[Outdated] Pythonic Module Editor : 0.9.5 fixup released (0.9.5a) [june, 6th 2010]

Users who are viewing this thread

André de Cuyne said:
You've got the WB MS ?
I' cant find a subject in these forums or the in repository wich contains a link to this Module System.
The last messages I found in my researches were dated on yesterday (April, 10°) and were not containing any indication.

I made a mod for 0.720 and still have that MS on my drive, You got it, when you asked for the server files.

@mattyogo : the PyME checks out some files in the MS folder you try to open. All the .py files have to be present in this folder. The .bat files ('build_module.bat' and 'build_module_check_tags.bat') must be present in the MS folder too.
Try to copy Native in a folder (every where you want, then copy your mod sources in this same folder, confirm you want to overwrite the files, and the PyME will open your mod !

Hurray !

I finally got a Warband compatible code for the PyME !

It just needs some improvments to make it edit Warband MS corectly, and I will release the 0.9.5 version.

Thanks guys !

Before releasing the 0.9.5 version, I want to fix some code in the GUI and be sure that all the diferences between Mount & Blade and Warband are correctly considered by the PyME. Since I actually don't have my computer with me right now, it may take a while before the release...

*looks nervously* i believe this woud be the right place to bring this up. Im having a slight problem with PyME that i didnt see adressed anywhere else. 

Its on the first time i opened it, i set everything up in the config screen, but as soon as i close and reopen it or do anything else it gives me the same warning message again. I checked and all the config is still set p right, but its like the program doesnt realize i set it up.

*edit* so i just tryed again and everything is working properly, except that every time i do something the beginning warning messge shows. slightly irritating, not fatal

Jazzy.Boo said:
*looks nervously* i believe this woud be the right place to bring this up. Im having a slight problem with PyME that i didnt see adressed anywhere else. 

Its on the first time i opened it, i set everything up in the config screen, but as soon as i close and reopen it or do anything else it gives me the same warning message again. I checked and all the config is still set p right, but its like the program doesnt realize i set it up.

*edit* so i just tryed again and everything is working properly, except that every time i do something the beginning warning messge shows. slightly irritating, not fatal

This problem can OS related.

If you have Vista, avoid installing the PyME in the 'Program Files' folder. Vista makes 'duplicatas' of the sub-folders and stores a part of the data in the 'real' folder, and an other part in the 'duplicated' folder (I saw this for the first time when I tried to install plugins for Morrowind...).

Concerning W7, I don't have any info, but it is possible that this OS is like Vista.

The fixup for the last PyME version (0.9.5) is available on the repository. See the first post for the download link !

I have just installed 0.9.5a version, but whenever I start it I get this in the log:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "PyME.py", line 9, in <module>
  File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 82, in load_module
  File "editor.pyo", line 81, in <module>
WindowsError: [Error 267] : 'PyME.exe'

What is the problem?

lonan said:
I have just installed 0.9.5a version, but whenever I start it I get this in the log:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "PyME.py", line 9, in <module>
  File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 82, in load_module
  File "editor.pyo", line 81, in <module>
WindowsError: [Error 267] : 'PyME.exe'

What is the problem?
Strange error. I've never seen it before.

The concerned code should make sure that the working directory is the PyME folder. But in this case, Windows shouts an error when changing to the right folder.

Can you tell me what OS you have ? And if you installed the PyME in a "casual" folder (like "Program Files") ?

Since I don't have Windows Vista nor Seven, I need feed back about the behaviour of the PyME with these OSs.

Great !  :grin:

Is it possible to correct the version number (just add the 'a') ? Because the version 0.9.5 is no more available.

I'll send you a short description too.

Some stats about the PyME :

• First release in 2007 by Fujiwara.
  • First release by me in 2008.
  • Actually, the PyME source code is about 30,000 lines in 70 files.

I have been trying to use pyme unsuccessfully.
I can load it up and look at all the modules, but when I edit something and hit save nothing happens.
If I say change a script, save, go to another script, go back to script I modified nothing is changed.
Am I doing something wrong?
Is it not compatible with 1.125? Is it not compatible with Win7 64bit?

I am having the same issue that Kellick is having. I am running the 64 bit version of Windows 7 and whenever I edit something, save, and come back, the change is not there. Any help would be appreciated.

What is the game path that you configure it to?

the data folder? The native module folder?

How do you configure or is there a tutorial i am missing? I just want to fool around with this.

I am trying to figure out how to use this as well but I don't know how to gt the error of having to configure this to Mount and blade warband 1.153 and just to note I am great at making simple websites making my own code but when it comes to modding I am in need of learning how to get this error to stop coming up a little help is necessary please.  :oops: Is the game pathway in the Mount and blade Warband folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Mount&Bland Warband\) And is the Module System Pathway in the Modules folder of Mount and Blade Warband? This is a little bit confusing for me. Thanks in advance.  :smile:

1/1/13
Edit: Nevermind I had to have the module system downloded for it to actually stop the error. Thanks anyway

Back
Top Bottom