[Outdated] Pythonic Module Editor : 0.9.5 fixup released (0.9.5a) [june, 6th 2010]

Users who are viewing this thread

The problem with Vista is it splits data in several folders if you install a prog in the default folder (something like 'C:\Program Files').

Try to install the PyME somewhere else (another folder or drive). It can fix the problems you have.

Fixed version of the PyME is almost ready.

The log file created should be named 'pyme.exe.log'.

Hi, i got the sourcecode of tEatRC mod, and i tried to open it with PyME, ("open file" and the folder containing the sourcecode, a "nonconventional" folder, i.e. a new one i created for the purpose, not like documents, or M&B) but...nothing seem to happen!
I tried waiting for a few minutes, but nothing happens anyway.

You know what the problem may be?

Nikephoros said:
Hi, i got the sourcecode of tEatRC mod, and i tried to open it with PyME, ("open file" and the folder containing the sourcecode, a "nonconventional" folder, i.e. a new one i created for the purpose, not like documents, or M&B) but...nothing seem to happen!
I tried waiting for a few minutes, but nothing happens anyway.

You know what the problem may be?
When opening (and saving) a mod, the folder selection points to the 'Modules' folder of M&B by default.
But the mod's sources can be everywhere, it has no incidence.

May be there is something that the PyME doesn't like in the mod's code.

I know that complex* code/data in can cause problems and errors, but the PyME will create a log file.

If the PyME's buttons and list doesn't activate, and if there's no log file, this is really strange issue.

If i could have the mod source, I could tell you what is wrong.

* complex such as lists, tuples, functions, classes, iterators, etc.
Functions seem to be correctly admitted, but I can't swore that it is right for other objects.

first of all want to thank Andre for this great tool. Thought i'd put my two cents in, i could be wrong but it seems to me that module system editor doesn't like the formations code. so if you want the form ranks code into your module, i suggest you should do your pyme work first then afterwards put in the form ranks code by editing the source code with a text editor (notepad++ is what i use). this is just from my experience and i like i said before i could be wrong. Once again awesome tool!

I get the C:/Program Files/Mount & Blade/Modules/Age of Machinery is not a valid mod sources folder. Any solution for this very annoying problem? I can't open any of the modules. -.-

Nice to see you here, Fujiwara !

The next version of the PyME will be soon released.

This new version will have a plugin support, which allows user to modify the behavior of the import and export function of the program.
And some bugs corrected too...

Mainly programed for 'Form Ranks ! mod compatibility, this plugin support can help modders who have to declare functions or variables that have a peculiar behavior.

Hello, I have a slight problem. This might have been fixed with the new 'pre' release, I did not try that yet, but I tough it doesn't hurt to ask.

Whenever I try to open a folder with mod sources (with all the *.py files) I get the error, that that is not a valid mod sources folder. I even tried to create a new mod. Save it without any modifications in a folder and then try to open it and I get the same error message. (Otherwise the whole program seems to run fine without any problems).

I might be missing something, but I have no idea what.

Thanks in advance, and thanks for the great program!

@mattyogo : the 0.9.4a version effectively does only accept Module Systems located in the configured folder (eg 'C:\Program Files\Mount and Blade\Modules')
The 09.41a version seem to have other bugs. I'm a bit confused, because all seemed to work fine when I tested it... Sorry.
Also, I haven't tested it under Vista or W7, nor Mac OS (because I don't have these OSs), so, it can be intersting to know what is yours.

@Darwin : WB MS is out ? Where can I download it ? (I can't play it, but no matters.)

The fact is that I haven't finished my 'season' yet (I'm actually working in a skiing complex in the Alps, and will be on 'vacations' in two or three weeks) and I don't have actually a lot of time for answering on the forums.  :sad:
But I am working on the next version of the PyME (0.9.5 series) and I will release the last 0.9.4 version soon (two or three weeks :wink: ) if I can fix some issues.

André de Cuyne said:
@Darwin : WB MS is out ? Where can I download it ? (I can't play it, but no matters.)

It's not out yet, but the question was, if there will be WB support in the future. I guess that was a "yes"? :wink:

Effectively, the answer is 'yes'.

But under conditions.

The first is the download link (I should be able to find it myself).

The other are the differencies between M&B and WB MS structures. As soon as I can study the WB MS, I will know if the actual PyME can support it or not (and try to make it compatible in the future versions).

Edit : did you try to open WB MS with the PyME ?
    If yes, what were the issues ?

I actually didn't try it, but I have the 0.720 MS and there shouldn't be that big changes in the general structure of the files. Just some new tags, etc.

You've got the WB MS ?

I' cant find a subject in these forums or the in repository wich contains a link to this Module System.

The last messages I found in my researches were dated on yesterday (April, 10°) and were not containing any indication.

André de Cuyne said:
@mattyogo : the 0.9.4a version effectively does only accept Module Systems located in the configured folder (eg 'C:\Program Files\Mount and Blade\Modules')
The 09.41a version seem to have other bugs. I'm a bit confused, because all seemed to work fine when I tested it... Sorry.
Also, I haven't tested it under Vista or W7, nor Mac OS (because I don't have these OSs), so, it can be intersting to know what is yours.

I have WinXP sp3.
I also save the Module System in the Mount and Blade\Modules\MyMod  folder, so that again should not be a problem (unless you mean, that it has to have the module files in the Modules folder [eg. Mount and Blade\Modules\*.py]) . Can it be, that it doesn't like the fact, that it is not at the standard location (meaning in the program files). Anyways I will test it a bit more to try and figure it out and get back to you with what I find.

Back
Top Bottom