PoP Official 3.9 Changelog [OLD]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
the 2x autocalc was never implemented correctly and thus never took affect when fighting Noldor prior to 3.9

3.9 Noldor have the best autocalc, over 3.8, over 3.7 etc.

MitchyMatt said:
the 2x autocalc was never implemented correctly and thus never took affect when fighting Noldor prior to 3.9

3.9 Noldor have the best autocalc, over 3.8, over 3.7 etc.

I was wondering, does this only have an effect if the player joins the battle and auto calculates it, or is it always active, even when the player is not participating in any way?

smilie.php

MitchyMatt said:
- equipment upgrade discount (-90% to both time and money); added two safety checks for negative time (min 1 day) and cost (min 1000 gold)

I'm afraid I don't understand this one.
Since it's listed under "Fixed Bugs" does that mean there was a bug which gave that discount before or do we all get that discount from now on?

Plasquar said:
MitchyMatt said:
- equipment upgrade discount (-90% to both time and money); added two safety checks for negative time (min 1 day) and cost (min 1000 gold)

I'm afraid I don't understand this one.
Since it's listed under "Fixed Bugs" does that mean there was a bug which gave that discount before or do we all get that discount from now on?

The calculations were messed up, resulting in less time and price discount (thus meaning you were paying more than a 10% and spending more than a 10% time in most occasions)

MitchyMatt said:
10. SENESCHAL'S WAR MENU
- enable/disable automatic troops training in the Training Grounds in a given location
How is it working?
1. In Seneschals menu i see the words like "enabled". It means  that it is on? Or i should see text "disabled" for that?
2. What troops will recieve exp? My Seneschal is lvl 10, it means he will train 10- lvl troops only?
3. How often they will recieve exp, once per night?
4. Can i choose the troop upgrade?

Thx for answers!

serchine said:
Glad to hear one can create Griffon Order by following Pendor culture alone.
Doesn't work.
20 relation, over 100 honor, 5000+ renown, and 1 mil denars. Pendor Culture. No Darilon nor letter. Still cannot found a chapter.

dhelfyre said:
serchine said:
Glad to hear one can create Griffon Order by following Pendor culture alone.
Doesn't work.
20 relation, over 100 honor, 5000+ renown, and 1 mil denars. Pendor Culture. No Darilon nor letter. Still cannot found a chapter.
You got a qualis gem?

Lots of great changes, it's cool that this mod is being updated again! Thanks for all the hard work!

I have some feedback specific to this change:

- after battles, in which the Noldor lords fight against "Qualis Gem heroes" (e.g. Wolfbode the Slayer, Eyegrim the Devourer, Seeress), defeated hero always escape 

This is a pretty huge change, in my mind for the worse.  It really makes Qualis gems much, much harder to obtain until later in the game (when you can either have a big enough army to take hordes down or are the marshal\king).  I assume that was the plan, but it's a bit of a bummer because Qualis gems unlock lots of cool things that make Pendor different than other mods.

Just for the record I completed a playthrough on 3.8 (like a year ago) and am at about 170 days in on 3.9. It's not like I was dripping with Qualis gems at 170 days in my 3.8 playthrough, but this time around there is no point in precipitating the epic horde-on-horde battles that were a memorable component of 3.8.

People cheesed Spawns into Noldor's and reloaded saved games until they got a capture for denars or a qualis gem. So it was changed in 3.9.

Qualis Gems are not that hard to come by if you know how to properly obtain them.

ForganMreeman said:
- after battles, in which the Noldor lords fight against "Qualis Gem heroes" (e.g. Wolfbode the Slayer, Eyegrim the Devourer, Seeress), defeated hero always escape 
This is a pretty huge change, in my mind for the worse.  It really makes Qualis gems much, much harder to obtain until later in the game (when you can either have a big enough army to take hordes down or are the marshal\king).  I assume that was the plan, but it's a bit of a bummer because Qualis gems unlock lots of cool things that make Pendor different than other mods.

Just for the record I completed a playthrough on 3.8 (like a year ago) and am at about 170 days in on 3.9. It's not like I was dripping with Qualis gems at 170 days in my 3.8 playthrough, but this time around there is no point in precipitating the epic horde-on-horde battles that were a memorable component of 3.8.
It surprises me how many people tried to rely on Aeldarian and Ithilrandir, why you don't need them at all. I mean there are plenty more opportunities at your disposal to get Qualis Gems early on. Like kiting into marshall forces / groups of vassals, ongoing feasts, other unique spawns, minor faction armies, join in a siege defense against a spawn trying to sack the fief, etc. And if you are in friendly terms with the given major faction, then their lords will join from the distance as well, so you don't even need to clash those spawns into lords, just get them close enough.

Some key aspects on maximizing Qualis Gem gains:
- Rumor Interval: 4 (during character creation)
- ask every lord, king, militia patrol, tavern keeper, castle scribe, ransom broker and traveller NPC for rumors. Whenever you encounter a group of vassals, ask all of them for rumors.

Armchair Cosmere Fanatic said:
I only know about the free Qualis in Rane, what are the other ways of getting gems? Asking for rumours all the time and farming unique spawns?
Yes, and also getting one from the Red Brotherhood Hideout and several more from Noldor Tournaments.

Gorvex said:
ForganMreeman said:

It surprises me how many people tried to rely on Aeldarian and Ithilrandir, when* you don't need them at all.

Same here... on my only serious gameplay (the only one which i aimed to finish and did it), I dont remember luring spawns to these lords... maybe once a Jatu spawn/army, but that was it. It is true I didnt have the lust that players seem to have here for these gems, that they must get 30 before day 300 or so... but are they really that needed?

I guess they are mostly spent on Finneas' elixirs, which even though i admit is a nice bonus to have, its not something indispensable. I only bought 2 elixirs from him by the time i finished my game, and i did save scum both as they were for my companions.

I understand that everyone has its own playstyle and that when you look at your previous one, you will see mistakes and other things you can improve to be more efficient the next time (specially if you're first-timing, you will see a lot of margin to improve lol), but... this aint a big drama. I even agreed with this suggestion as it was reported as "getting free qualis gems without even having to do anything on the battlefield", it only required you to lure the spawn to the Noldor forest.

But I wanted some changes on what it was implemented (specially n1).
1.  If you use the spawn to help yourself against the Noldor, that you could capture the Noldor lord (whilst if its you using the Noldor to capture the other guy, you could even go alone and stay afk and when you come back, you'll get the qualis, which was plain absurd).
2. That if you engage the Noldor lord on your own, and he is defeated, he surrenders to the player, rather than trying to run away like a filthy rat (EG naming), which doesnt suit them. This means a guaranteed capture, as there is nothing more painful than losing most of your elite troops after a really tough battle to get just some loot, on a battle that you can't use autocalc to your advantage like on the rest.
3. If he escapes (considering point 2, means attacking him with some other party), if he escapes, that he drops something (like Eyegrim and 3 Seers do upon escaping), as both lords are the toughest spawns in Pendor... (Noldor Spirit Horse with Heavy? modifier). Maybe Maltise should be added to this category as well (leaving her Netherworld Charger behind, but with a +ve modifier as its an item that can even be rarely found in shops)

3.91 changelog:
6. Female player will pay 50% of garrisons upkeep (which is 25% wage "when in party") in fiefs which belongs to her husband; as a result these fiefs will pay 25% less for garrisons and accumulated wealth will end up in husband's pocket (will have more money to recruit soldiers to the field army or pay upkeep) 

With this change there's no good reason to play a female character anymore since garrison poaching was the one single advantage that female characters had over males. Women will now have it considerably worse, since its already much harder to find a spouse, and once you do its a pain in the ass tracking your husband down whenever you want to throw a feast or manage your kingdom. And on top of that you now have to pay half his garrison costs. The only reason to play a female will be if you want to make your playthrough harder and more annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom