occasionally in battle when I order troops to do something there is a secondary command to attack enemy archers or infantry. I don't know how or why this is happening. Often I just want to move their position and next thing I know everyone is attacking even though I say hold position. What is causing this? How do I control it or turn it off?

3. When I start a kingdom I have a chance to change my player culture. One option is "Player Faction". What is that if I select it.

Uhtred of Bebbanburg said:
1. A mod list showed a "Mystic Merchant". I've played Floris a lot and I've not seen one. Am I missing something here?

2. Occasionally in battle when I order troops to do something there is a secondary command to attack enemy archers or infantry. I don't know how or why this is happening. Often I just want to move their position and next thing I know everyone is attacking even though I say hold position. What is causing this? How do I control it or turn it off?

3. When I start a kingdom I have a chance to change my player culture. One option is "Player Faction". What is that if I select it.

1. I came here to ask the exact same thing. Never even seen something close to a mystic merchant yet still he's mentioned in the forum that he sell unique items. So yes, I too would like to know where and how to find him.

The mystic merchant is found randomly in taverns, but iirc it's a little different than the one in Brytenwalda and Persino, it only lets you choose the name of the item in a conversation dialogue, instead of the inventory with pictures.

madmaximillian said:
The mystic merchant is found randomly in taverns, but iirc it's a little different than the one in Brytenwalda and Persino, it only lets you choose the name of the item in a conversation dialogue, instead of the inventory with pictures.

Really now, is he like Sigmund then? Because I've played a few campaigns and I have found Sigmund a few times, this time by searching all the taverns in Calradia... twice. But never ever have I seen a mystic merchant in a tavern. Is he rarer then Sigmund? Or do I need to search more?

Trifler said:
I downloaded the butter fix patch and I correctly installed the text file, but I can't figure out where the module_game_menu.py file is supposed to go. I don't see a Source folder, nor do I see any files in any of the folders that end in .py. All the patch says is to place the files in the appropriate places. :razz:

Can someone please answer this so I can play? I just need to know where to put the .py file.

Actually you need to know and do way more than that. The .py file is in the Dev Suite (Floris' fancy name for the Module System). You need to follow whatever instructions there are for the butter fix then compile the source files. You need to know what you are doing at least on a basic level.

I've never had to apply the butter fix myself so I can't give you a step by step. My point though is that it's not a simple drag and drop like some people have thought it is over the years.

Hanakoganei said:
Actually you need to know and do way more than that. The .py file is in the Dev Suite (Floris' fancy name for the Module System). You need to follow whatever instructions there are for the butter fix then compile the source files. You need to know what you are doing at least on a basic level.

I've never had to apply the butter fix myself so I can't give you a step by step. My point though is that it's not a simple drag and drop like some people have thought it is over the years.

Oh... They should create a new install package that already includes it then. The instructions that come with the butter fix just say "put the files in the relevant folders" so I think it's natural for people to assume it's supposed to be easy. :smile:

The Dev Suite comes with the Floris installer if I'm not mistaken. I have the Dev Suite files here and I don't remember having to download them separately.

As for the butter fix... I dunno lol. Not a lot of complaints about it recently, probably since Warband 1.150 or so. Either people just don't care anymore or have already fixed it. I don't raid villages so it never mattered to me.

Tournament with the new options keeps crashing. I know, I've used the new settings before, forgot though how I made them work. Maybe compatibility mode or something? Any ideas? I have Win 7 64.

Hanakoganei said:

What? I used the butter fix in my game and I just had to replace a file and it worked perfectly.

Somebody may have already uploaded a pre-patched version. Could you link where you got it here so that these other people can use it too? I was particularly responding to their need for putting the .py file somewhere, which will do nothing unless you actually compile it with the rest of the source files. If it's already a pre-compiled .txt file, it should work with drag and drop, but it'll also negate any other mods you may have installed that modified the same file.

Hanakoganei said:
Somebody may have already uploaded a pre-patched version. Could you link where you got it here so that these other people can use it too? I was particularly responding to their need for putting the .py file somewhere, which will do nothing unless you actually compile it with the rest of the source files. If it's already a pre-compiled .txt file, it should work with drag and drop, but it'll also negate any other mods you may have installed that modified the same file.

Found it at the floris mod pack at http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/3489/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fmbwarband%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D3489&pUp=1 To my knowledge it's the official mod. It's under "updates" and it's only menu.txt you need to replace.

Btw, in return, do you know anything about the mystic merchant?

Hanakoganei said:
I've never seen him either and I've been playing Floris for years lol. I'm not sure the script to spawn him is working.

I just looked into Morgh's and it shows 5 Mystic Merchants so he does exist but he's not appearing in the game. At least he's not appearing in taverns. Perhaps he's walking around towns? 

Hanakoganei said:
I've never seen him either and I've been playing Floris for years lol. I'm not sure the script to spawn him is working.

Too bad, I'm just wondering what the hell this guy is selling. Maybe he's a drug dealer and the manhunters took him away lol.

I don't know what he could be selling that is so special. All the items in the game are listed and there is nothing particularly "mystic" about any of the items. 

But I'd totally buy a 99 accuracy bow though.

Back
Top Bottom