[Outdated] Unofficial Mount & Blade Editor (0.403b - for 0.750)

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm afraid I will not be maintaining the editor.  So unless someone else wants to pick it up and maintain it, it is no longer supported.

A.K.A. Don't use the UE for any serious modding because it's not going to work at all soon.

It totally works with 7.51, doesn't tamper with saved games, exept for one thing. It borks up the castle attack sequences, but that's fixable by copying your native mission_templates.txt into your mod folder.

Effidian said:
The Unofficial Mount & Blade Editor allows you to modify the .txt files that are used by Mount & Blade to describe many of the in game elements (items, troops, parties, etc).  It is different than the official Module System because it has a graphical user interface and it modifies the .txt files directly. 

Download the current editor  (for 0.730, 0.731, 0.750) 
Requires: .NET 2.0 Framework (NOT the beta) installed
Unzip the executable into any directory and run it. 

NOTE:  This editor allows you to modify some of the game elements  of Mount & Blade.  We do not yet know what effects all of these elements may have.  It would be a very good idea to backup your savegames BEFORE using them with any modified content.  It is possible that by setting objects to values that aren't supported that you may get your savegame in a state that it can no longer be loaded.   Please edit responsibly...

what was that NO BETA INSTALLED i have "V751" beta i think writes there and of course full version can i run this program?

It is refering to the .NET 2.0 beta... nothing to do with M&B.

It will work with 0.751 most of the time, however it doesnt support everything that the python scripts do.

Thorgrim said:
It is refering to the .NET 2.0 beta... nothing to do with M&B.

It will work with 0.751 most of the time, however it doesnt support everything that the python scripts do.

thanks......................im curently downloading the NET.framework 2.0 then one linket in the firs post its that the right one

ok i have the editor it doesnt run it shows somethink like this:

this aplication has failled to start because aplication configuration is incorect. reinstalling aplication may fix this problem
what should i do?>

Well, thats a shame, this editor certainly had its place. I think I just fixed Last Days to be compatible with it too. heh.

Well, heres to the apparent departure of one of the godfathers of M&B modding.

Yes, it is rather a shame, as if you're not a coder already, writing in a mod in the game script is a very time consuming business.

odd, when i so much as try to open native, i get this:

Failed to enable constraints. One or more rows contain values violating non-null, unique, or foreign-key constraints.
Column 'Name, Type' is constrained to be unique.  Value 'long_sword, 6' is already present.
Column 'Name, Type' is constrained to be unique.  Value 'long_sword, 6' is already present.

i don't do any seriuos modding, but i do use this to add items that i make

Seems like you duped a weapon or something.  But then I don't use the UE much so I can't say I know much about the errors it gives, sorry.

is this only for up to 0.750 cause i have 0.751, but i really really really wanna try and use it

You can use it with 0.751, however it cannot do everything the official module system can, and can sometimes cause problems.  Many people do still use it for little mod projects though, and it works quite well for those kind of things.

Back
Top Bottom