Present combat system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Vympel

Grandmaster Knight
Wanted to make some  points regarding present combat system :

• Enemy units don’t stay in one formation they prefer attacking in small groups Cavalry first then infantry then archers never together , I though in previous version of this mod had this problem solved?
• Enemy units who stay in formation like spear hoplites tend to walk up to my line within 10 steps and just stand there getting shot up by my archers.
• What’s the point of flag bearer? Isn’t it better to have armed standard bearer?
• Player gains experience too fast in my opinion .
• Bit of a lack of variety in enemy troops.
• Weapons and armor variety is lacking in my opinion and not historically accurate.
• Elephants have a messed up move animation .
• Generals Officers don’t seem to lead or be in formation kind of tagging along behind the lines .
• AI doesn’t like defending for some reason attacks when outnumbered
• AI retreats a short distance after taking casualties and just stands there taking shots.
• Long hoplite spears for infantry seem to suck AI can’t hit anything with it.
• Enemy AI tends to ignore me even when I am right behind them shooting them in the face lol.
• AI shows lack of interest in attacking the same target

Can any of this be addressed in the future release?

•  Weapons and armor variety is lacking in my opinion and not historically accurate.

I would just love to know what you consider to be historically accurate then.  Given your reference to sarissa pikes as "long hoplite spears," I suppose you want the armor from Gladiator and 300?

Otherwise you've mostly listed a handful of known issues and carryover problems from vanilla M&B, and seen fit to ignore the actual bug-report thread.

Vympel said:
Wanted to make some  points regarding present combat system :

• Enemy units don’t stay in one formation they prefer attacking in small groups Cavalry first then infantry then archers never together , I though in previous version of this mod had this problem solved?
• Enemy units who stay in formation like spear hoplites tend to walk up to my line within 10 steps and just stand there getting shot up by my archers.
• What’s the point of flag bearer? Isn’t it better to have armed standard bearer?
• Player gains experience too fast in my opinion .
• Bit of a lack of variety in enemy troops.
• Weapons and armor variety is lacking in my opinion and not historically accurate.
• Elephants have a messed up move animation .
• Generals Officers don’t seem to lead or be in formation kind of tagging along behind the lines .
• AI doesn’t like defending for some reason attacks when outnumbered
• AI retreats a short distance after taking casualties and just stands there taking shots.
• Long hoplite spears for infantry seem to suck AI can’t hit anything with it.
• Enemy AI tends to ignore me even when I am right behind them shooting them in the face lol.
• AI shows lack of interest in attacking the same target

Can any of this be addressed in the future release?

Do you play anything besides low difficulty, because on hard 1-3 hits and your dead, especially with 15 or so pikes pointing at you or when it is raining javelins and arrows.

Lol come down people , I thought all the bugs were fixed I haven’t played this for a year. And yes I use hard difficulty if that means normal combat setting...If you don’t like the thread delete it .Looks like this mod is not the Rome I used to play and different mods are working on it:sad: By the way is there such thing as Difficulty setting in this game ? All I see is AI settings .

The settings are set to easiest by defeault.. So if you dont know how to change em i would say you are playing on easiest. You can change how muuch damage penalty friendly (including you) and hostile troops get

Back
Top Bottom