Phoenix's Persistant Guild System

Users who are viewing this thread

True fax some in TW shouldn't be but a lot of us are also on hair-string triggers because we keep on getting f*cked with.

Edit:+50 points for first post on page 5!

But that's the problem Phoenix. What you know of us isn't all we do. I've probably never started a war more then three times int he entire time I've been playing this version. We focus on peaceful roleplay and economics if we can. I'd be perfectly happy having weaker fighting stats, if the fact wasn't that people always declare war on us.

The only perk from the merchants that's still in there is investing, because it's something that we do. (Seriously, go look at past bank accounts, I'm working on getting money transferred from Oprec to RCC right now.) That combined with the added restrictions to war, and the removal of aggressive perks balances it out in my opinion. If you don't believe that's balanced, do you have any other ideas of how we could balance it?  Because the war faction would not fit Tidwell, it would give us nothing faction wise to do but war, and I dislike war. War is something to be avoided for House Tidwell, and so I can not picture us signing up as a war faction. The merchants sound like they'd be better except for the fact that we'd be unable to defend ourselves during the inevitable attacks on us.

Tirok said:
But that's the problem Phoenix. What you know of us isn't all we do. I've probably never started a war more then three times int he entire time I've been playing this version. We focus on peaceful roleplay and economics if we can. I'd be perfectly happy having weaker fighting stats, if the fact wasn't that people always declare war on us.

The only perk from the merchants that's still in there is investing, because it's something that we do. (Seriously, go look at past bank accounts, I'm working on getting money transferred from Oprec to RCC right now.) That combined with the added restrictions to war, and the removal of aggressive perks balances it out in my opinion. If you don't believe that's balanced, do you have any other ideas of how we could balance it?  Because the war faction would not fit Tidwell, it would give us nothing faction wise to do but war, and I dislike war. War is something to be avoided for House Tidwell, and so I can not picture us signing up as a war faction. The merchants sound like they'd be better except for the fact that we'd be unable to defend ourselves during the inevitable attacks on us.

If you want knights, and an army you would be a war faction, the title isnt about making wars, its about the members of the faction, if your majority soldiers thats where your guild belongs.

ill look into specialities for war factions, such as A Commerce war faction but you cant be great fighter s AND traders to the extend traders are in the guild system, all you want is the interest after all...

I cant give you a custom made faction, its unfair on other guilds and they will want the same.

I'm at a loss as to what my House should be, given that the secret type is so limited. My House is a heavily role-play oriented place wherein the subject matter is medical research. At the very least I suppose having a front for the true operation would be acceptable. IE: House Grey is a Merchant Guild to make money, but behind the scenes they experiment on cadavers and formulate medicines and drugs.

I think you'd be better off re-evaluating your system from micro managing each very specific type; Guards, War, Magic, Secret, etc etc.  Consider how attributes are given in many games! If you think in terms of the operation of the guild you could do it this way. Combat, Economic, Social(this would include anything in selling non tangible services like assassins, information, slaves, etc, etc , etc. Now each of these groups has sub groups. Just a suggestion, in any case. Now categories include a specific perk and then again when a sub category is chosen.

Morgana_Grey said:
I'm at a loss as to what my House should be, given that the secret type is so limited. My House is a heavily role-play oriented place wherein the subject matter is medical research. At the very least I suppose having a front for the true operation would be acceptable. IE: House Grey is a Merchant Guild to make money, but behind the scenes they experiment on cadavers and formulate medicines and drugs.

I think you'd be better off re-evaluating your system from micro managing each very specific type; Guards, War, Magic, Secret, etc etc.  Consider how attributes are given in many games! If you think in terms of the operation of the guild you could do it this way. Combat, Economic, Social(this would include anything in selling non tangible services like assassins, information, slaves, etc, etc , etc. Now each of these groups has sub groups. Just a suggestion, in any case. Now categories include a specific perk and then again when a sub category is chosen.

im sure i already explained that there are sub guild types coming, this is a test to see if basic guild ideas work before i make it even more complicated by adding sub guilds.

Traders guild suits you, with a Bad Alignment. When i finish up my magic addition you can choose white, Black or blue magic to go ontop of that.

First things first to get the basic guild system working before i split each guild into say 5 subgroups... i doubt this mods players can keep up with that as it is

Tirok said:

Isn't it possible to just go without perks? The whole point of making a persistent faction is for fun, not perks.

But if this system is put to use, we'd be at a severe disadvantage without perks.

What if Men at arms and sergeant were restricted? We don't use them much anyway.

Also, I'm not asking for a custom faction. I'm asking for that as an addition to the faction choices. Anyone would be able to use it and have the same perks. I feel like it would be a good in-between for anyone who would want it.

it kinda ruins the point if your guild has everything it needs, your meant to be limited in some ways and use other guilds for help :/

Oh believe me, I could ask for a lot more. Haha. That's far from everything Tidwell needs to run happily and in isolation. And besides, we'll still go to more combat focused factions for stronger soldiers (sergeant class and stuff) and we'll still want to ally with traders to get some of the spoils of their trade. If anything it would force us to put a foot in both worlds.

As for all the other factions, I'm not sure when we'd need them but we may at some times.

Is there anything that seems inherently unfair about my proposed addition?

Of course there are disadvantages for not having perks but at least you don't have any of the disadvantage perks.

Tirok said:
Oh believe me, I could ask for a lot more. Haha. That's far from everything Tidwell needs to run happily and in isolation. And besides, we'll still go to more combat focused factions for stronger soldiers (sergeant class and stuff) and we'll still want to ally with traders to get some of the spoils of their trade. If anything it would force us to put a foot in both worlds.

As for all the other factions, I'm not sure when we'd need them but we may at some times.

Is there anything that seems inherently unfair about my proposed addition?

yes. your potentially the richest war faction by default. so wont get a bank account with a traders guild which is what your meant toso

I thought about it tidwell and decided to keep it how it is for now, if you want to gain interest on money give it to a bankers guild and get it back from them at the end of the week.

it forces guilds to hire other guilds and increases competitiveness, you might not get the full 5% interest but other guilds might give better rates,

Hm... *Imagines the Tidwellian Trading Union* I'll have to do the math and see how long that would take to pay off the 500k. Haha.

I'm just not sold that "Secretive" is the best way to categorize what is there. "Secretive" as it stands now is defining majorly -assassins- and giving specific functions to them.

Also, I think that one reason you're meeting some opposition to this system is because of the way many that lead factions operate... A lot of people just assume the faction to be a kingdom (established or not) with a king and or queen. Well, why shouldn't King Jimmy be able to have his own assassins, merchants, army, and guards! Rabble rabble rabble. Now this is just an observation, nothing reflecting what you've brought here.

Morgana_Grey said:
I'm just not sold that "Secretive" is the best way to categorize what is there. "Secretive" as it stands now is defining majorly -assassins- and giving specific functions to them.

Also, I think that one reason you're meeting some opposition to this system is because of the way many that lead factions operate... A lot of people just assume the faction to be a kingdom (established or not) with a king and or queen. Well, why shouldn't King Jimmy be able to have his own assassins, merchants, army, and guards! Rabble rabble rabble. Now this is just an observation, nothing reflecting what you've brought here.
This is a guild system, not a faction system. It's stated in the top of the thread. It's not meant for kingdoms, only guilds. Although I do agree that Secretive favours assassins too much. I also think that the guild system should be made so that it's made for guild and guilds only. That way you don't get underpowered/overpowered kingdoms and guilds will be used more often.

Edit:+50 points for first post on page 6!

killer110 said:
Morgana_Grey said:

This is a guild system, not a faction system. It's stated in the top of the thread. It's not meant for kingdoms, only guilds. Although I do agree that Secretive favours assassins too much. I also think that the guild system should be made so that it's made for guild and guilds only. That way you don't get underpowered/overpowered kingdoms and guilds will be used more often.

Thank you for pointing out something that is clearly obvious. When people form groups (the types that will participate in this system), they are called Persistent factions. Semantics or not, what I said is still relevant.

What you seem to be implying only raises more questions about the intended usage of this system, basing it even more on the semantic. If this system is strictly to be used by GUILDSand guilds only, then the leader of a persistent FACTION might only be encouraged to found several GUILDS to benefit his FACTION. You may of seen this before with some faction leaders creating "Divisions". Yes their grand faction has merchants and assassins, a spy network, an army, some farmers, its own personal guard, wizards AND a dragon. Do you catch my drift?

Morgana_Grey said:
killer110 said:
Morgana_Grey said:

Thank you for pointing out something that is clearly obvious. When people form groups (the types that will participate in this system), they are called Persistent factions. Semantics or not, what I said is still relevant.

What you seem to be implying only raises more questions about the intended usage of this system, basing it even more on the semantic. If this system is strictly to be used by GUILDSand guilds only, then the leader of a persistent FACTION might only be encouraged to found several GUILDS to benefit his FACTION. You may of seen this before with some faction leaders creating "Divisions". Yes their grand faction has merchants and assassins, a spy network, an army, some farmers, its own personal guard, wizards AND a dragon. Do you catch my drift?

Let me ask this, how many people play this mod? lol

Legolan said:
Morgana_Grey said:
killer110 said:
Morgana_Grey said:

Let me ask this, how many people play this mod? lol

Definitely not enough to satisfy most of the undertakings  :sad:

Back
Top Bottom