[Outdated] Unofficial Mount & Blade Editor (0.403b - for 0.750)

Users who are viewing this thread

thnx Thorgrim!

doing it now. lets see how it turns out... i recon we hav a winner here.

Thorgrim, if i post the code i used (using Effidians Editor) would you be able to give me details if i ask them? (considering the script, i.e. REG[5] and such?)

EDIT: done it... and my Brawlers were a no show. they are supposed to spawn to the west of Zendar the script i used was:

im guessing i used the wrong commands  :oops:

well its my first attempt so please no flaming, i realy want to learn how to script and do similar stuff cause its realy the only part of moding im terrible at (im not too bad at everything else :razz:)

Thorgrim said:
HHUK, dark_shadow89:  What mods are you trying to edit?

It really depends on the mod... for example The Last Days doesn't work with the UE, however Story Mod, and a lot of other mods should work fine with it... feel free to list any that don't work with it, and I can look into making them work maybe...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/HHUK2K01/moutnbladeedit.jpg

I'm trying to edit the latest version of storymod and get those errors, they're probably fixable some easy way but I've not really looked into modding yet and wouldn't want to break anything.

Thanks Thorgrim.  How about starting a new post with your version of the editor and I'll lock this post?  Or better yet, make you a moderator and you can edit the thread as you need to. 

I'm afraid I've just stopped enjoying updating the editor, and once it becomes like a job I don't get paid for, then it is time for me to quit. 

leprechaun said:
Lu Bu said:
Does that mean the unoffical editor entered a standstill?
No, it just wouldn't let me use that quest. I just made a new one.

Hehe I meant Effidian, not you. :razz: But he now answered the question anyway. Just wanted to clear this.  :wink:

Thorgrim, now that you are a moderator you should be able to just edit the original post to point to the new version.  I won't make any changes to the code without talking to you first, so do with it what you will.

Thanks and good luck.

Thanks Effidian, hope you still have time for the occasional update, since I still dont know exactly how a lot of your code works :wink: .  I was planning to make a few more little changes before I updated the post, but haven't had time tonight, so I just updated with the small fix I posted the other day.

dark_shadow89, HHUK: Looks like the latest version of story mod might not work with the current UE then, unless you fix the things it lists.  You can open up the txt files and resolve them if you really want to.  I do have some plans to help resolve these kind of issues, but I'm not sure I'll have time to add them for a while.

It sort of works.

If you just want to make a few changes to Native,
Open the Editor,
Open Native,
Make all your changes,
Save as.
Then go back to the native folder and copy the skins and sounds text files into your new mod's folder.
The mod should work now.

For anything else, though (e.g. editing an existing mod), I've run into problems saving the mod.  I think you'll have to wait on the next version.

We REALLY need a sound editing section to the unofficial editor. The way it's working now to edit sounds is completely frustrating. It's nearly impossible to get it working right all the time.

Did I do something wrong with the install or does the launch the map editor function just not launch the map editor anymore?

Colt said:
Did I do something wrong with the install or does the launch the map editor function just not launch the map editor anymore?

For the moment the Map Editor must be placed in the M&B directory to launch with the UE, I'm guessing you havent placed it in your 0.751 directory yet?

here's my quick-n-dirty fix method:  Copy the textfile entries line by line into the 7.51 textfiles.  Copy the dds and brf files individually, replacing the native 7.51 files as you go.  You need to do the text line by line or you will lose all the new stuff in 7.51.

effidian and thorgrim - your editing tools are works of genius.  If my admiration, respect and thanks are enough to keep you working on them, that would be awesome.  If not, then I am certainly on your wavelength - if it ain't fun, don't force yourselves.  Once again - awesome work.

Can you give me a litle tutorial about making a new spawn point and having the parties attached to it roaming the map ? I don't clearly understand how it works? What governs their apparition on the map ?
I made some parties, then change the parties templantes and edit the triggers and, always with the unofiial editor, made new spawn points and changed their location on the map. I saved, begin a new game and still I don't see the new parties. Where are they ?

Help me please :roll:
Luigi

luigi said:
Can you give me a litle tutorial about making a new spawn point and having the parties attached to it roaming the map ? I don't clearly understand how it works? What governs their apparition on the map ?
I made some parties, then change the parties templantes and edit the triggers and, always with the unofiial editor, made new spawn points and changed their location on the map. I saved, begin a new game and still I don't see the new parties. Where are they ?

Help me please :roll:
Luigi

I'll try help you here Luigi, I've experimenting with it the past few days to get my mod working correctly.
Here goes...

It seems you know how to do spawn points, I usually copy a pre-made one in the parties section and add it, then give it a custom position on the map with the x/y co-ords. Nothing new yet. Then I make the party templates... now for the triggers.

Trigger 1

If you're making troops there's a peak variable you have to make, meaning only so many troops can be spawned and exist on the map. Give it a certain number...
"VAR (peak_new_party_name) = 6"

Trigger 2

Conditions

1. You'll then need a register to store the number currently on the map.
"REG[2] = store_num_parties_of_template(PARTY_TPL[pt_new_party_name])

2. Now the thing that decides if there's too many parties spawned.
if(NOT REG[2] >= VAR[peak_new_party_name])

Consequences

1. I assume this number is randomly generated to decide when the parties spawn.
REG[5] = store_random(1)

2. I assume this just declares the spawn point.
REG[5] += PARTY[p_new_party_spawn_point]

3. Spawn radius.. self explanitory.
set_spawn_radius(1)

4. This is the code that spawns it.
reg[0] = spawn_around_party(REG[5],PARTY_TPL[pt_new_party_name])

5. This just increases the unit count.
VAR[num_new_party_name] +=1

If you're making a party spawn for a new faction you've made, you'll need this function instead of spawn_around_party
call_script (spawn_party_at_faction_town_if_below_limit)
Along with the :
VAR[pin_faction] = FACTION(fac_yourfaction)
VAR[pin_party_template] = PARTY_TPL(pt_new_party_name)
VAR[pin_limit] = VAR[peak_new_party_name]

Above it.

Even if you don't need it anymore, somebody will need it one day. :wink:

Is there a way of adding new hair meshes and textures using the text files?  I have never been able to do Python properly, or usually even get it to work, so I could do with some help.

Hughbèr said:
Is there a way of adding new hair meshes and textures using the text files?  I have never been able to do Python properly, or usually even get it to work, so I could do with some help.

Sure you can edit skins.txt, but it is much easier editing module_skins.py.  Just copy one entry, paste and rename.

ChurchOfFonz said:
Is there going to be an update on this editor for version .751, or are you waiting for a new version? :?:

As I have said, I don't really have any time to work on this, I really just made a quickfix hoping that Effidian would have time to sort it out properly later, however it seems he doesnt have any time either.  You must remember that the UE was started when there was no python module system, and all there was, was the text files.  Effidian has done a great job getting the UE to where it is now, however I cant see it continuing if he gives up on it.  It is just too much work to update with each new version.  IMHO you would do best to have a go at python, it really isn't as hard as it first seems.  Or take a look at the new XML system codewright is working on.  The UE is great for making quick mini-mods etc, but its hard to keep it as up to date as the python scripts.

Back
Top Bottom