[Plaza] - Main Topic

Do you support the Europe 1805 - II version?

• Yes, I do

Votes: 756 78.2%
  • Yes, I do

Votes: 211 21.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Quintillius said:
Well tell you the truth; I don't have any far developed plans for ranks system or civil/government system. So I cannot tell you the exact details.
But buying comissions is indeed a nice feature.

PM tell what ever you thing capy.

JoelMB12 said:
Quintillius said:
Well tell you the truth; I don't have any far developed plans for ranks system or civil/government system. So I cannot tell you the exact details.
But buying comissions is indeed a nice feature.

You can PM me tell what ever you thing civil side.

Nobody is special. Nobody knows/will know more than anyone else.

Well just some short things: if you own a town, you can set tax, build walls, towers, roads, farms, upgrade buildings, view stats, issue decrees et cetera.

Sounds exciting huh!  :razz:

Quintillius said:

Well just some short things: if you own a town, you can set tax, build walls, towers, roads, farms, upgrade buildings, view stats, issue decrees et cetera.

Sounds awesome. Can't wait to play this wonderful mod.

Quintillius said:

Add : Changing town name, making villages and setting what faction's troops will you recruit ( you make 'em w/ moneh :grin: )

Good job, Quintillius.

Agovic said:
Add : Changing town name, making villages and setting what faction's troops will you recruit ( you make 'em w/ moneh :grin: )
IDIOT.
Why do you ask that? 'Making villages', that's impossible (I think). 'chancing town name', impractical, a-historical, unnecessary.
Just be content with the awesome features Quintillius is making.

Captured Joe said:
Good job, Quintillius.

Agovic said:

IDIOT.
Why do you ask that? 'Making villages', that's impossible (I think). 'chancing town name', impractical, a-historical, unnecessary.

Simple, a lot of people would love to make their own fiefs as they can not buy them..... In those times you could've done ANYTHING you wanted if you had money..... M&B's faction, territorial, vassal & army managment sucks ( and I am not talking only for 1.011, but all M&Bs ). You SHOULD be able to make villages, set their names etc. aswell as equip your " faction " that you create with the best of vassals by also buying them, some people ( randomly generated, about a hundred of them ) should offer you money in exchange for vassalage and fiefs, how it was in that age. You should also be able to change companion & <your> vassal's names and the vassals' equipment <as it is the case in M&B WB when you hire a new vassal, no matter that it's a mod like Rus Civil War that I BETA-test, he gets a 13th century heraldic armour -.- >

Giving companions fiefs should also be available.... Aswell as the thing that all vassals and those who offer to be your vassals have their quality, the less their quality is, the more they'll offer to ya'.

Even though it's fictional and not 100% historically correct with charachters, it is in the basis when you look at how it was in that era, read the book " War and Peace " ( Tolstoy ) and watch these two versions of it : 1965/7 and 2007. And you'll understand how it is, was, and shall always be when you talk about that era

( I've read the book, watched the 1965/7 movie <8hrs> and now have watched approx. half of the 2007 one, witch I have bought a couple of hours ago. The 2007 one is 480 minutes long ( 8 hours ), just like the 1965/7 one.... Both are really awesome )

So yes, my idea still is good..... A system like in N:TW should be made for the vassals thing, aswell as maybe making puppet states or something? But I think that is impossible.

Agovic. With 'impossible', I meant impossible to mod in.

Chancing town name... why? If you own, for example, Berlin, and you want to call it, say, 'Montenegerpolis', how could that be historically accurate?

And making new villages, how long do you think it'd take to build a village from scratch, especcially if you look at the size of the RL versions of the villages in Europe 1805? Making a new village as big as, say, Borodino, that would take ages. And then you're an old man behind your screen (if you continue playing at night, otherwise you won't live to see your village on the map). Remember, you live every in-game day in M&B.

Giving fiefs is only for Kings/rulers. You want to make an own kingdom/state? That's historically inaccurate too, so I don't see a reason to give that extra features (although it'd still be possible to do, it's the player's choice).

Even though it's fictional and not 100% historically correct with charachters, it is in the basis when you look at how it was in that era, read the book " War and Peace " ( Tolstoy ) and watch these two versions of it : 1965/7 and 2007. And you'll understand how it is, was, and shall always be when you talk about that era
You know, that sounds a little bit arrogant. I ****ing know how things were like back then, and it certainly was not like the 13th century Calradia of Native. When someone became Noble, he didn't instantly receive a fief. And you didn't just built a new village, or chanced the name of an important town. Or do they things like that in War & Peace? In that case I've missed a lot when I read that book some time ago.

Ah, and I've seen some parts of one of those movies; I didn't like them too much (compared to the book), although the Russians looked good (but French running away from them dressed in their 1815 uniforms (during an 1805 battle) = facepalm). I like Waterloo more, although that one has some (rather small) errors too.
(You know, I'd like to see a good novel/movie about the Wagram campaign of 1809. But of course, if it'd exist at all, it would not be available in my ****ty country...)

M&B doesn't allow us to change names ingame. And one can recruit troops only if they have joined them.

*RAGE*
Well, now you've done it. Congratulations, s*cker, you forced Quintillius to give up his secrets.
Die.
Cool story. Now shut up.

Heey! Look. Someone is going to be my best friend  :razz:.

In those times you could've done ANYTHING you wanted if you had money
Problem is... you do not have money. The player ingame is a little, poor guy who needs to do everything to get money. And if you're lucky by flipping a coin with the tavern keeper, you'll get a nice house!

You SHOULD be able to make villages, set their names etc. aswell as equip your " faction " that you create with the best of vassals by also buying them, some people ( randomly generated, about a hundred of them ) should offer you money in exchange for vassalage and fiefs, how it was in that age. You should also be able to change companion & <your> vassal's names and the vassals' equipment <as it is the case in M&B WB when you hire a new vassal, no matter that it's a mod like Rus Civil War that I BETA-test, he gets a 13th century heraldic armour -.- >
Yeah... true. But you should tell this to the game developers. I unfortunately cannot change hardcoded things.

Giving companions fiefs should also be available.... Aswell as the thing that all vassals and those who offer to be your vassals have their quality, the less their quality is, the more they'll offer to ya'.
That's not hard to implement. But what is the point of giving fiefs to your companions? And by the way the player is the faction leader in your story.

So yes, my idea still is good..... A system like in N:TW should be made for the vassals thing, aswell as maybe making puppet states or something? But I think that is impossible.
Yeah I really have liked the puppet state feature in Napoleon - Total War too. And was thinking of several options by conquering a town. Like: exterminating, sacking or just leaving the city in peace.
Whoops! I told you too much.  :eek:

Changing*  :mrgreen:

If you own, for example, Berlin, and you want to call it, say, 'Montenegerpolis',
ROFL!

And please guys. You need to remember that no mod is 100% perfect and historically accurate. I have to make decisions. Hard and easy decisions. So I really hope you will think twice when you have an idea. Just think twice, improve and make your idea something to being really worthy! Something that is easy and nice to implement.

But keep the ideas coming!

Captured Joe said:
Russians looked good (but French running away from them dressed in their 1815 uniforms (during an 1805 battle) = facepalm).

Haha, Battle of Schorgraben / Hollabrunn, 16 Nov 1805 :grin: :grin: Personally, my favourite part of the movie :grin:

Quintillius said:

No noblity in era own towns as said ruler, some them where just land owner of enitre village or town. They could do that if there in some public offices.

Let me try to understand this:

No noblity in era own towns as said ruler,
So no nobleman owned towns? Only the faction leader?

some them where just land owner of enitre village or town.
Some of them just owned land or entire villages/towns?

They could do that if there in some public offices.
The nobleman do need to have a public office to own land/village/town?

Major suggestion from Montenegro :
If I hearby know right, you are not part of the Age of Blackpowder series, so remove it from the beggining of the first post

And again, read it if you think it's smth stupid :razz: This is just for Quintillius

E1805v1 = In Blackpowder series
v2 = I don't think so, you moved your topic, so you no longer belong there :razz:

Quintillius said:
Cool story. Now shut up.
Sorry, edited that out.

Agovic said:
E1805v1 = In Blackpowder series
v2 = I don't think so, you moved your topic, so you no longer belong there :razz:
It wasn't moved here by Quintillius himself, but by Yoshiboy. He probably did this because this mod is in development, and should be in this board with the other ones.

Quintillius said:
Let me try to understand this:

No noblity in era own towns as said ruler,
So no nobleman owned towns? Only the faction leader?

some them where just land owner of enitre village or town.
Some of them just owned land or entire villages/towns?

They could do that if there in some public offices.
The nobleman do need to have a public office to own land/village/town?

This era of republic, decomancry and enlight/ aboslute or elect Monarchy. Fedualism is dying dead is most western world. Depend country being noble range with  right privliage ranging from choices of school to politcal offices, to just it being honorary landlord  power they had fedual lord die long time ago.

Old family at this switch from being fedual lord to landlord of town if there lucky.  That thing about mount blade engine it self it hard to work with anything out side that fedual setting.

My good modder I am suprise you not did study other aspect era. Hell evern people in higher echo of life have own cursus honorum or path of gentlemen.   

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nobles_of_the_First_French_Empire

I feel bad using wiki, it hard show with out whipping out book. That only french.

Or simply answer your questonyYes, yes , and yes.

JoelMB12 said:
My good modder I am suprise you not did study other aspect era. Hell evern people in higher echo of life have own cursus honorum or path of gentlemen. 
You arrogant basterd
Dear forumite, look at the features Quintillius added, and tell me if they aren't representative of the life of 'gentlemen' during that age. Besides, you're not a prince/count in-game, just a low-born soldier/subaltern/NCO.
AND. There are no 'nobles holding fiefs' anymore. Did you play Version I? Just look at your 'nobles', they are now all 'officers'; In smaller states, the faction leader (King/Emperor/Prince/Elector/Sultan/Pope) holds the main city (mostly the only one) while his officers (generals, marshalls and such, no 'vassals') have the castles and the villages. In biger stater, let's look at the Austrian Empire;
The faction leader, Emperor Francis, has most of the cities, a important ones like Prague and Wien; the other cities are given to one of (or both) the Archdukes, the imperial princes & brothers to the Emperor. The officers (with among them the occasional Freiherr, like Mack), have castles and villages.

Please play Version I before you resume.
And learn proper English.

Back
Top Bottom