OSP packs which could be useful for us

Users who are viewing this thread

If they're from 1270, then it's a no.

The new kettle hats models, on the other hand, will be included for 0.16. Also the new great helmets he's currently working on (still in a WIP state) since those ones do fit with the mod's timeframe. Well, if he has already finished them when we release 0.16, of course  :wink:

Only the earliest ones (crusader buckets) are from about 1270, some of the others are perhaps even from the early 14th century.

@ NikeBG, these pictures aren't accurate. Such great helms didn't exist before the second half of 13th century.

Hmm, interesting. Then I guess I'm safe to say that Western knights in 1200 were not heavier equipped than their Eastern/Balkan/Byzantine counterparts. In some cases they might even be lighter than the heaviest ones here. Interesting...

Some close helms existed in 1200, but were a bit lighter (see my Castillan helm and Cesar's one). Combined with full hauberks, already dominant by this time, we have knights who were almost as heavy as second half 13th century ones. So I don't think that Western knights weren't heavier than their Eastern/Balkan/Byzantine counterparts.

In terms of body armour they certainly weren't. Their main advantage is exactly the full helm, whereas the Balkan/Byzantine heavy cavalry uses lighter helms (with mail-masks), which obviously offer less protection.

I thought at least the mail coifs and Norman-like helmets could be taken and being a variety-dependent player  i tried. I received an error with the great helmets color texture and when i gave up on the great helmets leaving in only the coifs, a second error about a "earthen-something-else" dds file came up. I don't want to turn this topic into "help me" rubbish but this is the only mod i'm going to use and i don't think it's fair to ask mod leaders to introduce stuff that maybe they haven't chosen for some reasons. Has anyone else tried to put any of these helmets in ?

NikeBG said:
Wow... The Bulgarians were deffinitely mocking the German Tsar when they sent that guy to bring him gifts.
He looks like a shepherd, not as an emissary. No wonder Barbarossa refused. :razz:

I managed to solve the problem in adding new stuff. Dejawolf's helmet package had a texture name error in it and that was the main issue. All pieces work fine now and i've inserted a couple of great helms.
The two textures to be corrected are: earthenvmap.dds and earthenvmap.dds

Hope it helps  :wink:

Maybe you can use this : http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,184547.0.html
those are some helmets i made a while ago, don't have screens for now.

Back
Top Bottom