PWMOD: WAR (OPEN BETA) v1F released! Commence stockpiling!

Users who are viewing this thread

hmmm one thing what if some noob goes on serf and spam builds walls all over the map so no one can move or any thing  ?

This looks so... amazing. The fact that serfs can construct walls, boundries... etc. You've made me very excited for this next release.

grogbi said:
hmmm one thing what if some noob goes on serf and spam builds walls all over the map so no one can move or any thing  ?

A few points on that:

As explained in the OP, fortifications are constructable in designated areas only.

Furthermore, anything can be restricted by increasing its price; even if I can get fortifications that can be placed wherever you like, a noob wouldn't spam them if they took 5 minutes to build, would they? :smile:

Splintert said:
hopefully it wont split the mod's already meager community even more.

Chin up mate! :smile:

Thanks for the compliments on the concept folks. Sincerest apologies BARRY, but I reckon it will be worth it. Heh heh.

Thank you lazlo, you truly are god. You jus keep releasing another wonderful gamemode after another. All hail the great lazlo! All praise our saviour lazlo!

i just cant wait until it will come out :d . Maybe should make V1 without serf building walls

Probably not.. looks as if there are defined boundaries now.. big map.. but not as big as the world map in the original PW mod which will be better and not as much Lag.

Looks great.. and should be a blast to play.

terrorr said:
i just cant wait until it will come out :d . Maybe should make V1 without serf building walls

Huh?  :???:

SPQR said:
Probably not.. looks as if there are defined boundaries now.. big map.. but not as big as the world map in the original PW mod which will be better and not as much Lag.

Looks great.. and should be a blast to play.

Well PWMOD also had defined boundaries, it's impossible to make a map without defined boundaries. But the key thing is this map isn't huge nor overloaded with scene props like  the original map was. FPS won't be a problem unless you've got a truly shambolic computer.

I think terrorr is suggesting introducing the mod without the strategic building areas that serfs can build in and introduce them in a later release. Which doesn't make any sense because being able to build defenses would be a major "selling" point for this mod-spinoff I would think.

Yes, buildable defenses would be sweeeet..

Although, so would useable siege machines like rams and catapults to knock down those cool walls. :smile:

Herr_Thomas said:
SPQR said:

Although, so would useable siege machines like rams and catapults to knock down those cool walls. :smile:

Like that will ever happen

It'd be quite simple. There are already script codes for catapults which hit in a preset area. You can script them to only work when a specific class of character is nearby or by turning it into a command.

Lazslo, if you're interesting in the catapult stuff you can check out uthred's works (I think I spelled his name right) in the mod section in the Warband forum. Go watch his map preview videos and some of them have working catapults that only work when Engineer NPCs are nearby them apparently.

I would assume that rams would work in much the same manner. You'd simply have to make a ram model and script it like a siege tower on a specific path.

artifex said:
I think terrorr is suggesting introducing the mod without the strategic building areas that serfs can build in and introduce them in a later release. Which doesn't make any sense because being able to build defenses would be a major "selling" point for this mod-spinoff I would think.

I know what he's suggesting. My baffled expression was a subtle hint that, like you pointed out, it make absolutely no sense. :smile:

Herr_Thomas said:
SPQR said:

Like that will ever happen

Actually, it might be doable. I suppose it all depends on how existing third-party siege equipment deals out damage. 

Perhaps it only deals damage to constructable building/walls, and has an extreme reload time. It could be moveable like the seige tower is... you have to stand behind the wheels and move it yourself.

Back
Top Bottom