Qualis gems - the definite thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Yup, but it takes some time to form your npc´s till you can heavily invest in the trainer skill - Training Grounds however are just there, waiting there to be abused :razz: I´m usually getting my first bunch of middle tier troopers by them.

I just get a whole bunch of recruits and start attacking outlaws and the like. Much quicker than training fields and I get money too. Then again at the start my trainer skill is pretty high anyway...

where exactly are the chests in rane or ravenstern? i see a chest in each castle, but its not an object i can click on or open.

nvm: after an extensive search they seem to have turned up  :twisted:

ravenscroft said:
theres a chest in ravenstern?  :shock:

As far as I know there are only chests in Rane and Valonbray (and in Janos. I never found the one in Janos, nor found a way to buy a map of it, but in the troop editor it's listed.)

If you already gone to Rane and got the Qualis Gem there and now you don't know what to do to because you wanna do the salt trick, simply put it back in the chest and do the salt trick for (my result):

5 noldor Twilight Knights;
5 Noldor Maiden Rangers;
5 Noldor rangers;
5 Noldor Warriors;
5 Pendor knights

Go back to Rane and get the Qualis Gem back from the chest.

Sorry to you cranky old croons who think easter eggs are meant to be kept hidden unto eternity.

Firstly, congratulations... Shortly, PoP is one of the best mods...

However there is a kind of paradox (I can't find the proper word) in the mod... Let me explain: To obtain a SINGLE gem, we need to:
1) build a HUGE army (of course, our stats must be very good to do this),
2) find a HUGE army with a unique hero,
3) DEFEAT it (all of us know that it is not an easy job),
4) capture the hero (we have ONLY 20-40% chance).

Theeeeeeeeeeen, what? Do you think the rewards are worth for this effort? Do you think the player still needs a great sword or an order if he/she can achieve all those things written above?

Please don't misunderstand me! I don't want to be offensive. But I need a great sword in the BEGINNING of the game, NOT END of the game (it is also valid for elite troops).

So, what is my suggestion? Nothing..! This way seems weird to me, and I want to share my thoughts with you, that is all!

Best...

It keeps the game interesting once you reach that point. Accelerating that would just shorten the most enjoyable part of the game. Once you've put together a 150 prestige troop army, the game gets boring, so most heroes make for an end of game challenge(some aren't too hard to beat). Sometimes you'll get lucky and other lords will wear them down to a point where you can beat them.

ok i got a problem so i got the one gem from rane i go get the map i go to the mine and talk to both of them i leave go get some wine for the old guy and go talk to him again nothing happens ok i leave the mine the go on forums and look for help it says wait for hero spawns ok done that waited for like 4 weeks still nothing only things iv fought is the snake cult army and the 3 seers what do i do now?

PS: iv rebel against the empire and got janos and already have the kingdom of pendor.

@Rapter;For f*** sake rapter,RTFM.You claim to have read and gone to forums,but any person that read a rune weapon thread or the al-aziz thread or the qualis gems threads knows you need THREE TOTAL QUALIS GEMS to get a complete runed weapon,1 for the map,1 to purchase the weapon,1 to get it enchanted from the hermit guy.
Seriously,you just went and pissed me off.

@Uluego;
UluEgo said:
Firstly, congratulations... Shortly, PoP is one of the best mods...

However there is a kind of paradox (I can't find the proper word) in the mod... Let me explain: To obtain a SINGLE gem, we need to:
1) build a HUGE army (of course, our stats must be very good to do this),
2) find a HUGE army with a unique hero,
3) DEFEAT it (all of us know that it is not an easy job),
4) capture the hero (we have ONLY 20-40% chance).

Theeeeeeeeeeen, what? Do you think the rewards are worth for this effort? Do you think the player still needs a great sword or an order if he/she can achieve all those things written above?

Please don't misunderstand me! I don't want to be offensive. But I need a great sword in the BEGINNING of the game, NOT END of the game (it is also valid for elite troops).

So, what is my suggestion? Nothing..! This way seems weird to me, and I want to share my thoughts with you, that is all!

Best...

My friend,try a morningstar,a fierdsvain war axe,or kill a few noldor and get a noldor runesword or noldor longsword,or get a pendor great sword or ravenstern great sword or either a cross hilt noble sword.
Now thats a long list,innit?

You can't expect awesomecoreomgzz weapons to begin with,but all of those are very nice at the beginning.
You should have been trying weapons out and checking the shops instead of whining about the situation on the forums.

Thanks,
~Ãbyss

nice response  :neutral: i made it all the way to the mine without going on the forums show a little compassion atleast. i know i need 3 but thats where the problem lies i cant find any heros partys to fight.

Well,if you had read the forums like you have claimed so,you would know that the heroic parties spawn randomly at very very random times with very random chances.
Good luck with finding them.

And yeah,your post did not call for a compassionate response.

~Ãbyss

You know forums were created for people to ask questions... regardless of how frequently they come up.  You know instead of ranting and raving you could just post a quick link to the thread/page and say "here you go".  It would be so much easier and it would move people on quicker than you (or anybody else for that matter) insulting them.  I know the whole "well they won't ever learn" angle too, but really... does it kill you or anybody else to answer a simple question?  If you don't want to answer it for the 100th time than let somebody else.

Ãbyss said:
My friend,try a morningstar,a fierdsvain war axe,or kill a few noldor and get a noldor runesword or noldor longsword,or get a pendor great sword or ravenstern great sword or either a cross hilt noble sword.
Now thats a long list,innit?

You can't expect awesomecoreomgzz weapons to begin with,but all of those are very nice at the beginning.
You should have been trying weapons out and checking the shops instead of whining about the situation on the forums.

Thanks,
~Ãbyss

First of all, I am not whining... Writing a comment is a quite different action/concept/thing from whining...

Obviously you didn't understand what I mean... Read it again carefully:

UluEgo said:

What I mean is if the player can achieve all those things, then we come to a conclude that he/she is already a very powerful commander and doesn't need a great sword or an order..! In other words, the rewards are unvaluable if we consider all those efforts. Starting weapons are not the main topic I am talking about, the topic is I can't see the reason why the player needs a great sword or an order at the end of the game? They are important at the begining... At the end, you can win many battles if you have a party of 200+, even if you are "naked"?

Gem quest/thing (or whatever) is PoP's unique feature or main difference from the other mods, isn't it? I want to say that you are killing it by this way. It is my (humble) opinion and if you think of posting a negative/rude reply, please don't... I don't like arguments...

P.S.: I know there are many "good" weapons in the mod and my char is using a Balanced Pendor Sword (52 dmg, I think). Even this example supports my point of view... Do you think my char still needs a 60 dmg sword (I don't know the exact runes' stats, I am making up) especially if we consider all those efforts?

Best...

Back
Top Bottom