Perisno Q&A + FAQ

Users who are viewing this thread

DarkOmegaMK2 said:
Michadr said:
DarkOmegaMK2 said:
This might seem like a silly question, but i'll throw it anyway:

In the title screen, there two guys one holding a spear with the flag and the other with a shield, is the 8 pointed star the logo of Perisno? or is it just some random logo attached to that image?

I ask this because i really would like to have a canonical "Kingdom of Perisno" flag if it's possible.
Good eye their! Everything on that image represents Perisno one way or another. What is not yet in the mod, will most likely be included in some update in the future.

Decided to give it a go:

perisnoflagv1_zps9cf19cb2.png

So? what do you guys think?
I like it! If you could make that look like other banners in the game it would be easy to add in-game

Michadr said:
DarkOmegaMK2 said:
Michadr said:
DarkOmegaMK2 said:

In the title screen, there two guys one holding a spear with the flag and the other with a shield, is the 8 pointed star the logo of Perisno? or is it just some random logo attached to that image?

I ask this because i really would like to have a canonical "Kingdom of Perisno" flag if it's possible.
Good eye their! Everything on that image represents Perisno one way or another. What is not yet in the mod, will most likely be included in some update in the future.

Decided to give it a go:

I like it! If you could make that look like other banners in the game it would be easy to add in-game

I thought i gave it an eye, at least i compared to all the other kingdom banners which go in the same fashion. (Logo in the middle with colored background for most of them AND sometimes a black outline on the logo, but decided it was not a good idea.)

What is it missing to you, it would be nice to know.

DarkOmegaMK2 said:
Michadr said:
DarkOmegaMK2 said:

Decided to give it a go:

would look slightly better with some black trim around the edge if the star but looks good

i got a question can the red armor the elven rangers wear get a buff cause id really like to wear it but its just not good enough

FreDsDeaD said:
DarkOmegaMK2 said:
Michadr said:
DarkOmegaMK2 said:

Decided to give it a go:

would look slightly better with some black trim around the edge if the star but looks good

I actually did that because some of the kingdom banners have that black outline, but it didn't seem good to me.

One: because the guys on the title screen don't have a black outline on their shield and flag.
Two: It makes it seem like it doesn't fit, so i opted for a style more in the like of Drahara and Reich, which are logo with colored background.

I will make it and post it here just so you can see it for yourself.

DarkOmegaMK2 said:
FreDsDeaD said:

I actually did that because some of the kingdom banners have that black outline, but it didn't seem good to me.

One: because the guys on the title screen don't have a black outline on their shield and flag.
Two: It makes it seem like it doesn't fit, so i opted for a style more in the like of Drahara and Reich, which are logo with colored background.

Here's the comparison, ALSO i think i figured out what @Michadr was talking about, now the flag looks a bit more grainy and rugged, and it fits a million times better than before with the other kingdom flags.

Without outline:
perisnoflagv2-1_zps4ec0b0a8.png

With outline:
perisnoflagv2_zps1d77fcbe.png

Any more observations?

EDIT: just for the record, i haven't tested them in-game yet. so these may vary slightly when looked into M&B's perspective.

Sorry I didn't explain what I meant, but yes you seem to have done it pretty well :smile:
But i like both!! I can't make up my mind which one is better. I guess more feedback from other people would help. Then I'll choose which one to add to the mod.

Michadr said:
Sorry I didn't explain what I meant, but yes you seem to have done it pretty well :smile:
But i like both!! I can't make up my mind which one is better. I guess more feedback from other people would help. Then I'll choose which one to add to the mod.

Alright, i tried to figure out the correct shade of green that was closer to Perisno Kingdom, so if anyone thinks there needs to be a darker or lighter shade of green or a different color altogether i can give it a shot and see how it looks.

I know i've been double posting a lot but it hit just now so i'll ask before i forget about it.

Maybe this is stated and may have missed it in my frenetic dialogue skipping.

What is the relation between Perisno and "Dark Forest"? because it gets references a lot in several units and more importantly, where IS this Dark Forest? Assuming it's even a place at all.

TRIPLE POST!!

so i took the liberty to che-*ahem* I mean, play the game legitilately without any modifications or anything, yes... hehe :smile:

In order to see how the flag looks in-game, i even colored and changed the faction name to make it more appealing, i gotta say. I like the results:

mb37_zps826377ee.jpg

mb38_zps85a92724.jpg

mb36_zps4738e6f5.jpg

mb35_zps63002312.jpg

If you have to wonder, the color composition i took a few minutes to find a shade of green that was both clear and distinctive from the Redwood, i used this one in case you want to follow this guideline:

mb40_zpsc29fa006.jpg

mb39_zpsd65cf42c.jpg

Alex the Seeker said:
well that looks cool  :shock:

any chance that banner gets into 0.71? (have literaly no ideea how to add banners since i was never interested)

I can post a tiny mod with a couple instructions one how to use it. It would replace one of the existing banners thought.

It really isn't hard at all.

Alex the Seeker said:

any chance that banner gets into 0.71? (have literaly no ideea how to add banners since i was never interested)
should add some different color ones just to mix it up like a black background

FreDsDeaD said:
Alex the Seeker said:

should add some different color ones just to mix it up like a black background

I accept suggestions! Ask and you shall receive!

Alex the Seeker said:

Why wait for 0.71 when you can get it NAO!

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=313737.new#new

DarkOmegaMK2 said:
Alex the Seeker said:

haha thx mate ^_^ gonna start the rebuilding of the Perisno Empire in a few days when i actually got time to play  :sad:

Alex the Seeker said:
DarkOmegaMK2 said:
Alex the Seeker said:

haha thx mate ^_^ gonna start the rebuilding of the Perisno Empire in a few days when i actually got time to play  :sad:

Too bad that the flag will not do your work/homework for you.

DarkOmegaMK2 said:
DarkOmegaMK2 said:
FreDsDeaD said:

Here's the comparison, ALSO i think i figured out what @Michadr was talking about, now the flag looks a bit more grainy and rugged, and it fits a million times better than before with the other kingdom flags.

Without outline:
perisnoflagv2-1_zps4ec0b0a8.png

With outline:
perisnoflagv2_zps1d77fcbe.png

Any more observations?

EDIT: just for the record, i haven't tested them in-game yet. so these may vary slightly when looked into M&B's perspective.

Both are pretty good, i do like the Black outlined a little more as it makes the logo Stand out.

The no outlines one is more realistic. I don't think people in the medieval age used black outlines to shape emblems... lel.

Yber said:
The no outlines one is more realistic. I don't think people in the medieval age used black outlines to shape emblems... lel.

Many of the current kingdom flags in Perisno have outlines actually (Tolrania, Hakkon, Elvarie and Maccavia in fact.) . More than realism this is about blending with the rest of the logos.

That said, I do like the logo without the outline as well.

Back
Top Bottom