[Plaza] - Main Topic

Do you support the Europe 1805 - II version?

• Yes, I do

Votes: 756 78.2%
  • Yes, I do

Votes: 211 21.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Captured Joe said:
Quintillius said:
Some fun with drum:

Oh, damn.
Is that a battle-line of flag-bearing drummers (or drum toting flag-bearers)? :shock:

What do those drummers/flag-bearers do in battle anyway?

Well that's a little problem that's going to be fixed. But expect drummer troops and standard bearer troops. Not a troop with drum & standard. I just equipped myself with both to preview them.

Additional Notes:
- One can fight with drum.
- One cannot fight with standard, only defend.
- Both troops do nothing and are free. They are there for beauty =p!

1) I wanna see Russians
2) I wanna see Montenegrins
3) I wanna see Serbians
4) I wanna see Russians
5) I wanna see Montenegrins
6) I wanna see Serbians
7) I wanna see Russians
8 ) I wanna see Montenegrins
9) I wanna see Serbians

Agovic said:
1) I wanna see Russians
3) I wanna see Serbians
4) I wanna see Russians
6) I wanna see Serbians
7) I wanna see Russians
9) I wanna see Serbians

Oh god not the Serb and Monten spam again, he completely spammed the Naploeonic Warfare thread with this crap and annoyed the crap outa everyone including Dom. PLease tell him to stop. Or he won't shut up about his stupid little insignificant piece of land. Sorry for the rage.

Well both of you guys are so bloody lucky that my country - Slovakia - didn't exist back then in 1805 (I'm sad about it but I can't change history).  Because if it does, ....you know what would happen  :mrgreen:
SPAM SPAM SPAM  :lol:

Agovic said:
1) I wanna see Russians
3) I wanna see Serbians
4) I wanna see Russians
6) I wanna see Serbians
7) I wanna see Russians
9) I wanna see Serbians

The only thing I want to hear is: "Nice mod man!" or "Keep up the good work!" or "Yaay!!"  :mrgreen:.

Oh god not the Serb and Monten spam again, he completely spammed the Naploeonic Warfare thread with this crap and annoyed the crap outa everyone including Dom. PLease tell him to stop. Or he won't shut up about his stupid little insignificant piece of land. Sorry for the rage.

I know. He's annoying. But you need to take a break.

Ok, YAAY AWESOME NICE MOD

First, gimme the damned BETA already xDDD

Second

1) I wanna see Russians
3) I wanna see Serbians
4) I wanna see Russians
6) I wanna see Serbians
7) I wanna see Russians
9) I wanna see Serbians

XD This is nau more of a joke than Montenegrin right-wing propaganda :grin:

*sigh*

Agovic, please stop. It's getting annoying, and people will get angry at you if you continue.

Honestly, I want to see the Russians too (they had awesome uniforms then), but I leave it to Quintillius (and to Sudi555, Master of the Imperial Wardrobe) to decide when they'll make it. I think that rushing it would decrease the (usually high) quality of the uniforms.

Captured Joe said:
*sigh*

Agovic, please stop. It's getting annoying, and people will get angry at you if you continue.

Honestly, I want to see the Russians too (they had awesome uniforms then), but I leave it to Quintillius (and to Sudi555, Master of the Imperial Wardrobe) to decide when they'll make it. I think that rushing it would decrease the (usually high) quality of the uniforms.

Nah, don't be mad, I'm just tolling @ my friend Quintillius :grin:

Quintillius said:
Captured Joe said:
Quintillius said:
Some fun with drum:

Oh, damn.
Is that a battle-line of flag-bearing drummers (or drum toting flag-bearers)? :shock:

What do those drummers/flag-bearers do in battle anyway?

Well that's a little problem that's going to be fixed. But expect drummer troops and standard bearer troops. Not a troop with drum & standard. I just equipped myself with both to preview them.

Additional Notes:
- One can fight with drum.
- One cannot fight with standard, only defend.
- Both troops do nothing and are free. They are there for beauty =p!

Those are awesome! Standards and drums are somehow a part of the era... Are the standard bearers going to carry factional or your own banners? And Agovic, patriotism is not a bad thing, not at all. But too much of it is like too much of anything: it turns you into an ******* hated by everybody. You certainly are not one, but mark my words as a general wisdom.

Agovic said:
Captured Joe said:
*sigh*

Nah, don't be mad, I'm just tolling @ my friend Quintillius :grin:

Well you need to do more things to earn that.

Those are awesome! Standards and drums are somehow a part of the era...

Thank you! I really appreciate this. Have you already checked the previous standard bearer screenshots? No? Go back some pages =p!

Are the standard bearers going to carry factional or your own banners?

They are going to be factional since nobody carried personal banners. You need to support the faction! Not yourself! Don't be selfish :mrgreen:.

And Agovic, patriotism is not a bad thing, not at all. But too much of it is like too much of anything: it turns you into an ******* hated by everybody. You certainly are not one, but mark my words as a general wisdom.

It's true. Agovic, you need to temper your pattriotic expression here.

Ok, YAAY AWESOME NICE MOD

First, gimme the damned BETA already xDDD

That's better.

Are the standard bearers going to carry factional or your own banners?

They are going to be factional since nobody carried personal banners. You need to support the faction! Not yourself! Don't be selfish :mrgreen:.

Naah. I`ll just build my own Empire and make a gallery of the banners of the defeated nations... I AM  UTTERLY SELFISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT!

Is there any interesting system of faction forging beyond take X land and delcare your X ruler of X faction?

JoelMB12 said:
Is there any interesting system of faction forging beyond take X land and delcare your X ruler of X faction?

Well if you take a castle or town and you are a rebel or you don't belong to a faction, you will have your own kingdom.

I`m farely sure Joel meant something like Warband has, with the ability to customize faction name, gain lords, gain right to rule and interact with the other factions.

Quintillius said:
Eh! Small thing... I saw those French shakos in version 1 already, and really loved their looks (even my Danish char has one in his uniform collection!), but they are incorrect for this perion; the shakos the French wore during 1804-1806 (or 1804-1807) had a square copper plate on it, not this one.

(I know the headdresses still have to be made, and I believe you already know about the shakos, but I just want to be sure about that...)

Anyway, great work. Keep it up!

Captured Joe said:
Quintillius said:
Eh! Small thing... I saw those French shakos in version 1 already, and really loved their looks (even my Danish char has one in his uniform collection!), but they are incorrect for this perion; the shakos the French wore during 1804-1806 (or 1804-1807) had a square copper plate on it, not this one.

(I know the headdresses still have to be made, and I believe you already know about the shakos, but I just want to be sure about that...)

Anyway, great work. Keep it up!
To be completely correct, French line infantry didn't receive a shako until February 1806, at the earliest---the bicorne wasn't largely replaced until the following year, and there are even reports of it being issued as late as the 1812 campaign. Four light infantry regiments had been wearing shakoes since 1800, though.

You are partially right; it's true that some units kept their bicornes well into 1806 (maybe even half of the units), but shakos were issued from about 1804. There was an 1804 model, a 1806 (or 1807) one, and the 1812 model, seen in the above mentioned screenshot.

Here are a few scans, to strengthen my point:

(Taken from: Liliane and Fred Funcken, Arms and Uniforms: The Napoleonic Wars Part 1.)

Page 35:

Note the 3 shakos upper right; the short description of the numbers read:
"9-11. Shakos, 1804, 1806, and 1810."

Page 30:

Figures numbers 1 and 2 are:
"1. Private, Battalion Company, full dress, 1804-7."
"2. Light Infantryman, service dress, 1806."

It is true that light infantry already wore shakos; they were simple black affairs, with green cords and a tall green plume on the left side.

I have searched all of the books I have access to, as well as all over the internet, and can find no mention of an 1804 model shako, only the 1806, 1810 and 1812 line infantry patterns. It would seem to me that the book you've used for reference is incorrect.

According to Philip Haythornthwaite's (one of the world's foremost experts on the era) book Napoleon's Line Infantry "in February 1806 the first Line infantry shako was authorised, replacing the bicorne generally by 1807". Les Uniformes de l'Armee Francaise by Dr. Lienhart and R. Humbert agrees (a plate showing as much can be seen Here) As does This page by the respected Bernard Coppens. The same is found on This oft cited website. Even Wikipedia agrees. Further more, Carle Vernet's (who lived and worked as in artist in the period) plates show French line infantry wearing bicornes in 1805.

I don't claim to be anything like an expert on Napoleonic uniforms, but I simply can't find any source that says French line infantry adopted a shako before 1806. Anyway, this is a mod thread and not really the place to argue about this.

Back
Top Bottom